What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

Dang. Y’all still arguing over irrelevant things? Any real news about recruits? What about OC or DC?

The divisiveness is real but it’s time to let the water flow under the bridge. We have our coach, nothing anyone can do to change that. Life is too short to get so worked up over things that are out of your control. Say your peace and move on.  Probable should take a break from Auburn football and enjoy the Christmas season with the family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Half of this last page for me is a bunch of ignore content tabs. Anything worth viewing ? 

Not really. Unless rando old guys arguing about a coach in Colorado is of interest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So far I've seen Freeze say the right things. Whether or not people think he is sincere doesn't matter to me. I've seen recruits that Auburn wouldn't have been in the running for mentioning Auburn. I've seen high school coaches that never met Harsin mentioning Freeze. I've seen recruits that Harsin's staff wanted to develop decommit. I don't know if any of that will work out. I hope I see it work out. 

• Like 7

On 12/11/2022 at 12:06 AM, Mikey said:

So, all you have is unfounded speculation and rumors. Got it.

Correct, That’s all he has besides he’s still butt hurt we didn’t hire prime.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:29 AM, Mikey said:

Not much on following your own advice, are you? As soon as you crybabies stop with the "look what Sanders is doing at Colorado" stuff, the subject will die here.

Notice how everyone that disagrees with him, (which is the vast majority) is prejudice and hateful.

He is definitely one of them that’s tolerant to everyone who believes exactly the way he believes!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 12/11/2022 at 12:30 AM, Viper said:

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

You’re 0-5. But your previous claim is concrete. 

giphy.webp

Lol, good job being wrong about everything and then claim you never supported all of the things you were wrong about. You are wrong about Freeze as well.

One thing I have to give you though, you are very consistent!

On 12/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, Mikey said:

My first choice to fill the Auburn job was Baylor OC Jeff Grimes. Others here wanted Kiffin, some wanted Matt Rhule and yet another group thought we didn't push hard enough for Dabo. These people have moved on and support our AD's choice of Freeze.

There is only one bunch here who consistently act like crybabies and whine about AU's choice. These are some of the Sanders backers. Y'all are a bunch of sore losers to say the least. You didn't get your way...WAAAHHH! Grow up and either support Auburn or keep sniffing Sanders's jockstrap on some Colorado site. The crybaby stuff is very, very old.

We're here to point out the facts. The facts are he's put together a chump staff including Two FIRED coordinators. You guys don't want to accept the facts. That's on you guys.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, good job being wrong about everything and then claim you never supported all of the things you were wrong about.

grinch-wrongo.gif

I never said "Greene was a good hire, Harsin was a good hire, Bo Nix is terrible and will never be drafted, Hugh Freeze is a bad hire or Deion will flip so many five stars from Georgia and Alabama to wherever he is coaching."

You're on a roll. What else would you care to fabricate?

4 hours ago, Viper said:

We're here to point out the facts. The facts are he's put together a chump staff including Two FIRED coordinators. You guys don't want to accept the facts. That's on you guys.

There are only 2 kinds of college coaches: those who have been fired and those who haven’t been fired yet.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Your post is factually correct. It should also be noted that Mike Zimmer and Tim Brewster who are both reported going to be with Deion at Colorado, have both been fired in their past. Zimmer from the Vikings and Brewster from Minnesta Gophers. Coaches are hired to be fired.. Saban the exception 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 3:28 PM, Chaotic_zx said:

So far I've seen Freeze say the right things. Whether or not people think he is sincere doesn't matter to me. I've seen recruits that Auburn wouldn't have been in the running for mentioning Auburn. I've seen high school coaches that never met Harsin mentioning Freeze. I've seen recruits that Harsin's staff wanted to develop decommit. I don't know if any of that will work out. I hope I see it work out. 

Harsin set the bar along the Marianas Trench. Any coach with half of a desire to recruit would be able to do what Freeze is doing given the OTV backing and Ever To Conquer doing their thing behind the scenes.

Freeze is a great talker. I wish our PR firm would coach him to give us Anti-Freezers something more than just "I said I was sorry" and "just get to know me".

