What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

Freeze is the OC.  Sounds like the #1 DC candidate got a HC gig.  I don’t think any of that will affect recruiting.  Too much opportunity and resources waiting for top players to come in and play day 1 at Auburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Too much opportunity and resources waiting for top players to come in and play day 1 at Auburn.

Same opportunity that was at Auburn when Harsin was coach. 

We are competing in a short window with a lot of other teams who already have their staff in place and just as much, if not more, NIL money... but our needs are far greater. Since we've hired Freeze, we really need to present a picture of stability which means getting the staff hired quickly. The longer this drags out, the more BS can be used against us recruiting wise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

you’re the type that just can’t stand it or admit it when you’re wrong.

Been several years since I was wrong anything regarding AU fball. I was wrong about 2015 AU winning the West. I was wrong about Calvin Ashley becoming the best OT to ever play at AU. That's about it.

Your turn.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

You choose not to believe a former Georgia Tech player still close to the program?

How would any former player 100% definitively know if a candidate was turned down for a job or interview? Were they present during phone/Zoom/in-person meetings with the AD? On top of that, said former player told you, making it passed-down 3rd-hand hearsay.

Jon Sokoloff thinks that's hilarious.

He at least had a scoop folks believed for a couple of days.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So why is it prime isn’t at Georgia Tech?

I'll take academic requirements for $1000 Alex.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He went to Colorado where they admit they don’t even have the money to pay him, because it was one of the worst power five jobs in the country. His only power five offer, a 1–11 team, with no NIL money that admit they can’t afford to pay their HC.

Do you actually think Freeze doesn’t know who he wants or can’t get an OC or DC? Auburn university can’t get an OC or a DC? I mean if you seriously, actually believe that, there’s no point in continuing this discussion.

I suppose Sean Lewis (5 years a HC) and Charles Kelly (Saban assistant) are also working pro bono.

You know...the two coordinators Prime hired within FOUR days on the job.

Meanwhile...Hugh is still holding out hope he doesn't have to offer his Liberty comrades lateral moves and end up resembling the guy Rane just paid 15M to GTFO.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

As was said in the opening presser, Freeze was the number one candidate and that’s who he got! They were vetting freeze while the press was claiming we were going after Kiffin. He interviewed, I believe it was 17 people, Deion was not one of them because we didn’t want him and Freeze, again his number one candidate, got the job.

Yup you really do believe whatever is said. Of course, sometimes, it's what the AD says at a presser...the same AD that declined taking questions. Other times, it's a former player. Whichever and whoever's story makes you feel better...that's how you roll.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

We have a proven, experienced, SEC Athletic Director.  We have an SEC proven, experienced  winning head coach. We have one of the nicest football only facilities in the country. We have some of the best NIL money in the country. We are in great shape but you are so butt hurt that we didn’t hire an inexperienced, Braggadocious, self-centered, SEC inexperienced Mr. primetime, that you just can’t stand it.

Not hurt at all. Prime was my #1. Kiffin #2. Freeze #3. So obviously, I was ok with Freeze. I do think he will very slowly undo what Harsin did.

I also believe Freeze as a HC...is a nothing more than a cousin of Gus. I believe Freeze might reach the SECCG once at AU, but for the most part, will be a "solid" 8-win average program Gus will be proud of.

As previously said...I predict Prime will be a SEC HC within 5 years. If and when he makes it...he will annihilate Freeze in recruiting, hire whoever he wants and won't have to beg Liberty assistants to follow him.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

It is to the point where you are not even an Auburn fan so why are you on our board?

I kinda like being a pain in your ass.

grinch-smile.gif

Edited by Viper

10 hours ago, Viper said:

teresting that Prime went straight from HBCU to P5. Nope, didn’t have to make a stop at Arkansas St like the last 3 AU HCs. Straight to the P5, where he’ll use that as a spring board into the SEC, likely the West, adding another recruiting machine who AU will likely have to recruit against. Can’t wait.

