Students Expelled for ‘Ku Klux Klan Starter Pack’ Instagram Posts ‘Obviously’ Have No First Amendment Protection, Appeals Court Rules

Didba

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why? To see what your idea of a solution is to the problem.

There is not a way to have a discussion with you. This is why you are known as a race baiter.  Have a great New Year.  I hope you heal from within.

Lol still nothing to my questions right? I'm known as a race baiter because I won't shut up and go to your script.....think you are so superior. That's why you are known as a racist.

Heal from within? Lol I'm not hurt. But I hope you heal on the outside because it's easy to see

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's hilarious. You can even see it in their post, thinking they are some higher authoritative figure. You reap what you sow though. That principle is in every religion. 95% of this forum is you don't agree with me!?! Let me insult you, then go run tell a mod on you when you reply back!

Bigots will be cowards.  It is their nature.  Their identities are purely shaped by their "culture".  They have no ability to break from their prejudices.  They lack the courage to have an identity outside of the "cultural" training.  It is a pathetic existence.  These people cannot live without having someone to look down upon.  I suppose that is how they live with themselves.  They can never have a true independent identity.  They need the confirmation of the group.  They hold all of us back, not just those they are prejudiced against.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Some just want to hide behind ignorance and/or, insincerity. 

The real problem is,,, lack of basic human decency. 

Like I feel like I'm in the Twilight zone sometimes on here. Insult you, don't want to address that, demands you to answer a question to the end of a subject that they argue with you about even if you aren't discussing with them

This thread is literally about a terrorist organization and hate speech, but it turned into well black people aren't innocent.....

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:16 PM, autigeremt said:

Hunan history, reality. 

That makes no sense to me. :dunno:

I was asking for an example of "wokeness" that reflected " hate, prejudice and exclusion", and that's your response?

Do you really think (human) history is defined by "awareness of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)." (Mirriam Webster)

Or, being conscious of racial discrimination in society and other forms of oppression and injustice. (Dictionary.com)

Or, "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". (Wikipedia)

Edited by homersapien

On 12/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

Man, some of those comments were really vile. 

And a lot of people seem to think Black people don't face any bad instances of racism in todays world. 

It's not a 'free speech' issue anymore when you're posting these things to a online group chat that can be sop easily copied and spread around school (like it apparently was) to cause fear and discomfort among everyone. 

The Trump appointee agrees. I do as well Coffee. 
And you are correct. Lots of racism going on today.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a fool you are.  This country sacrificed 600,000 people admitting the crimes against black Americans.  Have you forgotten?  Is there not gratitude for this act?  So now you only have resentment?

(QFT)

Are you serious?!! :-\   

What a sophomoric statement. :no:

The civil war was caused by southern secession for the cause of expanding the institution of slavery.  Approx. 260K southerners died in that cause.  An additional 360k died on the northern side to prevent that secession.  It wasn't about "admitting crimes against black people", as our postbellum history clearly shows.

The abolition of slavery - while significant and noteworthy - was a virtual side effect of that conflict.

What a stupid, stupid, ignorant and insulting thing to say, much less to a black person!   Gobsmacking  :slapfh:   

For God's sake man, get to the library, go directly to the 973.7 section of history and start educating yourself. :no: 

(And calling someone else a "fool" while doing so is beyond ironic.)

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

You can't be serious.....you insult me like that on the first sentence but want cordial dialogue? 

Me? I'm one of the most disingenuous poster on this subject. Coincidentally the black guy right? The guy who doesn't lie about anything is the most disingenuous. The guy who actually experience the ill effects is the most disingenuous. Do you have ANY reason to even say that to me? I don't insult you and that's what you say to me?

Btw I saw your post and it sound so crazy that I laughed. Then I added on to what I originally said....so your obviously line isn't even right. But it's so obvious to you right. 

People like you are why I now don't even bother with middle aged white men. For what? You'd see racism and not give a **** because you'd think I'm not racist it's none of my business. But if you see a conversation about racism you are ready to go to war to fight because nobody better call you a racist and argue and fight making a safe place for people that are racist to camouflage sit back. They don't even have to speak because they have you fighting for them. 

What I perceive to have been done to my community is hilarious. That's so typical. So let me guess I'm too dumb, so I don't even understand what has happened to me but the great white man does.

Why would you even think you are supposed to have some attitude or hostility on this subject anyway? Lol you guys are just upset that you can't talk and say stuff the way you once could I guess. 

If you want to pretend that there's nothing wrong with stuff happened in the past go ahead. But imo those people were scum. Terrible people. The same way people have disdain for Nazi's that's the way I look on anybody that owned slaves, were part of the Klan, raped and murdered people. Fantasized of their superiority, and built generational wealth........scum

He's a complete idiot regarding this subject.   I'd advise you not to waste any more time on him.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Slavery was common place since the beginning of time.  It took the Western civilization (read Christians) to even start to eradicate slavery.  That is fact and even you can’t dispute that.  Bias and racism has also been around since the beginning of time and each individual has to deal with that in their soul.  How are you doing with that?

