Students Expelled for ‘Ku Klux Klan Starter Pack’ Instagram Posts ‘Obviously’ Have No First Amendment Protection, Appeals Court Rules

Didba

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Woke is a lot of things but a Stirling example of free speech it is not. 

It must be a lot of things. Can someone please explain. The only thing I can determine is understanding social injustice.

Crazy thread. Couple of high school students do some stupid stuff reported in Law & Crime. Mnt and Homer disagree….Boom

My opinion on the issue of racism means nothing but I won’t back down on how I see this issue being played out in the public eye. I won’t back down from the conversation either. Too many people pick and choose what they want to read or hear….discounting the entire conversation created by thousands of years of indifference and ignorance. The crazy thing about it? The same types of organizations, whether it’s the West India Trading Company, the crown or a myriad of corporations and government/political/hate groups today continue to profit off the division, the history and the often times misleading information about the issue overall. Until we cast them aside and get beyond it the perpetuation of discrimination and racism will continue. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Nobody else find it funny that some people answer to racism is to just say black people do it too? 

Can't really move in the discussion because there's this underlying issue about white people are angry to discuss it because it angers them to speak on their mother's and father 's mistakes and misdeeds. That then leads to the I haven't done anything to anybody, and eventually leads to the I haven't benefited from anything and I need to prove it

You can't even get to the well tell me your experience part. It's anger right off the bat. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nobody else find it funny that some people answer to racism is to just say black people do it too? 

Can't really move in the discussion because there's this underlying issue about white people are angry to discuss it because it angers them to speak on their mother's and father 's mistakes and misdeeds. That then leads to the I haven't done anything to anybody, and eventually leads to the I haven't benefited from anything and I need to prove it

You can't even get to the well tell me your experience part. It's anger right off the bat. 

I don't find any of it funny, but my experiences around this globe speak volumes. My experiences in this country speak volumes. You have yours, I have mine......

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

My opinion on the issue of racism means nothing but I won’t back down on how I see this issue being played out in the public eye. I won’t back down from the conversation either. Too many people pick and choose what they want to read or hear….discounting the entire conversation created by thousands of years of indifference and ignorance. The crazy thing about it? The same types of organizations, whether it’s the West India Trading Company, the crown or a myriad of corporations and government/political/hate groups today continue to profit off the division, the history and the often times misleading information about the issue overall. Until we cast them aside and get beyond it the perpetuation of discrimination and racism will continue. 

that is rich since a very young black boy playing with a toy gun was shot down in cold blood. and YOU are not correct that your opinion on racism is just a bunch of bullsh*t and one of the main reasons this crap still continues. Until YOU cast aside your stance things will continue to slowly crawl toward justice. you have no clue how it is to go out and fear you could be pulled over or stopped and detained and know you might not come home. White supremacy groups have infiltrated the police force throughout the country and this is a fact if you would care to google looking for truths and not just what fits your narrative. and as far as i am concerned those that voted for trump pushed race relations way back but you guys ignored that just like many other things about trump.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I don't find any of it funny, but my experiences around this globe speak volumes. My experiences in this country speak volumes. You have yours, I have mine......

Right. You hate the thought of somebody else opinion holding more weight........so you'll argue.

But that's just life. You can travel the globe twice, you still won't know about dealing with racism the way a minority who's been targeted multiple times. Doesn't mean your opinion is worthless, it's just you won't have to deal with things other people may have to

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is rich since a very young black boy playing with a toy gun was shot down in cold blood. and YOU are not correct that your opinion on racism is just a bunch of bullsh*t and one of the main reasons this crap still continues. Until YOU cast aside your stance things will continue to slowly crawl toward justice. you have no clue how it is to go out and fear you could be pulled over or stopped and detained and know you might not come home. White supremacy groups have infiltrated the police force throughout the country and this is a fact if you would care to google looking for truths and not just what fits your narrative. and as far as i am concerned those that voted for trump pushed race relations way back but you guys ignored that just like many other things about trump.

I never said it was a bunch of BS. My stance is ignored here as you just displayed. I hate it all. I want it all to go away. NOW. Unfortunately we continue to deal with it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Right. You hate the thought of somebody else opinion holding more weight........so you'll argue.

But that's just life. You can travel the globe twice, you still won't know about dealing with racism the way a minority who's been targeted multiple times. Doesn't mean your opinion is worthless, it's just you won't have to deal with things other people may have to

Pot meet kettle. We all have differences we can't control. We are who we are at birth. One day, hopefully...we can all figure this out and stop using our skin color as a shield or sword. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Pot meet kettle. We all have differences we can't control. We are who we are at birth. One day, hopefully...we can all figure this out and stop using our skin color as a shield or sword. 

This reply just strengthens my points. The difference between me and you is if you started talking about a particular incident I wouldn't run in saying well your race do it to! That actually just shows an agenda. 

Also to is this anger you have. You literally have an anger when somebody mentions race.....think about that. Now we're at a point if somebody were to do something racist it's oh well. If you speak on that it's you are being a victim. 

Dr King and Malcolm X weren't victims, they just pointed out behaviors. Guess what the responses they usually received? They were told they were race baiters. They were told to shut up. They were told they are just making things up. 

People literally hate me on here for talking about equality. People get angry when someone talks about things they don't agree with. What's weird to me though the anger at something they don't have to deal with

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Dr King and Malcolm X

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere.  It seems to me, growing up in this era, that these two had opposing philosophies.  Dr. King worked within the system to effect change, while Malcolm X had more of an anti-establishment view.

Dr. King, through persistence and charisma, changed the view of many Americans and now 50 years or so later, it seems Malcolm X’s philosophy is taking hold.

How do you see it, Cole and why the change in philosophy if true?