What makes you think that Sanders will be coaching in three years? The woods are full of daddies who coach their kid for a year or two and then stop coaching when the kid is done playing. Sanders fits that scenario and he doesn't need the money.

10 hours ago, Viper said:

The rumored DC that Freeze wanted, left dink’s side and ran to coach with Prime. Not bad for a few days on the job. Prime has his DC. Where’s Freeze’s DC?

Where’s the rumored OC that Freeze wanted? Oh that’s right…left a 2023 Heisman candidate in Chapel Hill and took off to cold ass Madison, Wisconsin to coach with Fickell.

Since you want links, where's a link that claims Freeze had even the slightest interest in Kelly or Longo? All that's been seen is speculation on this message board about who might be a target. Post a quote where Freeze claims he's trying to hire either one of those guys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Been several years since I was wrong anything regarding AU fball. I was wrong about 2015 AU winning the West. I was wrong about Calvin Ashley becoming the best OT to ever play at AU. That's about it.

Your turn.

How would any former player 100% definitively know if a candidate was turned down for a job or interview? Were they present during phone/Zoom/in-person meetings with the AD? On top of that, said former player told you, making it passed-down 3rd-hand hearsay.

Jon Sokoloff thinks that's hilarious.

He at least had a scoop folks believed for a couple of days.

I'll take academic requirements for $1000 Alex.

I suppose Sean Lewis (5 years a HC) and Charles Kelly (Saban assistant) are also working pro bono.

You know...the two coordinators Prime hired within FOUR days on the job.

Meanwhile...Hugh is still holding out hope he doesn't have to offer his Liberty comrades lateral moves and end up resembling the guy Rane just paid 15M to GTFO.

Yup you really do believe whatever is said. Of course, sometimes, it's what the AD says at a presser...the same AD that declined taking questions. Other times, it's a former player. Whichever and whoever's story makes you feel better...that's how you roll.

Not hurt at all. Prime was my #1. Kiffin #2. Freeze #3. So obviously, I was ok with Freeze. I do think he will very slowly undo what Harsin did.

I also believe Freeze as a HC...is a nothing more than a cousin of Gus. I believe Freeze might reach the SECCG once at AU, but for the most part, will be a "solid" 8-win average program Gus will be proud of.

As previously said...I predict Prime will be a SEC HC within 5 years. If and when he makes it...he will annihilate Freeze in recruiting, hire whoever he wants and won't have to beg Liberty assistants to follow him.

I kinda like being a pain in your ass.

grinch-smile.gif

You’re in that same crowd with:

1. Greene was a good hire.

2. Harsin was a good hire.

3. Bo Nix is terrible and will never be drafted.

4. Hugh Freeze is a bad hire.

5. Deion will flip so many five stars from Georgia and Alabama to wherever he is coaching.

Let me just sprinkle a few facts in just to get in your way. Over 40%; that’s more than four out of 10 players that enter the portal do not find a new home. (Last three years combined) We’ve got an excellent recruiter, and some of the best NIL money the country, we will have a full roster unlike your Bryan Harsin hire.

AD Admits Colorado Can't Yet Cover Salary Offered Deion Sanders

https://clutchpoints.com/colorado-football-news-buffaloes-dont-have-money-yet-to-pay-deion-sanders-and-his-louis-luggage?amp=1

https://www.outkick.com/deion-sanders-colorado-contract-money-details/

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/budgeting/article/15303966/ad-admits-colorado-cant-yet-cover-salary-offered-deion-sanders

On Sunday, Sanders peacocked his way into the Colorado practice facility and made a bizarre first impression. He instantly proclaimed his son the starting quarterback before he’d officially entered the transfer portal and made sure to promote himself as the savior of Colorado football. There wasn’t much talk of building Colorado’s players up. He made sure to note that any student-athletes he doesn’t deem worthy are welcome to leave. He dehumanized and insulted his team full of FBS student-athletes he’s been tasked with leading by informing them that he’s got his own guys from a lower subdivision of football ready to take their spots so they might as well hop into the portal ASAP.

https://deadspin.com/deion-sanders-is-borrowing-too-much-of-his-colorado-str-1849856016

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What makes you think that Sanders will be coaching in three years? The woods are full of daddies who coach their kid for a year or two and then stop coaching when the kid is done playing. Sanders fits that scenario and he doesn't need the money.

