What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

On 12/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Your post is factually correct. It should also be noted that Mike Zimmer and Tim Brewster who are both reported going to be with Deion at Colorado, have both been fired in their past. Zimmer from the Vikings and Brewster from Minnesta Gophers. Coaches are hired to be fired.. Saban the exception 

Saban was fired too or at least was going to

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I proved your claim incorrect and didn’t have to journey outside the SEC to find them.

robin-batman.gif

You sure did. Because I thought that literally every college coach in history has been fired. I wasn’t just making a generalized statement to make a point that plenty of great coaches and coordinators have been fired. You’re so smart. 

Edited by Gowebb11

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

From Dolphins?

Yes. He left but the reason he left was because it wasn't going good for him. I actually wish he would have had super success there. Had he been doing a great job there he wouldn't have left for bammer

• Like 3

On 12/4/2022 at 9:36 PM, AURex said:

1. He has hit the road on awesome fashion to rub-nub and howdy-there with bunches of Alabama high school coaches. This is AWESOMENESS way beyond Harsin and I am really impressed.

2. He is hiring his buds from Liberty and Ole Miss. I guess we'd expect that with a new coach, but personally I'd like to see some nationally great hires -- i.e. from NFL or great teams. This not only for expertise, but also from recruiting vantage. For example, Saban hires O'Brien

Am I the only one who is concerned about another Malzahn-like good buddy staff ..... and worse .... Harsin-like good buddy staff.

I'm hoping for some A+ surprise hires at the assistant/coordinator level.

Not really worried at this point. It’s always easier to hire folks after you are seen as someone that will stay around especially at AU lately. I think he studies these guys philosophy and decides if it will work in his program. I think it’s not so much in your first hires as your subsequent hires that really tell the truth about a coach. He will make sone mistakes on these first hire what we want to see is what he does then . 🤔

15 minutes ago, woodford said:

What are y’all going to argue about when we beat Georgia next year?

happiness-laughing.gif

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes. He left but the reason he left was because it wasn't going good for him. I actually wish he would have had super success there. Had he been doing a great job there he wouldn't have left for bammer

True

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

What are y’all going to argue about when we beat Georgia next year?

Pump the brakes

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Your post is factually correct. It should also be noted that Mike Zimmer and Tim Brewster who are both reported going to be with Deion at Colorado, have both been fired in their past. Zimmer from the Vikings and Brewster from Minnesta Gophers. Coaches are hired to be fired.. Saban the exception 

Wasn’t speaking about distant prior positions. Both of Freeze’s new coordinators were fired within the last 3 weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wasn’t speaking about distant prior positions. Both of Freeze’s new coordinators were fired within the last 3 weeks.

So?

Lane Kiffin was fired on the tarmac midseason at USC in 2013, then was named Alabama's offensive coordinator prior to the 2014 season.  Will Muschamp was fired by South Carolina during the 2020 season.  Hired by Georgia as a defensive analyst prior to the 2021 season and elevated to special teams coordinator when Scott Cochran stepped down before the season started.  He was named co-DC for 2022.  Barry Odom was fired by Mizzou after the 2019 season and he was picked up immediately and hired as the DC at Arkansas for 2020.  I could do this for pages.  

This sort of thing happens frequently, is not some indicator of them being "chumps", and it's not any more notable at Auburn than it is anywhere else.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So?

Lane Kiffin was fired on the tarmac midseason at USC in 2013, then was named Alabama's offensive coordinator prior to the 2014 season.  Will Muschamp was fired by South Carolina during the 2020 season.  Hired by Georgia as a defensive analyst prior to the 2021 season and elevated to special teams coordinator when Scott Cochran stepped down before the season started.  He was named co-DC for 2022.  Barry Odom was fired by Mizzou after the 2019 season and he was picked up immediately and hired as the DC at Arkansas for 2020.  I could do this for pages.  

This sort of thing happens frequently, is not some indicator of them being "chumps", and it's not any more notable at Auburn than it is anywhere else.

Now that is not the rules of debating (Self-Made.) They had to be a month or less [ yellow font] from this date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now that is not the rules of debating (Self-Made.) They had to be a month or less [ yellow font] from this date.

Arbitrary criteria FTW!

• Like 1

I just want us to be good at something. I want our play to catch up to how we view ourselves. And I want us to be viewed in a positive light. I want us to be viewed as a go to place for recruits. 

If our coach can do that I'll be ecstatic

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Lane Kiffin was fired on the tarmac midseason at USC in 2013, then was named Alabama's offensive coordinator prior to the 2014 season.

Then was fired by Saban.

Will Muschamp was fired by South Carolina during the 2020 season.

After being fired by Florida.

Barry Odom was fired by Mizzou after the 2019 season and he was picked up immediately and hired as the DC at Arkansas for 2020.

And worked his way to the holy grail at UNLV, hiring the illustrious Bobby Petrino as his OC.

Point was both coordinators were fired less than 3 weeks ago. Other than Cadillac, it’s a chump staff.

Auburn should expect better.

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just want us to be good at something. I want our play to catch up to how we view ourselves. And I want us to be viewed in a positive light. I want us to be viewed as a go to place for recruits. 

