2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

BANG

One of my biggest wants in this cycle

Me too. One of the biggest disappointments this cycle was when the last staff failed to obtain a commitment from him. Glad Brother Hugh came to the rescue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Already wayyyy positive IMO.

It might be me huffing copium at the moment but Marshall wasn't a player I was high on (really only able to play NB) and Jatta stinks but I think we are fine with some other guys coming in there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Don't forget some guys aren't signing today like 4* RB Jeremiah Cobb. I believe he sticks with Auburn. Some schools are just waiting to do their signing day.

Kids are on break??  So I could see that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Already wayyyy positive IMO.

Yep this is just the start. The fact that we were in the position to flip several made us ahead of the curve 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Thompson is a feeder program to bammer. Saban and the REC built new facilities for them when Tua came through. It’s just a bammer JV program now. 

The Thompson situation smells a lot like the Prattville/Bill Clark days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeek said:

It might be me huffing copium at the moment but Marshall wasn't a player I was high on (really only able to play NB) and Jatta stinks but I think we are fine with some other guys coming in there.

Jatta would have been a great pickup for us, but this class has gone from kneecapping the program under Harsin to having a promising future with a mix of some good, young talent and transfers that will immediately contribute.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TXaubie said:

Kids are on break??  So I could see that. 

I'm currently at school working lol. We get out today but yes most are on break.

• Like 1

Just now, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Jatta would have been a great pickup for us, but this class has gone from kneecapping the program under Harsin to having a promising future with a mix of some good, young talent and transfers that will immediately contribute.

Amen to that!

Edited by au701948

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep this is just the start. The fact that we were in the position to flip several made us ahead of the curve 

Hard pressed to think of a time when we flipped this many!!  Not getting as many flips today, not a bother at all. Except I get spoiled, and want them all!!  Lol.

TBH, after the last 5-6 days have gone it almost felt like we would get them all. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m hoping Marshall isn’t coming because we needed room for Kayin Lee. Stacked DB group so far with Love, Sylvester, Hood, and Hart. 

Lee chimed in and said playing time likely the factor.  But Marshall was a shock to all of them. 

Well Russaw and Smith announce at 1 but I feel 99% confident it won't be to Auburn. We should pretty much be done for today minus some guys already committed to us sending in their LOI and maybe some guys who weren't clear on when they'd announce.

Just now, Zeek said:

Well Russaw and Smith announce at 1 but I feel 99% confident it won't be to Auburn. We should pretty much be done for today minus some guys already committed to us sending in their LOI and maybe some guys who weren't clear on when they'd announce.

No idea about Lee?

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm currently at school working lol. We get out today but yes most are on break.

And the ones in school prolly testing?

Mine have been out all week. Was curious if that was just locally. 

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Zeek are there any times announced for date/times our remaining HS commits and Transfer commits plan to sign their LOI’s?

Check that out here: https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Auburn-Tigers-football-recruiting-signing-day-live-updates-200766188/#200766188_7

TBD: CB Kayin Lee, Ellenwood (Ga.) — Auburn looks to flip the Ohio State commit. Lee has not announced a time. He could wait to announce his decision, but it's still to be determined.

TBD: CB Tyler Scott, Mableton (Ga.) — Auburn, Alabama, Texas and USC are the finalists for Scott. He will sign Wednesday and wait to announce his choice until Jan. 7 during the All-American Game.

TBD: S CJ Johnson, Katy (Tx.) — Auburn, Mizzou and Texas are in it here. He will sign on Wednesday but wait to announce on Twitter until January (@CJ_Johnson_2023).

3 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

No idea about Lee?

He might sign today but announce later. Unknown when.

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

A note on Faulk, his little brother is 10th grader I believe. He’s gonna be better than big brother imo.

Legacies at Auburn are never guaranteed.