Since you want links, where's a link that claims Freeze had even the slightest interest in Kelly or Longo? All that's been seen is speculation on this message board about who might be a target. Post a quote where Freeze claims he's trying to hire either one of those guys.

He gets confused when you speak of or ask for facts. Colorado is the only power five school in the country that offered Prime and they were also one of the worst power five schools in the country. That’s the reason, Deion got an offer from them.

He speaks in a world of wishes and dreams where you can search the web and find someplace, somewhere, your non-factual opinion (like Freeze and Auburn are going to struggle to find a OC or DC, or turds and thuga 5 stars will bolt to play for prime) and then pretend that it’s true.

Then when reality sets in and speaks a different story, (like no medium to top school wanted Deion) he just continues to live in his own pretend world. Then he gets mad that everyone doesn’t believe his make-believe. 😂

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because he wants to “dominate.”

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Fair point. Any OC & DC Freeze might be after is rumor because he doesn’t have one.

However, stattiger posted a recent thread that made a strong case it was Longo who Freeze was after because he hired him at Ole Miss and Freeze made mention of an OC in his presser that needed help in the red zone. Longo fit that description perfectly.

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Fair point. Any OC & DC Freeze might be after is rumor because he doesn’t have one.

However, stattiger posted a recent thread that made a strong case it was Longo who Freeze was after because he hired him at Ole Miss and Freeze made mention of an OC in his presser that needed help in the red zone. Longo fit that description perfectly.

So, all you have is unfounded speculation and rumors. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Greene was a good hire.

Nope

Harsin was a good hire

Nope

Bo Nix is terrible and will never be drafted

Nope

Hugh Freeze is a bad hire

Nope

Deion will flip so many five stars from Georgia and Alabama to wherever he is coaching

Nope

You’re 0-5. But your previous claim is concrete. 

giphy.webp

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, all you have is unfounded speculation and rumors. Got it.

You should ask Jon Sokoloff and AU-24. They’ve got the scoops. 

Click below for their Annual Premium Subscription…

burning-money-ha.gif

43 minutes ago, Viper said:

Longo definitely might have been his 1st choice. I fully understand why Longo would choose to go where he went as he us free to implement his own offense and call his own plays. He is the one that will own credit or Ire depending on outcome. That definitely potentially helps his resume better than the AU job just on systems basis alone.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

You should ask Jon Sokoloff and AU-24. They’ve got the scoops. 

Click below for their Annual Premium Subscription…

burning-money-ha.gif

Why are you wasting your time here? Colorado boards must exist and Sanders has twitter feeds a-plenty. Seems like those are places you'd be more interested in.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why are you wasting your time here? Colorado boards must exist and Sanders has twitter feeds a-plenty. Seems like those are places you'd be more interested in.

I hear this forum welcomes Baylor fans too. 

• Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Longo definitely might have been his 1st choice. I fully understand why Longo would choose to go where he went as he us free to implement his own offense and call his own plays. He is the one that will own credit or Ire depending on outcome. That definitely potentially helps his resume better than the AU job just on systems basis alone.

Fickell or Freeze? Difficult decision.

11 hours ago, AU-24 said:

1. Greene was a good hire.

2. Harsin was a good hire.

3. Bo Nix is terrible and will never be drafted.

4. Hugh Freeze is a bad hire.

5. Deion will flip so many five stars from Georgia and Alabama to wherever he is coaching.

Let me just sprinkle a few facts in just to get in your way. Over 40%; that’s more than four out of 10 players that enter the portal do not find a new home. (Last three years combined) We’ve got an excellent recruiter, and some of the best NIL money the country, we will have a full roster unlike your Bryan Harsin hire.

