What have we see so far from Freeze?

AURex

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Why would Prime only want 4.0 students?

You will have to ask him because he expressed interest in the Georgia Tech job and Georgia Tech said no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You really need that explained?

Yes, I would absolutely love for you to explain to us all how him hiring his daughter as his admin asst has anything to do with his history. We are all waiting for this doozy I’m sure. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Yes, I would absolutely love for you to explain to us all how him hiring his daughter as his admin asst has anything to do with his history. We are all waiting for this doozy I’m sure. 

With his history, you might want to have some real oversight, not someone who would be so likely to cover for him.

You can pretend that he did not cheat.  You can contend that it might not be cheating now.  You can say he is reformed.  Still, he does have a history.

• Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You will have to ask him because he expressed interest in the Georgia Tech job and Georgia Tech said no.

Link?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Link?

Former Georgia Tech Player still close to the program. From his mouth to my ears. No, I didn’t record him. Lol

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Former Georgia Tech Player still close to the program. From his mouth to my ears. No, I didn’t record him. Lol

I recall golf on this forum reporting that he heard former AU players say Prime was very much a candidate for the AU job.

Obviously, that was just hearsay too.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I recall golf on this forum reporting that he heard former AU players say Prime was very much a candidate for the AU job.

Obviously, that was just hearsay too.

I haven’t heard anything about that one, if I did, I would tell. Just me speaking, I would believe golf before these pay sites. 

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I haven’t heard anything about that one, if I did, I would tell. Just me speaking, I would believe golf before these pay sites. 

Point was don’t believe what former players say about a coaching search.

Look at Charles freaking Barkley…assured us there was a major SEC coaching change coming.

charlie-murphy-wrong.gif

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Point was don’t believe what former players say about a coaching search.

Look at Charles freaking Barkley…assured us there was a major SEC coaching change coming.

charlie-murphy-wrong.gif

Couple things:

1. Big difference in “someone expressing interest in a job” compared to “there’s a major coaching change coming”

2. There’s also a big difference in intellect between the former player I’m talking about and Charles Barkley. Big difference!

What is it going to take for you to get into the Acceptance Stage that Prime isn’t here, was never going to be here, Georgia Tech didn’t want him, other coaching vacancies didn’t want him, so he ended up in Colorado where they can’t afford to pay him yet and they have no NIL money. It’s done, it has happened, it’s over!

Maybe think about things that will make you feel better about the situation.
Examples: think about how he’s excepted the Colorado job for about a week now and not one five star has left Alabama or Georgia and ran to Colorado. Not one five star has left the portal and run to play for Prime. No famous, proven offensive or defensive coordinators are knocking down Primes door to coach for him.  Again, maybe this will help you feel better about the situation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Couple things:

1. Big difference in “someone expressing interest in a job” compared to “there’s a major coaching change coming”

2. There’s also a big difference in intellect between the former player I’m talking about and Charles Barkley. Big difference!

What is it going to take for you to get into the Acceptance Stage that Prime isn’t here, was never going to be here, Georgia Tech didn’t want him, other coaching vacancies didn’t want him, so he ended up in Colorado where they can’t afford to pay him yet and they have no NIL money. It’s done, it has happened, it’s over!

Maybe think about things that will make you feel better about the situation.
Examples: think about how he’s excepted the Colorado job for about a week now and not one five star has left Alabama or Georgia and ran to Colorado. Not one five star has left the portal and run to play for Prime. No famous, proven offensive or defensive coordinators are knocking down Primes door to coach for him.  Again, maybe this will help you feel better about the situation.

Sorry, I do not buy your former player’s claim nor do I buy any other player’s claims on coaching searches. When the AD himself grabs your ear, then I’ll EF Hutton listen.

The rumored DC that Freeze wanted, left dink’s side and ran to coach with Prime. Not bad for a few days on the job. Prime has his DC. Where’s Freeze’s DC?

Where’s the rumored OC that Freeze wanted? Oh that’s right…left a 2023 Heisman candidate in Chapel Hill and took off to cold ass Madison, Wisconsin to coach with Fickell.

High profile portal players committing to a new HC? Who among Prime, Freeze and Rhule have those yet?