If our coach can do that I'll be ecstatic

We could have a good to great September that will help a ton with recruiting. A hot start can do wonders. 

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Then was fired by Saban.

And worked his way to the holy grail at UNLV, hiring the illustrious Bobby Petrino as his OC.

Point was both coordinators were fired less than 3 weeks ago. Other than Cadillac, it’s a chump staff.

Too early to make that determination IMO

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

Then was fired by Saban.

And?  It was because he took the Florida Atlantic job and wanted to spend some of his time recruiting and getting a staff together while Alabama was preparing for a national title game.  Saban wanted him focused on the natty.  They couldn't agree so he let him go.

And?  If anything this reinforces my point.  A twice fired head coach was hired by the best program in the league and is now their co-DC for the best defense in the country.

And worked his way to the holy grail at UNLV, hiring the illustrious Bobby Petrino as his OC

If there's a point in this somewhere, please make it.  He was a very good DC and we were considering him but he was angling for another HC shot somewhere.  But people in the business respect Odom as a DC at the very least.

It's a stupid, meaningless "point."  Being fired doesn't make someone a "chump" coach.  Circumstances matter.  You offer none beyond some weird arbitrary calendar date and think it's some sort of brilliant insight.

Especially of its fans and message board denizens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And?  It was because he took the Florida Atlantic job and wanted to spend some of his time recruiting and getting a staff together while Alabama was preparing for a national title game.  Saban wanted him focused on the natty.  They couldn't agree so he let him go.

He’s the only assistant Saban has fired without committing NCAA violations.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And?  If anything this reinforces my point.  A twice fired head coach was hired by the best program in the league and is now their co-DC for the best defense in the country.

Muschamp is extremely well-traveled. Been a HC twice. Been a sole DC at multiple stops for 22 years. He should be higher in the pecking order than an off-field analyst-turned-co-DC. But he isn’t. There’s a very good reason why he’s failed twice as a HC. He sucks at management. There was nothing wrong with Georgia’s defense prior to being hired as an off-field analyst.

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If there's a point in this somewhere, please make it.  He was a very good DC and we were considering him but he was angling for another HC shot somewhere.  But people in the business respect Odom as a DC at the very least.

HCs at UNLV go places for sure. 

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's a stupid, meaningless "point."  Being fired doesn't make someone a "chump" coach.  Circumstances matter.  You offer none beyond some weird arbitrary calendar date and think it's some sort of brilliant insight.

It isn’t “meaningless.” They were fired for poor performance.

It isn’t just chump coordinators. Minus Freeze and Cadillac, it’s a total chump staff no one in the SEC has heard of.

And no, not because of the last 4 games of the season, I was well on board the Cadillac train when Gus hired him. Ask McDoofus, who argued that Mr. Potato Head had more clout than Cadillac.

Name the last SEC HC who hired two sole coordinators for the same season who were both fired at their previous stop. I’ll hang up and listen.

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Especially of its fans and message board denizens.

Of which you partake. 

Create an asylum, run the asylum, converse with, then complain about the inmates. Perfect sense.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Too early to make that determination IMO

Wasn’t too early to make a determination on Mr. Potato Head. There were a couple of folks who disagreed with that take too.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

He’s the only assistant Saban has fired without committing NCAA violations.

Muschamp is extremely well-traveled. Been a HC twice. Been a sole DC at multiple stops for 22 years. He should be higher in the pecking order than an off-field analyst-turned-co-DC. But he isn’t. There’s a very good reason why he’s failed twice as a HC. He sucks at management. There was nothing wrong with Georgia’s defense prior to being hired as an off-field analyst.

HCs at UNLV go places for sure. 

It isn’t “meaningless.” They were fired for poor performance.

It isn’t just chump coordinators. Minus Freeze and Cadillac, it’s a total chump staff no one in the SEC has heard of.

And no, not because of the last 4 games of the season, I was well on board the Cadillac train when Gus hired him. Ask McDoofus, who argued that Mr. Potato Head had more clout than Cadillac.

Name the last SEC HC who hired two sole coordinators for the same season who were both fired at their previous stop. I’ll hang up and listen.

Of which you partake. 

Create an asylum, run the asylum, converse with, then complain about the inmates. Perfect sense.

It’s complete meaningless. Good coaches get fired sometimes. Sometimes for odd one-off reasons, sometimes because they’re very good as a coordinator but not as a head coach. 

This comes off as bitching just to bitch about something, Eeyore. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It’s complete meaningless. Good coaches get fired sometimes. Sometimes for odd one-off reasons, sometimes because they’re very good as a coordinator but not as a head coach. 

This comes off as bitching just to bitch about something, Eeyore. 

Eeyore led the charge on this forum to rid Mr. Potato Head. 

Put that in your bitch and smoke it.

• Dislike 1

@TitanTigeris there any way to put users in a cool down period? I think some need to be put in timeout. They are only adding frustration to some of these threads (maybe multiple) and just overall bringing down the board. The endless arguing, rehashing, fact stretching is taking away from most people here to share, talk (like adults), discuss, ask questions, give answers. Its getting really old for the rest of us that a few is ruining and shows a lack of maturity. FROM BOTH SIDES

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1