Students Expelled for ‘Ku Klux Klan Starter Pack’ Instagram Posts ‘Obviously’ Have No First Amendment Protection, Appeals Court Rules

Didba

https://lawandcrime.com/first-amendment/students-expelled-for-ku-klux-klan-starter-pack-instagram-posts-obviously-have-no-first-amendment-protection-appeals-court-rules/?utm_source=mostpopular

The general rule for school speech and the First Amendment is, and has been since Tinker, that schools can punish student speech and expression when it causes a substantial disruption to the school’s discipline and educational mission.

I gather from the description that the record was replete with examples of disruption.

• Thanks 1

Man, some of those comments were really vile. 

And a lot of people seem to think Black people don't face any bad instances of racism in todays world. 

It's not a 'free speech' issue anymore when you're posting these things to a online group chat that can be sop easily copied and spread around school (like it apparently was) to cause fear and discomfort among everyone. 

• Sad 1

(The right of) free speech, is generally misunderstood and consequently, the term is becoming more and more abused.

The term "Free speech" is becoming analogous to the the term "woke", only it is used by the right wing to express hate, prejudice and exclusion, while "woke" is used to represent just the opposite.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 4

On 12/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, homersapien said:

(The right of) free speech, is generally misunderstood and consequently, the term is becoming more and more abused.

The term "Free speech" is becoming analogous to the the term "woke", only it is used by the right wing to express hate, prejudice and exclusion, while "woke" is used to represent just the opposite.

Some Wokeness isn’t a Lilly white alternative to the vileness presented here. It can split either way. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Anytime you try to talk about racism it will either be ignored or go to it exist for white people too. Such is the nature of this demographic

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Anytime you try to talk about racism it will either be ignored or go to it exist for white people too. Such is the nature of this demographic

Reality blind are we? Every, and I mean EVERY demographic display’s examples of discrimination or “racism”. It’s an unfortunate reality of human beings. Let’s hope one day it dies. 

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Example?

Hunan history, reality. 

• Facepalm 1

Article about KKK or any racism *crickets* 

Couple of days later.....black people are racist too!

You don't see this if any other groups though.

You won't see people do that if a Jewish person mentioned a Nazi.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

This country will not admit the crimes committed against black Americans, native Americans.  The country will not admit the horrific effects of it's crimes against black and native Americans.

We simply lack the courage and commitment to do what is right.

Many, if not most, of our problems are simply the result of never wanting to admit we have acted in a manner that defies our stated principles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

This country will not admit the crimes committed against black Americans, native Americans.  The country will not admit the horrific effects of it's crimes against black and native Americans.

We simply lack the courage and commitment to do what is right.

Many, if not most, of our problems are simply the result of never wanting to admit we have acted in a manner that defies our stated principles.

What a fool you are.  This country sacrificed 600,000 people admitting the crimes against black Americans.  Have you forgotten?  Is there not gratitude for this act?  So now you only have resentment?

What is your solution to *make it right*?  Especially concerning the native Americans?  The native Americans were pushed off their lands in the same way they pushed other native Americans off their lands, just over a quicker period of time and more documented.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Lol at gratitude. 

But I forgot to put this as past of my other statement don't want to talk about racism unless it's something about a person claimed racism and it wasn't......ESPECIALLY on this board. Because of the demographic of men this site caters too.

Fortunately though as time passes so does power. A newer generation will eventually weed out. But it's slow because the mindset also gets passed down from generation to generation. 

Right now some hate the thought that their older generations did horrible things to people 

I think that's why the mindset gets held on to. Don't like the thought of revered loved ones not being admired because of things done

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol at gratitude. 

But I forgot to put this as past of my other statement don't want to talk about racism unless it's something about a person claimed racism and it wasn't......ESPECIALLY on this board. Because of the demographic of men this site caters too.

Fortunately though as time passes so does power. A newer generation will eventually weed out. But it's slow because the mindset also gets passed down from generation to generation. 

Right now some hate the thought that their older generations did horrible things to people 

I think that's why the mindset gets held on to. Don't like the thought of revered loved ones not being admired because of things done

You are one of the most disingenuous posters on this subject.  You just post and not quote.  You are obviously responding to my post, so here goes.