Fact my ass.

Christianity has a long, long history of exploiting and enslaving black and brown people in the "new world" that extends way before the American civil war.  (And it's not like southern (or northern) slave holders in America weren't devout Christians.)

Christianity did not drive the "Age of Enlightenment" - which is ultimately responsible for the ultimate disappearance of slavery. If anything, it was just the opposite in the south, even though many northern abolitionists did cite religious (Christian) justification for abolitionism.

Maybe you should start avoiding historical arguments altogether.  <_<

Edited by homersapien

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

(QFT)

Are you serious?!! :-\   

What a sophomoric statement. :no:

The civil war was caused by southern secession for the cause of expanding the institution of slavery.  Approx. 260K southerners died in that cause.  An additional 360k died on the northern side to prevent that secession.  It wasn't about "admitting crimes against black people", as our postbellum history clearly shows.

The abolition of slavery - while significant and noteworthy - was a virtual side effect of that conflict.

What a stupid, stupid, ignorant and insulting thing to say, much less to a black person!   Gobsmacking  :slapfh:   

For God's sake man, get to the library, go directly to the 973.7 section of history and start educating yourself. :no: 

(And calling someone else a "fool" while doing so is beyond ironic.)

So southern Americans don’t count as life’s lost?  Of course you try to push your narrative that I stated the war started over slavery which I did not, you really have to have better reading comprehension.

On January 1, 1863 the Emancipation Declaration was signed which abolished slavery as an EO.  That was during the war, therefore, the people that gave their lives were in the effort to end slavery.  The point isn’t that anybody has to pay homage to the ones that sacrificed, it is to have gratitude that this happened.  As stated, if you don’t have any gratitude you are left only with resentment, which is the point I was making.

I didn’t know ichy was black, but why would stating facts to a black person be stupid ignorant and insulting thing to say?  

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So southern Americans don’t count as life’s lost?  Of course you try to push your narrative that I stated the war started over slavery which I did not, you really have to have better reading comprehension.

On January 1, 1863 the Emancipation Declaration was signed which abolished slavery as an EO.  That was during the war, therefore, the people that gave their lives were in the effort to end slavery.  The point isn’t that anybody has to pay homage to the ones that sacrificed, it is to have gratitude that this happened.  As stated, if you don’t have any gratitude you are left only with resentment, which is the point I was making.

I didn’t know ichy was black, but why would stating facts to a black person be stupid ignorant and insulting thing to say?  

Are you a Christian?

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Christianity has a long, long history of exploiting and enslaving black and brown people in the "new world" that extends way before the American civil war.  (And it's not like southern (or northern) slave holders in America weren't devout Christians.)

Christianity did not drive the "Age of Enlightenment" - which is ultimately responsible for the ultimate disappearance of slavery, if anything, just the opposite.

(Maybe you should start avoiding historical arguments altogether.  <_<)

The Age of Enlightenment started people thinking along the lines of people being create equal, but, like anything else, it takes actions to make it happen. Enter England around 1834 to abolish slavery (a Western Civilization) and send its navy to deter the slave trade.  The US followed in 1863.  What did I miss, or is it you can’t admit the Western Civilization that was formed around Christianity could do good things.  The past has to be torn apart and no gratitude paid to the past.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course they count as lives lost - they just don't count as lives lost for the purpose of abolishing slavery.  If Southerners wanted to abolish slavery, the Civil War never happens.  Southern soldiers lost their lives fighting for the side that wanted to continue owning other people based on skin color.

And while some Union soldiers fought to abolish slavery, the primary reason the North engaged in the war and didn't just let the South secede wasn't a noble desire to free enslaved people.  It was to keep the United States together as a country.  

This is History 101.  These are facts.  Trying to baptize them after the fact into something more palatable and honorable doesn't do anyone any favors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Of course they count as lives lost - they just don't count as lives lost for the purpose of abolishing slavery.  If Southerners wanted to abolish slavery, the Civil War never happens.  Southern soldiers lost their lives fighting for the side that wanted to continue owning other people based on skin color.

And while some Union soldiers fought to abolish slavery, the primary reason the North engaged in the war and didn't just let the South secede wasn't a noble desire to free enslaved people.  It was to keep the United States together as a country.  

This is History 101.  These are facts.  Trying to baptize them after the fact into something more palatable and honorable doesn't do anyone any favors.

I agree that the primary reason for the initial engagement was to keep the Union together, of course, I never mentioned what the reason for the start of the war, just that it abolished slavery.  That also is History 101.

My intent was not to *baptize* the southern soldier into anything.  My intent was to show gratitude for the act of freeing the slaves.  This doesn’t mean anyone has to pay homage to any individual or group, just gratitude that the act happened.  Just like we should have gratitude the United States exists at all.  We seem to have lost the ability to be grateful for what we have and only want to resent the individuals that made this country great because they may have had some flaws that we perceive as distasteful in today’s world.

