Who will be the coordinators for CHF? Position coaches?

GAAubie

31 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

What's the board's thoughts on Charles Kelly as DC? 

M y thoughts on him changed when I saw his profile on 247

Recruited a who's who of 5 *

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Anyone confirmed who's staying and who he's bringing in?

i posted an article on it in todays auburn articles...........just in case you want to enjoy my hard work..........grins

• Like 2

Will we be having the traditional Tracy Rocker cup of coffee in Auburn hire at DL?

Over under on former Auburn player coaches... 4? 5?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GAAubie said:

He would be solid get at a glance at his resume. It's possible that Saban gets rid of both coordinators, and he gets a promotion.

1 hour ago, aucom96 said:

Will we be having the traditional Tracy Rocker cup of coffee in Auburn hire at DL?

Over under on former Auburn player coaches... 4? 5?

I love Tracy Rocker, but I don't think he will come back to college football. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't enjoy recruiting. He's doing great at the Philadelphia Eagles. 

4 hours ago, GAAubie said:

I think there’s a reason that Saban hasn’t promoted him. Great recruiter but not qualified to be an elite DC

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

I love Tracy Rocker, but I don't think he will come back to college football. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't enjoy recruiting. He's doing great at the Philadelphia Eagles. 

I think he left us at the alter last time. I’m not looking for AU grads, but best recruiters/coaches. Thats the model tgat has been working for last 5-6 years.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he left us at the alter last time. I’m not looking for AU grads, but best recruiters/coaches. Thats the model tgat has been working for last 5-6 years.

I agree...Tracy needs to enjoy the NFL or wherever he is! I would prefer the return of Rodney Garner vs. TRocker

What are the official rules for in-home recuriting? I know it is on-field assisstant coaches, but is that for coaches that are on payroll or a coach that has accepted a position but not signed on the dotted line yet (or both)? etc....  Other administrative personnel (I think) can make text and phone contact with recruits but not visit (I could be wrong here too). Just don't know if there are exceptions for coaching turnover situations.  TIA for any enlightenment.  WDE

It should be fun seeing who Freeze hires.  He seems very confident that he can get someone he really wants at both the OC and DC positions given what he said at the presser regarding all of the texts he is getting from coaches that want to work under him at Auburn.  I love that Caddy got the Associate Head Coach and RB coach positions.  Being an AHC will allow him to learn everything he needs to become a head coach or OC.  I could see Caddy getting the OC position at Auburn in a few years if the OC that Freeze hires has a prolific offense and leaves for a HC job.  

• Like 2

Definitely an up and comer sort of name, but what does anyone know about UAB's OL coach Cameron Blankenship?

I suspect with the split over Freeze, getting big name coordinators is going to be a priority... like with Mason and Harsin. I'm not sure who's out there they could pull. I doubt Luke is going to retire from a national championship team to come back to work for Auburn unless we throw the bank at him. Is he that good? And I know people scoff at Muschamp, but the man is one hell of a recruiter. 

I wouldn’t mind Steele coming back especially if he could bring Rodney Garner back with him too.  No brainer that Zac needs to stay.  

Edited by weagl1

7 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I wouldn’t mins Steele coming back especially if he could bring Rodney Garner back with too.  No brained that Zac needs to stay.  

I would rather not rewash old clothes. Let’s buy some new ones!!!!😊

• Like 2

There’s definitely some good options out there for DC.  I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to Muschamp.   He has been great for us before, probably less likely to leave again, the HC fire may have gone out, and being on the uga staff the last 2 years couldn’t hurt!

Ive also been impressed with Arnett this year.  
I would be happy with TRob, but I don’t think TWill is ready just yet.  Charles Kelly is a beast recruiter, but I think CHF needs an elite X and O schematics guy as his DC, IMHO.  

As far as OC, I’m interested to see if he goes big name high octane O and gives up calling plays, or if he sticks to calling plays and getting a good recruiter/up and comer type to be the “OC”.   

He knows what it takes to win and he’s get the connections and the budget to make it happen!!!

Edited by AUinMS9528

10 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

There’s definitely some good options out there for DC.  I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to Muschamp.   He has been great for us before, probably less likely to leave again, the HC fire may have gone out, and being on the uga staff the last 2 years couldn’t hurt!

Ive also been impressed with Arnett this year.  
I would be happy with TRob, but I don’t think TWill is ready just yet.  Charles Kelly is a beast recruiter, but I think CHF needs an elite X and O schematics guy as his DC, IMHO.  

As far as OC, I’m interested to see if he goes big name high octane O and gives up calling plays, or if he sticks to calling plays and getting a good recruiter/up and comer type to be the “OC”.   

He knows what it takes to win and he’s get the connections and the budget to make it happen!!!

I’m betting he gels his offense with the OC’s. May share play calling though.

If Matt Luke isn't an option, then Jeff Grimes as OL coach and OC. I would like the DC at Moo State, but he may be their head coach if the Pirate has to call it quits. I want a strength coach that has a full supply of deer antler spray with a side of piss and vinegar! 

2 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

If Matt Luke isn't an option, then Jeff Grimes as OL coach and OC. I would like the DC at Moo State, but he may be their head coach if the Pirate has to call it quits. I want a strength coach that has a full supply of deer antler spray with a side of piss and vinegar! 

I highly doubt Jeff Grimes come here as an OC, when he intended to be a HC.

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Would Muschamp come back ? Kelly, Odom would be great choices 

That would be wild.  I wonder if a fired HC has ever returned to the school they were fired from as a OC/DC/Position Coach?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

I want a strength coach that has a full supply of deer antler spray with a side of piss and vinegar! 

It should be really easy to get an elite S&C guy with our new facilities!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We desperately need elite recruiters..desperately!

• Like 1