Slavery was common place since the beginning of time.  It took the Western civilization (read Christians) to even start to eradicate slavery.  That is fact and even you can’t dispute that.  Bias and racism has also been around since the beginning of time and each individual has to deal with that in their soul.  How are you doing with that?

I have always felt the the sins of the father can not be thrust upon the son.  Obviously, you have a different perspective.  Would like to espouse on that concept?  Do you want equality or payback?  Or do you want the African Americans to dominate for a couple of centuries?  Lets hear your opinion instead of shots on what you perceive has been done to your community.

In your opinion; where do we go from here?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are one of the most disingenuous posters on this subject.  You just post and not quote.  You are obviously responding to my post, so here goes.

Slavery was common place since the beginning of time.  It took the Western civilization (read Christians) to even start to eradicate slavery.  That is fact and even you can’t dispute that.  Bias and racism has also been around since the beginning of time and each individual has to deal with that in their soul.  How are you doing with that?

I have always felt the the sins of the father can not be thrust upon the son.  Obviously, you have a different perspective.  Would like to espouse on that concept?  Do you want equality or payback?  Or do you want the African Americans to dominate for a couple of centuries?  Lets hear your opinion instead of shots on what you perceive has been done to your community.

You can't be serious.....you insult me like that on the first sentence but want cordial dialogue? 

Me? I'm one of the most disingenuous poster on this subject. Coincidentally the black guy right? The guy who doesn't lie about anything is the most disingenuous. The guy who actually experience the ill effects is the most disingenuous. Do you have ANY reason to even say that to me? I don't insult you and that's what you say to me?

Btw I saw your post and it sound so crazy that I laughed. Then I added on to what I originally said....so your obviously line isn't even right. But it's so obvious to you right. 

People like you are why I now don't even bother with middle aged white men. For what? You'd see racism and not give a **** because you'd think I'm not racist it's none of my business. But if you see a conversation about racism you are ready to go to war to fight because nobody better call you a racist and argue and fight making a safe place for people that are racist to camouflage sit back. They don't even have to speak because they have you fighting for them. 

What I perceive to have been done to my community is hilarious. That's so typical. So let me guess I'm too dumb, so I don't even understand what has happened to me but the great white man does.

Why would you even think you are supposed to have some attitude or hostility on this subject anyway? Lol you guys are just upset that you can't talk and say stuff the way you once could I guess. 

If you want to pretend that there's nothing wrong with stuff happened in the past go ahead. But imo those people were scum. Terrible people. The same way people have disdain for Nazi's that's the way I look on anybody that owned slaves, were part of the Klan, raped and murdered people. Fantasized of their superiority, and built generational wealth........scum

Edited by cole256
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You can't be serious.....you insult me like that on the first sentence but want cordial dialogue? 

Me? I'm one of the most disingenuous poster on this subject. Coincidentally the black guy right? The guy who doesn't lie about anything is the most disingenuous. The guy who actually experience the ill effects is the most disingenuous. Do you have ANY reason to even say that to me? I don't insult yont u and that's what you say to me?

Btw I saw your post and it sound so crazy that I laughed. Then I added on to what I originally said....so your obviously line isn't even right. But it's so obvious to you right. 

People like you are why I now don't even bother with middle aged white men. For what? 

What I perceive to have been done to my community is hilarious. That's so typical. So let me guess I'm too dumb, so I don't even understand what has happened to me but the great white man does.

Why would you even think you are supposed to have some attitude or hostility on this subject anyway? Lol you guys are just upset that you can't talk and say stuff the way you once could I guess. 

If you want to pretend that there's nothing wrong with stuff happened in the past go ahead. But imo those people were scum. Terrible people. The same way people have disdain for Nazi's that's the way I look on anybody that owned slaves, were part of the Klan, raped and murdered people. Fantasized of their superiority, and built generational wealth........scum

This is you all over.  You can’t get past the initial *insult*.  Your disingenuous actions are complaining that no one want to discuss the matter and then avoid the discussion.

So you saw my post and responded to it by not quoting me; this is exactly what I’m talking about.  You say you want to discuss, but when it comes down to it you shy away.

