Caddy

Win4AU

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

And the rest of the coaching staff that stepped in after Harsin got canned did a pretty great job.  Outside of those 2 weird fg calls at the end of the Iron Bowl I can't think of a single thing to complain about.  They took a half of football to figure things out against Miss State and only got better.  The moment that stands out to me is the 2nd half of Western Kentucky.  With Auburn losing momentum on offense and defense going into the halftime I could see Western Kentucky going up in the 2nd half and Auburn struggling to keep up.  Thats what I would typically expect in a team in this position.  Carnell and that coaching staff came out and had a team ready to dominate the 2nd half.  They really coached within a touchdown of Alabama tonight which would have been the closest in years in Tuscaloosa.  No matter what happens these guys have exceed my expectations.

He did better than some we paid big money for. What a lot can’t see but I did on those late field goals is the game was over and he was building on the future with big game experience for the kicker

Yep they did a great job. The biggest surprise was the offense and offensive play calling. I thought we would be terrible with Will Friend calling plays. It was quite the opposite. They found a way to get yards and points. I found myself a few times saying “good play call”. Great job and huge surprise.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep they did a great job. The biggest surprise was the offense and offensive play calling. I thought we would be terrible with Will Friend calling plays. It was quite the opposite. They found a way to get yards and points. I found myself a few times saying “good play call”. Great job and huge surprise.

+100 on Friend. I kind of think Jarquez lost focus on his fumble because there was literally nothing but open field in front of him. He was gone. Then he drops the ball after brushing against his own man. 

I like Schmedding's calls too. He put an outmanned D in a position to win and once again held bama almost in check in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

He took the same team that should have lost to Mizzou and rushed over 300 yards against Alabama on the road with that oline.

We could do a lot worse with a new coach.

We were two plays - Hunter's fumble with nothing but green grass in front of him, and that ridiculous muffed punt call - from making this another IB classic and possibly even a W against a Saban team at home with everything to play for. Saban is something like 119-1 at home since 2009, only loss to Cam and AU, per the broadcast today.  

11 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

We were two plays - Hunter's fumble with nothing but green grass in front of him, and that ridiculous muffed punt call - from making this another IB classic and possibly even a W against a Saban team at home with everything to play for. Saban is something like 119-1 at home since 2009, only loss to Cam and AU, per the broadcast today.  

119-1 (now 120) while leading 14+ going into halftime. 

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

Right. He lost to Joe Burrow and the “bought and paid fors” at home in 2019, but the bloody tampons were losing at half in that one though. 🤣

17 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Oh, we have.    And we probably will. 

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of ! And I’m getting backlash from a lot of people for posting it but it’s the truth! 

52 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Hah, well that's what I get for posting stats I saw while distracted with family watching the game and discussing everything at once. 

• Like 1

I thought Carnell and the coordinators did a great job. I would not be mad if we took the interim tag off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Caddy can not be the next AU head coach; won't be, not yet. 

Can you image how it would go down: Caddy, welcome to Auburn as HFC. Here's $5M/year for 3 years, conditional; which is more money than you've ever seen - it could be hard to handle. Sure, that's less than Harsin was making. Sure, we were going to give Kiffin $11M/year for 9 years but since we can get you cheap, we're going to do just that and we know you won't go anywhere else. Sure, you're #1 but we'll just keep treating you like #2. 

Other than somehow keeping Caddy on the new staff in some capacity or writing him a $1.5M check to coach elsewhere, this is potentially a very delicate situation. 

Everyone knows Coach Williams has much less experience than Kiffin or Harsin. So I think everyone, including Coach Williams, would be okay with a lower contract compared to them. The contract would increase over time for success on the field. The team has improved significantly over the past couple of weeks. Coach Williams’ lack of experience is obviously not ideal. But he does have energy, youth, buy in from the team, and a true love for Auburn which are amazing intangibles. Just thinking outside of the box given the box given the events of the coaching search over the past week. 

Edited by SeattleTiger86

14 hours ago, Systems said:

Can you image how it would go down: Caddy, welcome to Auburn as HFC. Here's $5M/year for 3 years, conditional; which is more money than you've ever seen - it could be hard to handle. Sure, that's less than Harsin was making. Sure, we were going to give Kiffin $11M/year for 9 years but since we can get you cheap, we're going to do just that and we know you won't go anywhere else. Sure, you're #1 but we'll just keep treating you like #2. 

Other than somehow keeping Caddy on the new staff in some capacity or writing him a $1.5M check to coach elsewhere, this is potentially a very delicate situation. 

Lac first NFL contract was 5 yr $30MM with $13MM guaranteed so he has seen that kind of money before.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Systems said:

If offered the job, we have no idea what the terms might be.  He does not seem to be ego driven and might pay AU to let him be HC 😄.  What would we look for in a HC?  Someone who helps the team improve.  Someone who is a motivator.  Someone who has imagination putting together a game plan. Sounds a lot like the guy currently in charge.  Fantastic job of keeping this team and staff focused on the mission.   

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, hogmen said:

caddy come on down to Fayetteville u can be our OC  then our coach in 25 or 26

What happened to Briles?  I thought he would be good there?