As far as his hires, I'm quite whelmed. DC Roberts might be okay but I'm also concerned with why Dave Aranda (a guy considered a top-5 defensive mind) would fire his former mentor after one bad season especially after a heavy roster turnover from last year. For comparison, Jeff Grimes is still OC and his side of the ball was also less productive due to similar turnover... It just doesn't move the needle for me.

OC Montgomery, from an X's and O's stand point, should be a good hire. I do not like his affiliation with Art Briles and Baylor considering he was employed there during the window of the scandal there. Obviously it has not affected his employment opportunities but it still makes me uneasy.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Harsin set the bar along the Marianas Trench. Any coach with half of a desire to recruit would be able to do what Freeze is doing given the OTV backing and Ever To Conquer doing their thing behind the scenes.

Freeze is a great talker. I wish our PR firm would coach him to give us Anti-Freezers something more than just "I said I was sorry" and "just get to know me".

As far as his hires, I'm quite whelmed. DC Roberts might be okay but I'm also concerned with why Dave Aranda (a guy considered a top-5 defensive mind) would fire his former mentor after one bad season especially after a heavy roster turnover from last year. For comparison, Jeff Grimes is still OC and his side of the ball was also less productive due to similar turnover... It just doesn't move the needle for me.

OC Montgomery, from an X's and O's stand point, should be a good hire. I do not like his affiliation with Art Briles and Baylor considering he was employed there during the window of the scandal there. Obviously it has not affected his employment opportunities but it still makes me uneasy.

I’m sure if you let HF know, he can speak to that. He wouldn’t want a “fan” on a message board to feel uneasy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure if you let HF know, he can speak to that. He wouldn’t want a “fan” on a message board to feel uneasy.

Pretty sure no one at Auburn cares what anyone's opinion is who doesn't wear a bright yellow hat

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:18 PM, Viper said:

Are these the facts you speak of? 

Paul Finebaum says Hugh Freeze ‘knocked it out of the park’ with coordinator hires!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/paul-finebaum-says-hugh-freeze-knocked-it-out-of-the-park-with-coordinator-hires/amp/

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Paul Finebaum says Hugh Freeze ‘knocked it out of the park’ with coordinator hires!

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/paul-finebaum-says-hugh-freeze-knocked-it-out-of-the-park-with-coordinator-hires/amp/

Wait, we like Finebaum now?

I'm just trying to keep up. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Now take your time and read slow, with very large print, since you’re having trouble keeping up.

SEC analyst praises Hugh Freeze’s coordinator hires

https://sports.yahoo.com/sec-analyst-praises-hugh-freeze-141745882.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADloe8XbivdimNdcrLkdrAHQwcok-VymVdL772bhnpDaa-0N2z_XeHsUBujacFx4dmN9sHHZUOA4QE8BFFfWja_4i7zlNNOXgROCbiDkJs5cQekpoyRp3L4rlnl6QF23IvRQzInbNzswYf9XMX_71idCItQBvQduYOJPaeUO5Shw

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Who said anything about liking Finebaum? Stop reaching. It’s an article with some good points in it. That is all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:15 AM, Gowebb11 said:

There are only 2 kinds of college coaches: those who have been fired and those who haven’t been fired yet.  

* clears throat *

- N. Saban / K. Smart

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Ah yes, who better to gauge Baylor & Tulsa coaches’ value than Finebaum.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Viper said:

* clears throat *

- N. Saban / K. Smart

Muschamp, Steele, Fulmer, Richt, Tuberville, Kiffin, Sarkisian, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc……. 

* chuckles *

• Like 2

I've been in the Nest for 4 days, come back here and people still arguing about the Coaches??? Y'all need to grow up. I'm around Elementary students everyday that are more mature than you guys. And if this offends you, you are the problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Muschamp, Steele, Fulmer, Richt, Tuberville, Kiffin, Sarkisian, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc……. 

* chuckles *

On 12/12/2022 at 6:15 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I proved your claim incorrect and didn’t have to journey outside the SEC to find them.

robin-batman.gif