Another prime example; people like you are why I don’t even bother.  You don’t bother, I’m guessing, because you either can’t express yourself or don’t have anything but emotions to come back with.

I never stated nothing was wrong with the stuff that happened during slavery. Of course there was, that is a given.  I asked what do we do now and you don’t even acknowledge the question.

Get over yourself and answer the questions.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Me? I'm one of the most disingenuous poster on this subject. Coincidentally the black guy right? The guy who doesn't lie about anything is the most disingenuous. The guy who actually experience the ill effects is the most disingenuous. Do you have ANY reason to even say that to me? I don't insult you and that's what you say to me?

People like you are why I now don't even bother with middle aged white men. For what? You'd see racism and not give a **** because you'd think I'm not racist it's none of my business. But if you see a conversation about racism you are ready to go to war to fight because nobody better call you a racist and argue and fight making a safe place for people that are racist to camouflage sit back. They don't even have to speak because they have you fighting for them. 

Those who have no real sense of right and wrong, no sense of humanity, little basic human decency, will never understand.  Fear and ignorance are how they derive their sense of superiority.  That in itself is disgusting and stupid.  May God have mercy on them.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Those who have no real sense of right and wrong, no sense of humanity, little basic human decency, will never understand.  Fear and ignorance are how they derive their sense of superiority.  That in itself is disgusting and stupid.  May God have mercy on them.

It's hilarious. You can even see it in their post, thinking they are some higher authoritative figure. You reap what you sow though. That principle is in every religion. 95% of this forum is you don't agree with me!?! Let me insult you, then go run tell a mod on you when you reply back!

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Stop the BS and answer my question; what, in your opinion, what will it take to solve the problem?  It seems you and Cole are the same, just want to complain.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is you all over.  You can’t get past the initial *insult*.  Your disingenuous actions are complaining that no one want to discuss the matter and then avoid the discussion.

So you saw my post and responded to it by not quoting me; this is exactly what I’m talking about.  You say you want to discuss, but when it comes down to it you shy away.

Another prime example; people like you are why I don’t even bother.  You don’t bother, I’m guessing, because you either can’t express yourself or don’t have anything but emotions to come back with.

I never stated nothing was wrong with the stuff that happened during slavery. Of course there was, that is a given.  I asked what do we do now and you don’t even acknowledge the question.

Get over yourself and answer the questions.

What discussion did you try to have that I avoided? But yeah you keep imagining. 

And you keep asking what do we do now why? You are literally crying, calling names saying I want you to have this particular discussion my particular way

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What discussion did you try to have that I avoided? But yeah you keep imagining. 

And you keep asking what do we do now why? You are literally crying, calling names saying I want you to have this particular discussion my particular way

Here are the questions Cole:

I have always felt the the sins of the father can not be thrust upon the son.  Obviously, you have a different perspective.  Would like to espouse on that concept?  Do you want equality or payback?  Or do you want the African Americans to dominate for a couple of centuries?

What way would you like the discussion to go, Cole?  Your way?

You really don't have issues like this in high school really. There are a view issues here and there at schools that are mostly white, but get a school where it's even or close to even you don't have any superiority issues. I think because they know they'd get beat up.

Now it's grown men who love to talk wreckless behind computers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here are the questions Cole:

I have always felt the the sins of the father can not be thrust upon the son.  Obviously, you have a different perspective.  Would like to espouse on that concept?  Do you want equality or payback?  Or do you want the African Americans to dominate for a couple of centuries?

What way would you like the discussion to go, Cole?  Your way?

Once again ask me where do we go from here. Why? 

Once again if you won't talk or acknowledge my questions why would you think you can keep telling me to shut up and answer yours? 

You had to have grown up thru the 50/60's

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again ask me where do we go from here. Why? 

Once again if you won't talk or acknowledge my questions why would you think you can keep telling me to shut up and answer yours? 

You had to have grown up thru the 50/60's

Why? To see what your idea of a solution is to the problem.

There is not a way to have a discussion with you. This is why you are known as a race baiter.  Have a great New Year.  I hope you heal from within.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1