Students Expelled for ‘Ku Klux Klan Starter Pack’ Instagram Posts ‘Obviously’ Have No First Amendment Protection, Appeals Court Rules

Didba

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who said the impact of slavery ended that day?  You’re making things up now.  This country has recognized the sin of slavery and one day does not change centuries of slavery.  Getting to we are now has taken a long time, but progress is being made. 

It seems some are not satisfied with the timeline, but don’t want to discuss what else could be done.

You constantly make implied arguments then fall back on the excuse you didn't literally state that implied conclusion.  That's pure weaseling.

As if your point is even relevant.  The topic is about current, existing racism, not how much progress we've made since 1863.

To Cole's point, you are evading the subject, if not making excuses for it.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

A shame to have a thread full of "experts" with no solutions. Typical. 

Have a good evening.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Institutional racism is a term that has been coined just recently and it is for vote getting.  And by people like me, I assume you mean people who put a premium on personal responsibility over your race.  You know, be defined on your character rather than the color of your skin.

This thing you're trying to do now with me and @homersapienis transparent, predictable, and embarrassing. Where you try to flip it like we are the only ones who see race, while you are enlightened and only judge character. It's the last refuge of the racist. A convenient way to disregard the very clear disadvantages and pure hatred that some people face. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You constantly make implied arguments then fall back on the excuse you didn't literally state that implied conclusion.  That's pure weaseling.

Thank you. This is exactly it. 

Just because I don't bark, doesn't mean I don't hear the whistle. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Have a good evening.

Sorry we didn't solve racism for you tonight!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

The other thing is the I didn't get anything from being white! I had to work to get what I got! I didn't have any advantages over a black person, and so while they aren't racist they will argue and fight and attack a person talking about it. And you know what that does? It gives an actual racist person another ally.

How do would you feel if someone told you the only reason you have the job you have in the nuclear industry is because you are black?  I’m sure someone has said or, at least, thought that.  It really is the same thing and it is distasteful.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Half the people that argue and dislike me literally don't know why they do. 

You’re a knowledgeable poster on athletes and sports, it’s only when you throw in race that upset most.  I used to comment in the past, but gave that up.  The reason I jumped on this thread was to get to a discussion going to see what your beef was.  I hope it continues.

Edited by I_M4_AU
Clarification

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Institutional racism is a term that has been coined just recently and it is for vote getting.  And by people like me, I assume you mean people who put a premium on personal responsibility over your race.  You know, be defined on your character rather than the color of your skin.

Good grief. :no:

Once again, you display your complete historical ignorance of the subject.

Institutional racism is older than the country.  It is not a term that has been "coined" recently.  What idiocy.

Ever heard of "red-lining"?  Know anything about how interstate highway construction affected blacks?  How about small business loans?  Ever heard anything about institutional racism in the healthcare industry?

Institutional racism is an American as apple pie. Things have improved, but it's still endemic.

Why do you suppose there is such a huge difference between black and white families in average wealth?  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Larry obviously doesn't understand how generational wealth is accumulated and why the statistics on wealth are so radically different between white and black families.

I think Larry does understand how generational wealth is accumulated.

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again you are wrong on so many levels.

Why do you insist on identifying Cole as black?  Are you putting him in a special category?  Do have bigotry of low expectations concerning black people?  

To the bolded part; this is you MO.  Presenting your narrative as what I said.  I didn’t say this nor did I intend such a thing,  You too are just making things up now.  Try to be honest in your conversations from now on.

I’m sure Cole really appreciates a white guy coming to his aid.

I am not "insisting" on anything, Cole is black.  I know that from my history on this forum. (He's also a nuclear engineer.)  And Cole can take care of himself. We've had our differences on the football forum and it got pretty personal, although I doubt he even remembers it.

Regarding me "changing" what you wrote or meant, you are full of s***. Everyone who reads your posts knows exactly what your saying.  Likewise, my responses to your idiotic posts are equally clear.  You just don't have the integrity to own it after the fact.  That's why you make generalized claims as above about me somehow "changing the narrative" of what your wrote.  You want to go back and parse it line by line?  Let's go.

