The backlash will be really bad

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

There is nothing to indicate that he has.  There are indications that he has not.  Liberty is certainly not a place for finding your way.

True character does the right thing whether being monitored or, not. 

Redemption is personal.  It requires soul searching and, communication with Jesus.  It has absolutely nothing to do with coaching football.  Winning football games is not redemption.

maybe jesus had to work harder with him. he deserves a chance. he has the chance to prove he has moved forward and i bet he makes the best of it. he can also in my personal opinion get more out of our players and i do not think he is a fake christian. who are any of us to say he does not deserve a second chance? you surprised me ichy.

• Like 1

It will be over and done soon. The anti-Auburn and pro-Bammer journalists in this state will move onto other things.

It is high time and way past due that ALL Auburn alumni, fans and supporters get behind Coach Freeze, his staff, the AD, the President and the BOT.

There is entirely too much negativity here, makes you wonder if some posters are Bammer trolls.

Let’s eliminate JABA and remove it from our vocabulary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, PUB78 said:

It will be over and done soon. The anti-Auburn and pro-Bammer journalists in this state will move onto other things.

It is high time and way past due that ALL Auburn alumni, fans and supporters get behind Coach Freeze, his staff, the AD, the President and the BOT.

There is entirely too much negativity here, makes you wonder if some posters are Bammer trolls.

What the heck does JABA even mean

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Dude works in ministry and does not understand John 8 7. 
go ahead and lock this thread down. 

well he is telling us he is a tool with his name. he does not even appear to know all the facts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ursamajortoole said:

I don't work in ministry nor am I particularly interested in using a holier than thou Christian angle. I just think Hugh Freeze is a massive scumbag and the amount of gaslighting in these threads around accepting Freeze and defending his horrific actions is proof positive that Auburn deserves Freeze and Freeze deserves us.

Well, the guy that post it did work in the ministry. 
I have already made it clear that I do not condone what he did, nor did I want him as our coach. But he is our coach. And I’m not about to cast the first stone on whether he is a changed man or not. I don’t know him. Do you? 

34 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why does he not deserve a chance at redemption? this saddens me especially with you in ministry. you minister to folks and not turn your back on them.

I could care less about his character. Can the dude coach? His coaching record says he's a mediocre coach doing mediocre things. Four to five loss seasons isn't going to cut it here.

I thought that he just hired a hooker, which I have no problem with.  His alleged behavior at Briarcrest is the most concerning to me.  Damn sure not sending my daughter to play OT on the Plains.  

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, Guest MustardSeed said:

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

So...if Hugh walked in to your place of ministry needing ministering (like we all do), you'd leave because you can't be associated with him or Auburn University? Or would you tell him to leave because your reputation in that place of ministry would be jeopardized?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe jesus had to work harder with him. he deserves a chance. he has the chance to prove he has moved forward and i bet he makes the best of it. he can also in my personal opinion get more out of our players and i do not think he is a fake christian. who are any of us to say he does not deserve a second chance? you surprised me ichy.

I am sorry you feel that way.  HF has made a mockery of faith.  His redemption does not lie in coaching football at Auburn.  He has all the chances in the world for redemption.  Those have nothing to do with football coaching.  Unless of course, you are confusing real redemption with,,, redemption as a respectable football coach.  Those are vastly different concepts.

I do not believe he is a "fake christian" either.  However, Christianity is not much of a standard these days.  Can you not see those who reflect the love of Jesus?  Are they not apparent?

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Right On PUB!👍

2 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

So...if Hugh walked in to your place of ministry needing ministering (like we all do), you'd leave because you can't be associated with him or Auburn University? Or would you tell him to leave because your reputation in that place of ministry would be jeopardized?

There's a difference between helping someone on a personal level and wanting the best for them and for them to turn things around and prosper vs. paying them millions of dollars to coach football and lead young men.

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I could care less about his character.

Typical response of someone with no character. 

When leadership has no integrity, no character,,, a society, a culture will ultimately fail (see history of civilizations).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Guest MustardSeed said:

The backlash will be terrible I would guess, but I can’t speak for everyone else. I can only speak for myself and do what’s right for me. For me, I work in ministry and because of this hire I can no longer have my name associated with Auburn University.  The amount of compromise required to do so for me would undermine everything I stand for and believe in. So this will be my last post. I’ve already messaged the mods and requested my account be deleted. Good bye. Best of luck to all of you. 

So let me get this straight - you're going to lie about/deny prior connections to AU, perhaps you're even a graduate? The Christian Faith I follow is all about owning your past and being forgiven for it where needed. Maybe you need to think a little harder about that ministry of yours. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, ursamajortoole said:

There's a difference between helping someone on a personal level and wanting the best for them and for them to turn things around and prosper vs. paying them millions of dollars to coach football and lead young men.

you are dead wrong scooter. everyone counts or no one counts. he has done nothing wrong in many years. there are a lot of hypocrites on this board. jesus is about forgiveness. we gave him a chance. if he fails we move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

Neither, you would immediately give him a job worth 6.5 mil/year and make him the face of the ministry.  That is how true forgiveness, the grace of Jesus, works. 

2 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

So let me get this straight - you're going to lie about/deny prior connections to AU, perhaps you're even a graduate? The Christian Faith I follow is all about owning your past and being forgiven for it where needed. Maybe you need to think a little harder about that ministry of yours. 

if we lift him up i think he will reward auburn for taking the highroad. i can be wrong. but i am not going to bash auburn the next few years because they hired a coach. i hope he makes it. we will be blessed for giving him a chance and if he fails at the end of the day it will still be on him and not auburn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are dead wrong scooter. everyone counts or no one counts. he has done nothing wrong in many years. there are a lot of hypocrites on this board. jesus is about forgiveness. we gave him a chance. if he fails we move on.

How in the world does forgiveness have anything to do with making someone your football coach?

it's nice how Freeze has brought us together already and we are all back to doing what we enjoy the most: Complaining about our football coach.

Not my first choice, but it's done and I say give the guy a chance. If we are going to rip somebody, let's rip the guys who hired him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

How in the world does forgiveness have anything to do with making someone your football coach?

The "Jesus loves and forgives everyone" gaslighting is insane. Armchair religion being used as a way to justify what one selfishly wants and attempt to morally castigate anyone who disagrees at its finest.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Did a great job in our back ground checks and investigations.  Maybe have a quick check in with the woman he harassed 

You have a pretty low standard for harassment. If you are basing that on a dm where he said someone was a good man. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1