What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

14 minutes ago, Viper said:

Eeyore led the charge on this forum to rid Mr. Potato Head. 

Put that in your bitch and smoke it.

And we were in agreement on that. But this Eeyoring about Freeze and the staff is tiresome. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Ah yes, who better to gauge Baylor & Tulsa coaches’ value than Finebaum.

Mom, no one agrees with me on the AU family board, mama do something!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Wasn’t too early to make a determination on Mr. Potato Head. There were a couple of folks who disagreed with that take too.

Ok bro, u got that one right. Let's see how this one plays out. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Now imagine if I was saying some of these naughty words. I would be called a bully lol .

Yep. People are curious creatures. A psycharist could read some posts from some of these cats on here and would have enuf material to do a 500 page thesis on what's wrong with man.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's just stupid

Jesus a an argument between au24 and viper? There's no chance anything said is going to correct

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, NoALtiger said:

We’ve always said let the HC choose his own staff soooooo, let’s let the HC choose his staff lol. He’s on a time crunch so it’s only natural to go with his comfort zone and hire folks he knows and has worked with. Does anyone really expect him to fill out the staff with a bunch of dudes he doesn’t know? 

i think he is hiring coaches that understand his vision and understand exactly what he wants.

• Like 4

On 12/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

It’s funny that some people are upset that CHF hired his daughter in an assistant role, but love that Stephen Pearl is an assistant coach on our basketball team.  
Personally, I support both hires.  Having someone you trust, having unity, and who promotes the type of culture you’re trying to develop are very important.   Also, S. Pearl is a great coach.   And I’m sure CHF’s daughter will be doing a great job as well.   

it has also been rumored steven pearl will replace his pops when bruce retires. i have heard it mentioned but i have no idea if it is true or not.

On 12/10/2022 at 6:43 AM, GreenTiger said:

The penis measuring stick is getting a lot of work in this thread 🤣 

dad gummit my kid just read that and asked me what a penis is! and i dunna want to hear any crap about him being thirty years old either or it is own.................

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:15 AM, Gowebb11 said:

There are only 2 kinds of college coaches: those who have been fired and those who haven’t been fired yet.  

come on man........I have never been fired as a college coach and i will bet house money i never will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

And we were in agreement on that. But this Eeyoring about Freeze and the staff is tiresome. 

Yeah, at least let the man lose a few games first ;)

22 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

So which is it?  Intellectually impaired or, god of college football?  It is a binary choice.

You made it so easy!

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2022 at 7:24 PM, bigbird said:

That's just stupid

It’s definitely not a “chump” staff. Especially the OC. But it is a virtually unknown staff in the sec. “Splashless” and more journeyman-oriented. Which obviously may play out well and they  may have tremendous synergy and impact. The perfect “built for the long haul” staff. But, it definitely aint’t the who’s who dream team some felt chf needed. At this point all anyone can say is “we’ll see”.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s definitely not a “chump” staff. Especially the OC. But it is a virtually unknown staff in the sec. “Splashless” and more journeyman-oriented. Which obviously may play out well and they  may have tremendous synergy and impact. The perfect “built for the long haul” staff. But, it definitely aint’t the who’s who dream team some felt chf needed. At this point all anyone can say is “we’ll see”.

When Gene Stallings took over at bammer, he loaded up the staff with a bunch of old white-haired "Bear's Boys". Lots of us, me included, laughed at that.            They averaged 10 wins a year over the next ten years. This is about the same deal. Will the results be the same? We'll see.

• Like 3

I am glad Auburn didn’t get Billy Napier as our coach. Oregon State is putting a whipping on them. He looks worried, scared and no confidence on the sidelines. The body language of the Florida players is telling.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I am glad Auburn didn’t get Billy Napier as our coach. Oregon State is putting a whipping on them. He looks worried, scared and no confidence on the sidelines. The body language of the Florida players is telling.

My confidence on him is definitely lower, but the jury's still out. I know Florida isn't a tough place to recruit but Mullen was not doing a good job with it and Napier is IIRC. I would guess they'll be improved next year, but I could end up being completely wrong on him.

I know that no matter what, the talking heads will never accuse FL of going through coaches too quickly the way they do us. 🙄

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Well, I am not a Florida fan but it is a 6-6 non ranked Florida team that doesn’t have a lot of their best players (especially the QB) against 9-3 (#15) OrSt. Not a good match up.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2022 at 2:17 PM, Mikey said:

When Gene Stallings took over at bammer, he loaded up the staff with a bunch of old white-haired "Bear's Boys". Lots of us, me included, laughed at that.            They averaged 10 wins a year over the next ten years. This is about the same deal. Will the results be the same? We'll see.

Of all the Bama coaches Stallings was a class act, I can't stand anything with UAT or theif fans for the most part but Gene Stallings was a good coach and a good human being. Hopefully our outcome will be the same...:)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 12/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, auburnatl1 said:

With our heavy need to bring in talent, this staff definitely places the bulk of recruiting on Hugh Freeze himself, so we'll certainly see just how good he is. How much it effects on the field will just have to be seen. Both of our coordinators can be looked at either as diamonds in the rough or average to mediocre, depending on how you look at it. There's no wow factor, but hopefully Freeze is good enough that we won't need it.