Lastly, who else besides AU wanted Freeze after Kiffin said “I’m good”? Freeze could have been plucked anytime, by anyone while at Liberty. Nope…sat there in Lynchburg, VA for 4 years, waiting, hoping someone, anyone, would dig down in their scrap barrel, scoop him up and clench their ass cheeks he won’t screw up again.

Interesting that Prime went straight from HBCU to P5. Nope, didn’t have to make a stop at Arkansas St like the last 3 AU HCs. Straight to the P5, where he’ll use that as a spring board into the SEC, likely the West, adding another recruiting machine who AU will likely have to recruit against. Can’t wait.

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sorry, I do not buy your former player’s claim nor do I buy any other player’s claims on coaching searches. When the AD himself grabs your ear, then I’ll EF Hutton listen.

The rumored DC that Freeze wanted, left dink’s side and ran to coach with Prime. Not bad for a few days on the job. Prime has his DC. Where’s Freeze’s DC?

Where’s the rumored OC that Freeze wanted? Oh that’s right…left a 2023 Heisman candidate in Chapel Hill and took off to cold ass Madison, Wisconsin to coach with Fickell.

High profile portal players committing to a new HC? Who among Prime, Freeze and Rhule have those yet?

Lastly, who else besides AU wanted Freeze after Kiffin said “I’m good”? Freeze could have been plucked anytime, by anyone while at Liberty. Nope…sat there in Lynchburg, VA for 4 years, waiting, hoping someone, anyone, would dig down in their scrap barrel, scoop him up and clench their ass cheeks he won’t screw up again.

Interesting that Prime went straight from HBCU to P5. Nope, didn’t have to make a stop at Arkansas St like the last 3 AU HCs. Straight to the P5, where he’ll use that as a spring board into the SEC, likely the West, adding another recruiting machine who AU will likely have to recruit against. Can’t wait.

Good points. I’m willing to give him the benefit of doubt, but having no coordinators in place still and not one portal player has committed to us, while plenty of others are committing. I know he had a lot of catching up to do, but how long before we see any fruits of this hard line recruiting. We have lost a few of our 23 recruits also. I just hope to see some big improvements and some signees in the next couple of weeks. 

I know that we AU fans really stink at this, but we need to be patient here.   There was zero ground work done the last 2 years by our previous “coach”, so CHF has A LOT of catching up to do!!!   He’s already done more work in the last 2 weeks than we saw in the last 2 years!  We’ll get some talent this year, especially from the portal.   Next year should be much better with HS recruiting, while still needing to supplement from the portal.  By year 3, I think we’ll be back to having a talented and deep roster.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Good points. I’m willing to give him the benefit of doubt, but having no coordinators in place still and not one portal player has committed to us, while plenty of others are committing. I know he had a lot of catching up to do, but how long before we see any fruits of this hard line recruiting. We have lost a few of our 23 recruits also. I just hope to see some big improvements and some signees in the next couple of weeks. 

My point to AU-24 wasn’t to say Freeze sucks. In fact, I think very slowly, Freeze & Cadillac will undo what Harsin did and turn AU around. Might even come close to 10 wins in 2024, altho road trips in Athens & Tuscaloser always softens optimism.

My point was to say if you’re going to dog Prime’s results thus far in Boulder, in what is less than one freaking week’s time, take a gander around Freeze and drop your glass house stones.

There is no one that is going to work multi-recruiting miracles in 17 days when your competition has had year(s) of extra time.

BUT, if we’re keeping score thus far…

Prime: Charles Kelly

Freeze: zero

Edited by Viper

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

My point to AU-24 wasn’t to say Freeze sucks. In fact, I think very slowly, Freeze & Cadillac will undo what Harsin did and turn AU around. Might even come close to 10 wins in 2024, altho road trips in Athens & Tuscaloser always softens optimism.

My point was to say if you’re going to dog Prime’s results thus far in Boulder, in what is less than one freaking week’s time, take a gander around Freeze and drop your glass house stones.

There is no one that is going to work multi-recruiting miracles in 17 days when your competition has had year(s) of extra time.

