A Staggering and Sobering Thought

ellitor

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Of the 20 high school, Juco, and transfers, committed to us in this class at least 12 of them likely would not be in this class under the previous staff. And we still have some time to go in this class but that’s at least 60% of the class this new staff is responsible for landing. #Wow

Absolutely astounding what they’ve done in a short amount of time. Credit to them circling back to guys who the previous staff either wouldn’t okay or couldn’t close on… 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Amazing what relationships and effort can do for HS recruiting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Freeze is a relentless recruiter.  The opposition he faced upon arriving could have quickly turned the situation toxic, but to his credit he just went out and did his thing. A few weeks later, he has won most Auburn folks over.  Actually quite amazing. It's fun to be on the recruiting board again. I don't think I visited it once in the six months before Freeze was hired.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Freeze is a relentless recruiter.  The opposition he faced upon arriving could have quickly turned the situation toxic, but to his credit he just went out and did his thing. A few weeks later, he has won most Auburn folks over.  Actually quite amazing. It's fun to be on the recruiting board again. I don't think I visited it once in the six months before Freeze was hired.

It was like driving by the cemetery 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I definitely haven't visited since the last flop of a class Harsin brought... (definitely wasn't Harsin) in....

Good to be back.

You're always going to lose some commits with a coaching change, The amazing thing is new staff recovered quickly, processed a few commits, and flipped some big time recruits. WDE CHF!!

Before we hired Freeze 23 days ago we were over #50.  So in less than 3 weeks we moved up to #16 in 23 days!  That is incredible work by this staff.  Oh and the staff isn't complete...We also haven't finished yet...We can take around 40 or so people.  That means depth is lacking where we know.  Crazy stuff...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Before we hired Freeze 23 days ago we were over #50.  So in less than 3 weeks we moved up to #16 in 23 days!  That is incredible work by this staff.  Oh and the staff isn't complete...We also haven't finished yet...We can take around 40 or so people.  That means depth is lacking where we know.  Crazy stuff...

It's amazing!! Like you stated, just 3 weeks ago we were anywhere from #52 to #58 depending on which recruiting service you chose. I was listening to Clemente earlier today and he said that back in the spring after Auburn investigated Harsin and decided to keep him, this class was in the low #90's. 😳 

Not only did the Auburn program, coaching staff, etc. need this great Signing Day but we, the Auburn fanbase, needed a great day like we had today. 

Hopefully today went a long way towards healing some wounds in our fanbase. WDE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I haven't been here since maybe halfway through Gus' tenure. Flips always went the other way. We landed some studs, Tank an great example, but man, we lost so many it was turning into masochism.

On 12/22/2022 at 3:15 AM, TeamZero77 said:

It's amazing!! Like you stated, just 3 weeks ago we were anywhere from #52 to #58 depending on which recruiting service you chose. I was listening to Clemente earlier today and he said that back in the spring after Auburn investigated Harsin and decided to keep him, this class was in the low #90's. 😳 

Not only did the Auburn program, coaching staff, etc. need this great Signing Day but we, the Auburn fanbase, needed a great day like we had today. 

Hopefully today went a long way towards healing some wounds in our fanbase. WDE

I heard a dude on 24/7 say that they had us in the 60's when we hired Freeze and were 19 post Wednesday.  No matter how you slice it, that is some great work in just 23 days with all else that was going on, i.e. meetings, recruiting people to stay instead of jumping into the portal unless you just didn't fit his system.  Then going on the road to all of those recruits and parents, getting them down to AU.  Not to mention, he has a family and it is the holidays and they have to move.  He is still recruiting the portal peeps and trying to get them in here for a visit but also having to look at their tape.  That is a tremendous amount of work.  Not to mention when he compliments a group of women that someone else complimented in helping the recruiting, he gets blasted for it by some degenerates.  I have nothing but admiration for the dude on how he is taking it all in stride.  Now he just needs to wrap it up and get us going into next year.  Put on your shades as our future is brighter.

We definitely held on to Coach Arson too long.  Getting rid of him and promoting Caddy to interim for the last few games was a stroke of genius by our new administration.  It gave the team some much needed momentum heading into the early signing period.  I also think Coach Freeze hired the right mix of coaches with Auburn backgrounds and those from the outside.  Time will tell how well they mesh.  I predict they will do very well together.