50 Day Africa Hunt

japantiger

On 1/26/2023 at 11:39 AM, I_M4_AU said:

They told me that is all they had to know, as Jackson Hole was really not part of Wyoming.

For thirty years or more Jackson Hole has been so expensive that the people who grew up there can hardly afford to live there. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, BigBlueWDE said:

I just stumbled upon this thread this morning, and I have to applaud @japantiger for fact-based, rational responses to some pretty stinging criticisms. The lack of civility on tough topics is rampant, and it is always refreshing when folks genuinely want to understand why somebody does something that they instinctually don't agree with. Not saying that happened in this case though :-)

I have only started hunting western states over the past 3 seasons in Oregon and Washington after about a decade in tree stands in AL. Branching out to pronghorn in Montana this coming season, and currently planning my first elk hunt in 2024. I am extremely grateful for the hunters that came before me that are largely responsible for still having sustainable populations of these animals in the wild during the modern era.

Stay safe out there and thanks for being a great example of how to handle yourself in a tough conversation.

Make sure you post about it on here when you hunt .  Look forward to seeing the photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hahahaha. The thread that will not die. Killers love killing. Let's all go kill more animals! There's more animals that need killing! So we need to be killers. hahahaha

Sigh!

On 3/6/2023 at 10:00 PM, AURex said:

Hahahaha. The thread that will not die. Killers love killing. Let's all go kill more animals! There's more animals that need killing! So we need to be killers. hahahaha

Sigh!

Can't wait to see your reaction when I post this summers upcoming hunts...

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

The only animals from this hunt not back in the US now are the Elephant and Kudu (being processed for shipping to South Africa where they will ultimately be shipped back to the US from) and the Lion.  Everything else is with Brush Country just outside of Houston.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Elephant import permit is now approved as of this past week, so the elephant and kudu are on their way back to the US.  That leaves only the lion still in permit limbo.  Likely at least another 2 years on it.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The Elephant import permit is now approved as of this past week, so the elephant and kudu are on their way back to the US.  That leaves only the lion still in permit limbo.  Likely at least another 2 years on it.  

At least progress is being made. Again, congratulations on your successful hunt.

• 8 months later...