2023 Signees and Commitments

Zeek

Its nice to remember how fun signing day can be.  

Also just remember, this is just the BEGINNING.  We still have more players who will go in the portal and another signing day in February.  But they are off to a great start!!  

Doubt we are going to see another February signing day full of whiffs then Freeze jetting off to Mexico.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its nice to remember how fun signing day can be.  

Also just remember, this is just the BEGINNING.  We still have more players who will go in the portal and another signing day in February.  But they are off to a great start!!  

Doubt we are going to see another February signing day full of whiffs then Freeze jetting off to Mexico.  

Ain't that the d@#n truth. I'll never let it go that not a single recruit was signed on Feb. national signing day 2022! War Eagle! Still waiting to find a present or two behind the flipmas tree after Zac's tweet from 11:30ish this AM

Edited by AUINSY

Thing about waiting to sign with teammates, you get harassed another month and a half. 

20 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Jatta would have been a great pickup for us, but this class has gone from kneecapping the program under Harsin to having a promising future with a mix of some good, young talent and transfers that will immediately contribute.

Agree 100%. We had 8 scholarship o lineman and now will go into January with at least 13. And more to come. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUINSY said:

Ain't that the d@#n truth. I'll never let it go that not a single recruit was signed on national signing day! War Eagle! Still waiting to find a present or two behind the flipmas tree after Zac's tweet from 11:30ish this AM

Yes, me too. Hoping that additions made today. How great would that be after last year’s ESD?!

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

KN just abruptly left the On3 Live and said a surprise was incoming...didn't say good or bad and they have all been pretty distracted since. Weird

Yea Jeff made a smh face right after.  Got me a bit worried lol

We are up to 20 in 247 team ranking with per player at 89.06 which is pretty darn good especially with where we were at. Assuming the 4 who have not sent in the NLI will this is a really good class especially at addressing 3 key areas O-line, D-Line, and DB. Another flip like Lee would add icing to the cake.  This class is much better than expected but most of the players probably won't help that much this coming year unless we strike out in the Portal. Now we need to finish strong in the portal in the next few months but the sooner the better. 

My best guess for Portal needs:

3-4 O-line

2-3 LB's

1 - starter quality QB

1 - Stud Edge 

1 - Stud WR

Of these O-Line and LB are the most important.  I know some will say QB is most important and I would agree id we don't fix the O-line. If we fix the O-line for this year a solid game manager QB will get us by.

Just now, Chaotic_zx said:

JLee is saying there could be a flip for Auburn per KN. Speaking about Lee.

yah, relief that they finally clarified. Lee would be amazing, and Scott is inevitable in January

It would move us to 16th. Boom!!!  Committed Lee

Edited by AUBwins

1 minute ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Kayin Lee just committed. Flip from Ohio State. 

Gosh you scared me lol. Well hallelujah 

On3 think this may be it for the day.  Still an incredible jump.  Time to add on the transfers and snag a couple more guys in February.  

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Mid 50s to top 15-20 in 2 weeks.  

That's not just a Freeze, that must be the Arctic blast we've all been warned about this week. 

• Haha 1