AD Admits Colorado Can't Yet Cover Salary Offered Deion Sanders

https://clutchpoints.com/colorado-football-news-buffaloes-dont-have-money-yet-to-pay-deion-sanders-and-his-louis-luggage?amp=1

https://www.outkick.com/deion-sanders-colorado-contract-money-details/

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/budgeting/article/15303966/ad-admits-colorado-cant-yet-cover-salary-offered-deion-sanders

On Sunday, Sanders peacocked his way into the Colorado practice facility and made a bizarre first impression. He instantly proclaimed his son the starting quarterback before he’d officially entered the transfer portal and made sure to promote himself as the savior of Colorado football. There wasn’t much talk of building Colorado’s players up. He made sure to note that any student-athletes he doesn’t deem worthy are welcome to leave. He dehumanized and insulted his team full of FBS student-athletes he’s been tasked with leading by informing them that he’s got his own guys from a lower subdivision of football ready to take their spots so they might as well hop into the portal ASAP.

https://deadspin.com/deion-sanders-is-borrowing-too-much-of-his-colorado-str-1849856016

All you are displaying is your prejudice and, inability to be an honest person.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I hear this forum welcomes Baylor fans too. 

My first choice to fill the Auburn job was Baylor OC Jeff Grimes. Others here wanted Kiffin, some wanted Matt Rhule and yet another group thought we didn't push hard enough for Dabo. These people have moved on and support our AD's choice of Freeze.

There is only one bunch here who consistently act like crybabies and whine about AU's choice. These are some of the Sanders backers. Y'all are a bunch of sore losers to say the least. You didn't get your way...WAAAHHH! Grow up and either support Auburn or keep sniffing Sanders's jockstrap on some Colorado site. The crybaby stuff is very, very old.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

My first choice to fill the Auburn job was Baylor OC Jeff Grimes. Others here wanted Kiffin, some wanted Matt Rhule and yet another group thought we didn't push hard enough for Dabo. These people have moved on and support our AD's choice of Freeze.

There is only one bunch here who consistently act like crybabies and whine about AU's choice. These are some of the Sanders backers. Y'all are a bunch of sore losers to say the least. You didn't get your way...WAAAHHH! Grow up and either support Auburn or keep sniffing Sanders's jockstrap on some Colorado site. The crybaby stuff is very, very old.

YOU are doing more than your fair share of perpetuating the argument.

The war is over.  Your side won.  Time to let it go.

All you are doing now is proving that you are hateful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

YOU are doing more than your fair share of perpetuating the argument.

The war is over.  Your side won.  Time to let it go.

All you are doing now is proving that you are hateful.

Not much on following your own advice, are you? As soon as you crybabies stop with the "look what Sanders is doing at Colorado" stuff, the subject will die here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Not much on following your own advice, are you? As soon as you crybabies stop with the "look what Sanders is doing at Colorado" stuff, the subject will die here.

That's just it.  I haven't said anything about either coach doing something special.  Neither has had time.  Neither has won a single game.

But please, continue on with your hateful nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

What makes the DS situation different is 1) he was the preferred option in the fan surveys for months 2) the traditionalists came up with 54 (and still counting) constantly changing reasons he’d implode and fail, even with all trends to the contrary 3) hes actually now leading another program, with less potential and a bigger mess - so you can compare 4) by many he was seen as the best opportunity to blowup the current sec elite pecking order -quickly. Vs the inevitable grind it out that’s coming.

The issue many are having is not that they “lost” by not getting DS. It’s that AU did. And with a fan divisive hire. Making it tougher is everything that was predicted months ago sanders could do (now at a lesser program) is happening like clockwork. Time will tell. But IMO I’m pretty sure your posts aren’t going to age well. Nor the admins decision.  Hope I’m wrong - but it is… frustrating

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2