Or maybe you are just a fool, especially considering the self-own irony of the two sentences  highlighted in your response.

This is not about Cole.  It's about you.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I am not "insisting" on anything, Cole is black. 

So why point it out?  Treat people the same no matter what their race.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Coincidentally my mom told me that's what people would say about Dr King having speeches and originations and stuff. And when he came to a town they would say he's causing division and he's the actual racist

Back then it was a sad reality. If you are trying to accuse me of the same thing you are sadly misled. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He was counting on me to be abrasive, I didn't so he still lied and tried to run with it. I didn't insult him at all. 

I'm actually careful to who I would call a racist. You see when you are talking and nobody wants you to discuss I have to watch what I say. That still doesn't stop many from calling me a race baiter. Just like the guy was counting on me to insult him they are wanting me to do that so they can say I'm not credible. 

They got tired of waiting so now they just say it

Keep in mind there's absolutely no need for you to call them racist.  They self-identify, whether they are aware of it or not. (In fact, not being aware of it, is a prime indicator. ;)

The "race baiter" charge is the worst case of projection I've ever seen. Hilarious, but also sad to think someone has so little self-awareness.

My hat's off to you for maintaining your temperament.  I don't think I could do that.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, that's all fine and good, but this thread is about a bunch of American high school kids promoting Nazi ideology, so let's start with a focus on individual behavior and parental responsibility.   :-\

Good luck with that! Those qualities are lacking all over the place. 😳

51 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Have a good evening.

You looking for a "solution"?  Go look in the mirror.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So why point it out?  Treat people the same no matter what their race.

I didn't point it out.  You did.

Race has no bearing on how I treat people.  Their intellect and values do, but not their race. 

Speaking of intellect and values, how about showing us that insult Cole made to you?

Edited by homersapien

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think Larry does understand how generational wealth is accumulated.

Well, considering all those white people he knows that feel so bad about slavery, how does he explain the disparity?  :-\

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, considering all those white people he knows that feel so bad about slavery, how does he explain the disparity?  :-\

Ask him

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I didn't point it out.  You did.

No, you keep pointing it out

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Race has no bearing on how I treat people.  Their intellect and values do, but not their race.

See, we can agree. 

• Thanks 1

Then just give up. 

That's apparently your style.

Lmao 🤣 no way big shot leftist 

• Facepalm 2

You looking for a "solution"?  Go look in the mirror.

Lmao 🤣 🤪

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do would you feel if someone told you the only reason you have the job you have in the nuclear industry is because you are black?  I’m someone has said or, at least, thought that.  It really is the same thing and it is distasteful.

You continue to say the most irrelevant, insulting things, while cloaking it in some edgy talking point or by completely backtracking moments later. 

As much as you seem to dislike Cole, you should appreciate his patience with you. I'm not sure I could do the same. 

• Like 1

Case and point literally look on the football board, now they have called Sanders everything but I child of God. Now all I mentioned was the white wr dropped a pass to tie the game because it was a major story because of the hate and stuff he was getting and Sanders made a point to address that and him being part of the team and no one player was the cause.

This goes directly against the character stuff being made up and discussed. Now you have people saying race baiter, big post about race being broughtcalling admin and all of that. This is just how it is on the board...But if this demographic is just a snapshot of society.....Why is it so hard to believe that biases are out in the real world? 

Keep in mind there's absolutely no need for you to call them racist.  They self-identify, whether they are aware of it or not. (In fact, not being aware of it, is a prime indicator. ;)

The "race baiter" charge is the worst case of projection I've ever seen. Hilarious, but also sad to think someone has so little self-awareness.

My hat's off to you for maintaining your temperament.  I don't think I could do that.

It seems now apparently a group is starting a thing saying I'm racist. I'm racist because I'm always talking about being fair. 

I'm literally asking people to really think about it. What have I ever said that has people so upset? 

I also want people to think well if it bothers you so much when I speak you constantly have to let me know black people are racist too or whatever....then why isn't that same energy for the other end of the spectrum? We have several posters where stuff is obvious. When they talk why no constant check of them?