I understood your point. I fully believe DS will pull in big time recruits in a short time. I also still think Freeze has to win some of these recruiting battles, as they will not get easier. I know they are pushing the new facility, which as nice as it is, it does not translate to NIL, which is what college ball has now become, a minor league NFL draft where you can leave after one year all the while getting paid. Deion may go out to CO and turn a 1/11 team into a 8/4, 7/5 team in one year. I strongly disagree with how he handled his press conference though. As talented as his son may be, playing an HBCU schedule, versus a PAC-10 schedule is no where in the same ballpark. I expect, hope HF can get some actual HS kids in here, but for him to improve any from this 2022 year, he will have to be very successful in the portal. 

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I understood your point. I fully believe DS will pull in big time recruits in a short time. I also still think Freeze has to win some of these recruiting battles, as they will not get easier. I know they are pushing the new facility, which as nice as it is, it does not translate to NIL, which is what college ball has now become, a minor league NFL draft where you can leave after one year all the while getting paid. Deion may go out to CO and turn a 1/11 team into a 8/4, 7/5 team in one year. I strongly disagree with how he handled his press conference though. As talented as his son may be, playing an HBCU schedule, versus a PAC-10 schedule is no where in the same ballpark. I expect, hope HF can get some actual HS kids in here, but for him to improve any from this 2022 year, he will have to be very successful in the portal. 

Colorado will still come down to NIL, just like every other power 5 job will.

4 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Deion may go out to CO and turn a 1/11 team into a 8/4, 7/5 team in one year. I strongly disagree with how he handled his press conference though. As talented as his son may be, playing an HBCU schedule, versus a PAC-10 schedule is no where in the same ballpark. I expect, hope HF can get some actual HS kids in here, but for him to improve any from this 2022 year, he will have to be very successful in the portal. 

Prime has a leg up having already named his OC & DC (with Freeze still looking for both). IMO, 5 wins in 2023 at Colorado would be extraordinary. 6 wins and everyone looking for a HC a year from now will be calling him.

4 hours ago, Viper said:

You’re only going to believe, what you want to believe and you’re the type that just can’t stand it or admit it when you’re wrong. You choose not to believe a former Georgia Tech player still close to the program? So why is it prime isn’t at Georgia Tech? He went to Colorado where they admit they don’t even have the money to pay him, because it was one of the worst power five jobs in the country. His only power five offer, a 1–11 team, with no NIL money that admit they can’t afford to pay their HC.

As was said in the opening presser, Freeze was the number one candidate and that’s who he got! They were vetting freeze while the press was claiming we were going after Kiffin. He interviewed, I believe it was 17 people, Deion was not one of them because we didn’t want him and Freeze, again his number one candidate, got the job.

Do you actually think Freeze doesn’t know who he wants or can’t get an OC or DC? Auburn university can’t get an OC or a DC? I mean if you seriously, actually believe that, there’s no point in continuing this discussion.

It is to the point where you are not even an Auburn fan so why are you on our board? Find a Colorado board to comment on.

We have a proven, experienced, SEC Athletic Director.  We have an SEC proven, experienced  winning head coach. We have one of the nicest football only facilities in the country. We have some of the best NIL money in the country. We are in great shape but you are so butt hurt that we didn’t hire an inexperienced, Braggadocious, self-centered, SEC inexperienced Mr. primetime, that you just can’t stand it.

With Freeze and his team of recruiters, with Auburn footballs reputation, with our facilities, and NIL money etc. trust me the portal transfers and the recruits will come! As your Deion would say and mispronounce: Freeze, he comin! He comin!

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Colorado will still come down to NIL, just like every other power 5 job will.

True, but what I’ve read, is they are scrambling to even afford the great Deion’s contract. Luckily, that’s a problem AU doesn’t have right now and we are still paying for two coaches that we got rid of. AU has very deep pockets, but then again they need them, in order to buy out coaches after a few years. Hope HF turns out to be different. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Prime has a leg up having already named his OC & DC (with Freeze still looking for both). IMO, 5 wins in 2023 at Colorado would be extraordinary. 6 wins and everyone looking for a HC a year from now will be calling him.

You’re probably right with that thought.