2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hey guise, 

I see two of our new signees listed as something called "offensive tackle."  What is that?  Do we need those?

kthxbye

I think it is a new position that CHF is working on for next season…not sure?!

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Really?  I'd read he was waiting til February to do it at the signing ceremony with his HS teammates.

Its what they just said on their recruiting show, with a graphics “Cobb signs with Auburn” 🤷🏼‍♀️

Definitely wasn’t just “committed”, they said signed.  AU Football hasn’t tweeted anything yet about him but even if he did officially sign they may wait until his ceremony??

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Our beloved college football is no less than a pro sport with egos and slimy practices. Sign of the times I guess (and I’m getting old…)

Always has been. Just more out in the public than it had been.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its nice to remember how fun signing day can be.  

Also just remember, this is just the BEGINNING.  We still have more players who will go in the portal and another signing day in February.  But they are off to a great start!!  

Doubt we are going to see another February signing day full of whiffs then Freeze jetting off to Mexico.  

Amen. Auburn is relevant in recruiting for the first time in what seems like forever. Lost some we were hoping for today, but we were serious contenders for top level guys after basically having no HC for a year and a half. Flipped players from FSU and Ohio St which hasnt happened in a while. Nothing is more important today than talent acquisition and weve finally got a guy who understands this and is willing to put in the work to make it happen.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Always has been. Just more out in the public than it had been.

Yeah, this has been happening way before cell phones. No one is good or bad in these situations. You'll drive yourself crazy and cynical if you think these are all just bribes and shady figures. It's a kid picking a place to play college football. Who cares. This is just leisure and entertainment for us.

17 minutes ago, CR said:

Remember the anti Freezers here telling us that he wouldnt be able to recruit?

Just specifically talking about within the conference. Kirby might have been the only one with any merit. If what was said about Saban wanting him is true that would make him a hypocrite. The others in the conference haven’t won anything so what they have to say shouldn’t matter.

38 minutes ago, DAG said:

Worth repeating : this is just the beginning .

100 Facts! I know neither you nor myself are surprised. I new Hugh would kill it here. This is in 3 weeks people. 3 weeks. Next year will be an AUsome class! 

WDE!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The T Bell effect 

To briefly derail the  thread. That was some funny ***t. All the bluster about how dirty Fairly was and Bell, the smallest dude on the field, turned McElroy into a lawn dart.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Actually no.

There was a lot of stuff being thrown around about how his personal stuff would make him an ineffective recruiter. 

• Like 2