2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

6 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Been coaching wrestling all day. Can somebody fill me in on the day? 

Dieon pulled an OT we wanted

Everything else worked out as we thought it would. 

10 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

We did really well moved up to number 17 on 247 team rankings. All who said they were  committed signed except maybe Cobb but he is still in the fold plus we flipped two more Falk and Lee.   All and all a great day especially from when Freeze came in and we were in the 50's on team ranking. We filled most of our holes except LB. Strong O-line, D-Line, and DB class with 1 QB, 1 WR,  and 1 RB when Cobb signs.

Next stop is Portal. and then late NSD.

Hope you have some heavy weights on your team that also play football as wrestlers make great football players as they are great at changing levels and understand leverage     

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

It’s looking like you may have to go ahead and start planning around national signing day again!!

39 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree,  several come to mind

It makes me chuckle every. dang. time you say "Danny Hugh". I have no idea why. But thanks for the chuckles and your comments 

• Like 1

Excellent news about Faulk and Lee! Nice to have someone who puts actual effort into recruiting.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

It makes me chuckle every. dang. time you say "Danny Hugh". I have no idea why. But thanks for the chuckles and your comments 

That's his name bro... Danny Hugh Feeze.

• Like 1

Earlier today I had been listening to signing  day coverage on WJOX and during commercial switched to another sports station only to find some guy talking about off-season MLB baseball news.  I thought WTH is wrong with you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

He missed on Leary and McCall wasn't his fault. Anyone still painting Freeze in a bad light on that is just blindly hating him, I agree. He's done a good job with this class with the limited time he has had.

There's plenty of reasons to not like him where that doesn't have to be included.

What are the reasons “ not” to like him?

Now that ESD is over, can someone update our roster numbers?  With players leaving (eligibility expired, NFL, Transfer, etc) and these arrivals today, where are we at in numbers? Will we try to hit the 85 limit?

3 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

alright, so now we wait until Jan 7th for Tyler Scott to become official and Feb. for J. Cobb to become official. That only makes 20, right?

I think we are only about halfway done, which is a terrifying thought. 

@BigBlueWDE CJ Johnson is going public at a ceremony on December 27th.

2 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Jamarion Wilcox… we just a hat on the table or is he a legit possibility to commit?

@AUinGA44 We dropped him a week or so ago per on3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

When are McAllister and Fairweather expected to sign on?

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

they don't really sign an NLI in a fixed window like the HS kids. It's just grant agreements which they can actually do at any time between now and like Jan. 18th

@au701948 @BigBlueWDE They can sign award letters which allows AU to go public with them like AU did with Mcallister this morning. No word on Fairweather yet.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUinGA44 We dropped him a week or so ago per on3.

Most of you are way more in the know than I am, but this was quite a comeback from a very bad class two weeks ago. Heard HF say, they hope/plan to add a few more through the portal. Hoping one is the QB from Wake. Also, didn’t our main TB, Jeremiah Cobb sign? SEC Network said he did, but seems I’ve seen some posts, that he hasn’t. 

1 hour ago, wde1968 said:

Yea I missed it somehow

I started to panic cuz I couldn’t find anything official from AU in this thread. Only that he committed to us. Eventually found it in his thread. 

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or Tony Mitchell.

I knew we weren't getting Mitchell as soon as I found out where he was from. 

I haven't lived in Alabama for forty years now, but I can still predict with about 80% accuracy whether we have a chance with a kid by what town he's from😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I haven't lived in Alabama for forty years now, but I can still predict with about 80% accuracy whether we have a chance with a kid by what town he's from😁

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

It was a very, very good day for Auburn football. War 🦅 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yep. Amazing thing to think about, actually.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's his name bro... Danny Hugh Feeze.

poorly worded on my part: I have no idea why it makes me chuckle, rather. But it does 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

That was either an error or an attempt to spoil the kids surprise by ESPN. Auburn hasn't announced him

Thank you for the response. I've gotten caught up on everything from earlier and it was probably a mistake like you mentioned.

I watched an Auburn Undercover video on YouTube earlier. They updated some commits (at this time Lee hadn't flipped from Ohio State) and said Lee was probably going to flip judging by Zac Etheridge tweeting "We ain't done yet." After that they took some questions from their followers and one question was about Cobb waiting until actual Signing Day in Feb. 2023 to sign and if there's a chance that he flips from now until Feb. The hosts answered no. I believe they said his high school has a tradition of every player signing at the same time so he will wait and sign then at the ceremony. They said Scott will sign at halftime of the Under Armour game in January. 

Makes me feel alot better. WDE