• Facepalm 1

Some of you do not seem to be able to discern between racism and,,, institutionalized racism. 

You can deny that institutionalized racism exists.  You can deny it's effects.  You cannot deny the data that says otherwise.

The negative effects, affect all of us, particularly the poor.  The capital class enjoys our ignorance and inhumanity.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

This reply just strengthens my points. The difference between me and you is if you started talking about a particular incident I wouldn't run in saying well your race do it to! That actually just shows an agenda. 

Also to is this anger you have. You literally have an anger when somebody mentions race.....think about that. Now we're at a point if somebody were to do something racist it's oh well. If you speak on that it's you are being a victim. 

Dr King and Malcolm X weren't victims, they just pointed out behaviors. Guess what the responses they usually received? They were told they were race baiters. They were told to shut up. They were told they are just making things up. 

People literally hate me on here for talking about equality. People get angry when someone talks about things they don't agree with. What's weird to me though the anger at something they don't have to deal with

I'm not angry. I'm saddened by how the past is constantly used to recreate a narrative, place tags on people and used to destroy. We can all learn from it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

On 1/1/2023 at 7:43 AM, I_M4_AU said:

What a fool you are.  This country sacrificed 600,000 people admitting the crimes against black Americans.  Have you forgotten?  Is there not gratitude for this act?  So now you only have resentment?

I have the lowest expectations, but I honestly can't believe what I just read. 

In a thread about a very real, very recent example of racism in America, your first comment is "where's the gratitude for ending slavery?"

It's sad you can't have sympathy for other people's struggles, but instead wish to deflect in the most convoluted and dishonest manner. 

What a fool, indeed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

I have the lowest expectations, but I honestly can't believe what I just read. 

In a thread about a very real, very recent example of racism in America, your first comment is "where's the gratitude for ending slavery?"

It's sad you can't have sympathy for other people's struggles, but instead wish to deflect in the most convoluted and dishonest manner. 

What a fool, indeed. 

Im glad you just caught up.  Ichy was exclaiming how this country does not admit to the treatment of Blacks and Native Americans and that is just not true.  I believe abolishing slavery is the ultimate in acknowledging the sins of the past.

Obviously, ichy has no gratitude for anything that has happened in the past, and in the absence of gratitude one is only left with resentment.  That is what ichy is, pure resentment.  I did not say *where’s your gratitude for ending slavery*, I just pointed out ichy has none.  Ichy can believe whatever ichy wants, but ichy’s resentment of the past comes out in every one of ichy;s post.

You are welcome to think whatever you want, its a free country.  I got to tell you though; if I had feelings that last sentence would have hurt.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 12/31/2022 at 10:16 PM, autigeremt said:

Reality blind are we? Every, and I mean EVERY demographic display’s examples of discrimination or “racism”. It’s an unfortunate reality of human beings. Let’s hope one day it dies. 

Well, one can "hope" or one can promote it's demise by calling it out when witnessing or experiencing it. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Some of you do not seem to be able to discern between racism and,,, institutionalized racism. 

You can deny that institutionalized racism exists.  You can deny it's effects.  You cannot deny the data that says otherwise.

The negative effects, affect all of us, particularly the poor.  The capital class enjoys our ignorance and inhumanity.

Here is a person that disagrees:

• Facepalm 3

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

It must be a lot of things. Can someone please explain. The only thing I can determine is understanding social injustice.

Crazy thread. Couple of high school students do some stupid stuff reported in Law & Crime. Mnt and Homer disagree….Boom

"Understanding social injustice" is close enough.  Certainly closer to the truth than trying to make the term something nefarious.

"Stupid stuff" is an extremely simplistic - if not a dismissive - description of promoting Nazi ideology.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Who is denying organizational, institutional, systematic racism or whatever you use to call it? Pretty sure most organizations of any size have attempted to address it whether existing or not.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who is denying organizational, institutional, systematic racism or whatever you use to call it? Pretty sure most organizations of any size have attempted to address it whether existing or not.

And yet,,, it is still widespread. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Well, we’re waiting.  Go ahead and start.

Speak for yourself.  This white person is not "waiting" on black people to tell me about their experiences with racism in order for me to understand it's existence. 

First, I've witnessed racial prejudice first hand.  Many times. Secondly, I know how to read.  While suppose it's possible to excuse the former, I cannot excuse the latter. 

You are acting like a jerk.  A racist jerk.  NO one can be that ignorant. :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Understanding social injustice" is close enough.  Certainly closer to the truth than trying to make the term something nefarious.

"Stupid stuff" is an extremely simplistic - if not a dismissive - description of promoting Nazi ideology.

Pretty simplistic thing they did. World at your fingertips to do stupid stuff today. Took a little effort to get expelled in our day.

21 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Your opinion on racism might mean something, if only I could figure out exactly what it was.

As far as I can tell, you seem to think it's an inherent human trait (true) so there's nothing to be done about it (false).

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Speak for yourself.  This white person is not "waiting" on black people to tell me about their experiences with racism in order for me to understand it's existence. 

First, I've witnessed racial prejudice first hand.  Many times. Secondly, I know how to read.  While suppose it's possible to excuse the former, I cannot excuse the latter. 

You are acting like a jerk.  A racist jerk.  NO one can be that ignorant. :no:

He likes to come in the political forum and tells us no one wants to discuss racism.  I have given him the opportunity, yet he deflects and insults.  He gets threads shutdown in the other forums for his mentioning race.

I have acted like a jerk to him, because of his personality, not his race.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pretty simplistic thing they did. World at your fingertips to do stupid stuff today. Took a little effort to get expelled in our day.

Let's hope it was a transformational learning experience for them - a bad pothole on the road to intellectual maturity. ;)