2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Now it is your turn… Questions for me?

Is this just for @bigbirdor can anyone play?

Because I have a lot of questions for you. 

• Haha 2

It’s pretty bad that current players are tweeting a quarterback to come in. This is the second auburn player to tweet this quarterback the last 2 days. 

14 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Of course, more insults, shy on facts. I feel bad for you, but I guess that’s why you are, where you are in life. If you worked for me, (of course, I would never hire you) if say, one of my partners hired you, here would be some of your feedback.

Point 1. You seem to have a problem when you’re wrong and you have trouble admitting when you’re mistaken and feel you always have to be right.

Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

Point 3. So when point 2 happens, you really need to work on Point 1.

Now back to point 2. At your age, I doubt you’re going to inherit any more wisdom or intelligence than you already have. So for your own sake and for the sake of others working around and with you, I would recommend you work on Point 1.

Move on.

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh come on! Lay off these guys.

image.gif.77a7ba49c09f34b7ab64c4caf0f33b5a.gif

You are right, my friend. My questions wouldn't be productive anyway. Just things like "what's your deal?" and "why are you like this?"

Let the kids get the wiggles out. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Of course, more insults, shy on facts. I feel bad for you, but I guess that’s why you are, where you are in life. If you worked for me, (of course, I would never hire you) if say, one of my partners hired you, here would be some of your feedback.

Point 1. You seem to have a problem when you’re wrong and you have trouble admitting when you’re mistaken and feel you always have to be right.

Point 2. Please understand you’re not very intelligent, so you’re certainly going to be wrong sometimes.

Point 3. So when point 2 happens, you really need to work on Point 1.

Now back to point 2. At your age, I doubt you’re going to inherit any more wisdom or intelligence than you already have. So for your own sake and for the sake of others working around and with you, I would recommend you work on Point 1.

Ah yes the omnipotent keyboard warrior big tough guy 🤡😂

• Like 1

Also why are we seeking Tyler he seems kinda terrible right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lotto said:

Because then we could add to the Captain Planet/Auburn power ranger aggregated quarterback of Ashfinleriner, to then be upgraded to Ashfinlerinerner (Ashford/Finely/Geriner/Buchner). He’d have the running ability of Ashford, the throwing power of Finley, the accuracy of Geriner, and the inexperience of Buchner. I see no downside whatsoever. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lotto said:

Not kinda he is terrible. His “best game” was against South Carolina and even in that game he threw 3 INT’s and 2 were pick 6’s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lotto said:

@Lotto Because our QB room right now is terrible. Staff is trying to get him to visit because they think he is an upgrade, even if it's a small one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to express a point again. We should probably not make a habit of turning our noses up at players that Bama wants too. Saban has a stable of very talented yet inexperienced QB's on his roster. Buchner is also inexperienced. It is a good sign that Bama see's value in this guy, enough to take him. 

Guys, the QBs that Danny Hugh is looking at in the portal are simply depth pieces for when TJ leaves. That's why Chance Nolan didn't come to AU. I believe Danny Hugh thinks he can develop RA. There has only been a couple QBS in the portal who would be guaranteed to come in here and start. I doubt this Buchner cat can beat out RA

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I believe Danny Hugh thinks he can develop RA.

If that were the case we wouldn't have and be looking for a QB1 in the portal. If we don't get a QB in the portal Freeze will definitely manage with Robby the best he can but he is also not delusional about how bad Robby and the rest of our QBs are. If Robby is our QB1 next season we will be a heavy run O with fewer passes to limit Robby's mistakes due to inaccuracy & misreads.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Lotto Because our QB room right now is terrible. Staff is trying to get him to visit because they think he is an upgrade, even if it's a small one.

Agree that we have the worst QB room in the SEC. 
…but nobody has to worry about this quarterback visiting anymore. He is not going to visit, despite our efforts. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If that were the case we wouldn't have and be looking for a QB1 in the portal. If we don't get a QB in the portal Freeze will definitely manage with Robby the best he can but he is also not delusional about how bad Robby and the rest of our QBs are. If Robby is our QB1 next season we will be a heavy run O with fewer passes to limit Robby's mistakes due to inaccuracy & misreads.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

U think Anthony Richardson is that much better than RA?

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think Anthony Richardson is that much better than RA?

Yup. Will be a 1st round, likely top 10, pick. Robby will not sniff at getting drafted when college is over, at least not as a QB.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Will be a 1st round, likely top 10, pick. Robby will not sniff at getting drafted when college is over, at least not as a QB.

Maybe so, maybe not. Look at Richardsons stats last yr. His TD to INT ratio was better than RA. Everything else was similar especially considering RA split time w TJ. By no means am I saying RA is a pro QB. But he has a similar skill set as Richardson. Richardson is getting drafted on POTENTIAL. Not his accomplishments.  RA has had terrible coaching to this point. IMO not wise to totally discount him yet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I know several of you did not want This guy so this should ease your minds.

Huge gamble by Saban here. Could lose the locker room over this. Don't think this cats upside was worth the gamble

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Huge gamble by Saban here. Could lose the locker room over this. Don't think this cats upside was worth the gamble

It also tells you how bad their QB room is… with 4 4* and 5* QBs already on campus.

It is kind of ironic and sad that the only quarterback with any experience in the late signing portal comes from Notre Dame. So crazy that they end up with a portal quarterback (good or not) and chances don’t look great for AU to get one at the moment. 

We need a Hail Mary miracle at this point. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It also tells you how bad their QB room is… with 4 4* and 5* QBs already on campus.

It is kind of ironic and sad that the only quarterback with any experience in the late signing portal comes from Notre Dame. So crazy that they end up with a portal quarterback (good or not) and chances don’t look great for AU to get one at the moment. 

We need a Hail Mary miracle at this point. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Or so somebody once said.

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

50% discount on a golf lesson which means you only pay $150 bucks for a 2 hour session....great deal trust me 

DON'T do it.  The first hour and a half is "conditioning".  You run suicides while Golf drinks PBRs and yells,,, "pickup the pace numnuts".