• Facepalm 3

Talk about the kkk for some reason goes into black people are racist too and show gratitude to the union soldiers. This very thread shows how people get upset if you talk about racism. Legit anger, as if you personally insulted them. And how would a white person know or understand unless they had a convo to a minority and listened to what they have experienced?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And how would a white person know or understand unless they had a convo to a minority and listened to what they have experienced?

Well, we’re waiting.  Go ahead and start.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, we’re waiting.  Go ahead and start.

I prefer to speak with someone who wants to talk AND listen. Not someone who calls me a liar without having any examples of me lying.

Also a person who will also answer questions I ask too. And lastly it's an passionate subject so I would prefer a person that wouldn't continue to insult me. I'm getting to a point where I really just wished I could meet a few people on here and slap the hell out of a few people on here. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I prefer to speak with someone who wants to talk AND listen. Not someone who calls me a liar without having any examples of me lying.

Also a person who will also answer questions I ask too. And lastly it's an passionate subject so I would prefer a person that wouldn't continue to insult me. I'm getting to a point where I really just wished I could meet a few people on here and slap the hell out of a few people on here. 

I’m shocked by this response, shocked I tell you.

Good luck with your conversation.

• Facepalm 2

On 12/31/2022 at 9:37 PM, cole256 said:

Article about KKK or any racism *crickets* 

Couple of days later.....black people are racist too!

You don't see this if any other groups though.

You won't see people do that if a Jewish person mentioned a Nazi.

White people, black peoples, yellow people, brown people…..give a group of people the power and throw down the blinders. It’s not just a white/black issue. Woke yet? 

• Dislike 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:40 PM, cole256 said:

This thread is literally about a terrorist organization and hate speech, but it turned into well black people aren't innocent.....

Ok 👌🏻 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

White people, black peoples, yellow people, brown people…..give a group of people the power and throw down the blinders. It’s not just a white/black issue. Woke yet? 

This take is the reason racism still exists.

• Like 2

wow. there is so much racism on this board it blows my mind. i will admit i mistakenly admit i thought cole was racist as do other people on this board. if you call someone out on something racist it does not automatically mean they are racist. what i thought was racist was in fact him just calling others out on theirs. people resent this and i freely admit this is how i felt. it is an uncomfortable subject and most folks do not want or care to admit the truth. cole has a right to call anyone out  racism on this board if he sees it. it does not mean he is it means he is tired of the bullsh*t and he will approach it. i got that mixed up and believe me as mr cole and i have been on private message talking over our issues. we even invited a mod to make it legit. racism is evil and ugly and if it is called out and people disagree then you better take a long look in the mirror. and you cannot throw out other countries did it like this magically changes anything. there is racism on this board and everyone that has spoken against it has been ridiculed on this thread. racism is alive and well and peoples indifference is not helping anything. it should be called out whenever it pops up. everyone counts or no one counts. seriously? if it makes you uncomfortable and you throw out crap to make yourself feel better you best look in the mirror. if you cannot acknowledge the horror of what has happened and what continues to happen you need to go look in the mirror. if cole says something and you immediately think of what color he is instead of his talking points you might have some issues. in fact anyone that knows trump knows he is a racist piece of crap whom many of you adored and would put right back in office if given the chance and you damn well know it. and before you bring biden up as being racist he had a serious change of heart. enough so that obama named him his VP. put your anger aside and that how dare him attitude and listen to what he was saying. there is a difference in being angry over what is happening to your race and and i have been guilty of that for a while. so keep smearing cole and ichy but you might as well include me as well because i see as do others they just do not want to engage the argument.

Edited by aubiefifty

On 12/29/2022 at 10:50 AM, homersapien said:

(The right of) free speech, is generally misunderstood and consequently, the term is becoming more and more abused.

The term "Free speech" is becoming analogous to the the term "woke", only it is used by the right wing to express hate, prejudice and exclusion, while "woke" is used to represent just the opposite.

The KKK starter kits as described here  did not qualify as free speech. I approve the steps taken to stop it. But for you to say Woke is free speech when it is cancel culture whenever you say something somebody disagrees with.  Ask comedians who will no longer go to college campuses because of the woke backlash. Legitimate scientists who tried to say that Covid could have come out of the Wuhan lab and the Woke media shut them down. Then a year or more later there is some evidence that gives that credence. I didn't say that it came out of Wuhan lab but that there was evidence it was a possibility. Scientists who said that people who get infected have some natural immunity but they were shut down. We know with many diseases people who get a disease and recover do have some level of immunity. Why were scientists who said that this may occur with Covid were shut down. 

Woke is a lot of things but a Stirling example of free speech it is not. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

This take is the reason racism still exists.

Speaking truth. We all know it. The goal is to rebuke it and continue to strive for better. Period 

• Facepalm 1