Bo Jackson Video

Aubie7

I remember seeing the 90+ yarder, the running over of Bosworth and the All-Star Game homer, on TV. I got to see Bo twice against Bamar while he was at AU.... And all I can say is that he was a star that shown VERY brightly, and then burned out, with the injury. He was the greatest total package I ever saw...and I saw Mays, Musial, Aaron and even Namath in NY with the Jets, plus the four consecutive NY Islander Stanley Cup teams...ALL in person. And I still don't think there will EVER be another one like Bo.

:au::homer:

Very sad. Bo was and is in my opinion, the greatest RB that :au: has ever had and probably will ever have. If you were to put Ronnie and Carnell together, you'd have a Bo Jackson. Carnell is speed and Ronnie is pure power, Bo was a combination of both and that is what I liked about him. Its really sad the way his career ended. I was watching about a week ago on ESPN Classic, they showed :uga: vs. :au: from 1983. :au: won and I was watching Bo run the ball as a Sophomore totally dominate with his running. It took like 3 Bulldogs to take him down cause if it were just 1 guy trying to stop Bo, Bo would have run right over him. The running play that dominated the Bulldog defense was the wishbone. Randy Campbell would snap the ball and either hand it off to Bo or Lionel James and they would just keep you guessing as to who would get the ball. It was a great game and the final score was :au: 13- :uga: 7.

I cried the day Bo got hurt. He was and would have been the greatest RB the NFL would have ever seen. I believe he would have been atop the record books and Emmit would have been chasing him. He looked like a man among boys in college and a giant among men in the NFL.

Thanks for that link. Bo was an awesome athlete and is a great human being - to take the cards that were dealt him the way he did shows class. :au:

Vincent "Bo" Jackson (my hand is currently covering my heart) is the greatest athlete of the 20th century. The best running back to ever lace up the cleates, too.

Run, Bo, Run

the run against the 49ers, was that hit on Ronnie Lott???

173667[/snapback]

oh yeah it was lott. did you see the little look bo gave him just before the clip cut out? nice.

the run against the 49ers, was that hit on Ronnie Lott???

173667[/snapback]

oh yeah it was lott. did you see the little look bo gave him just before the clip cut out? nice.

173697[/snapback]

That clip showed Bo humbling 2 of the greatest NFL safties of all time. Bo showed is power against a viscious hitter in Lott. In the clip of the game against the Seahawks, one of the 2 players that Bo runs by, even though they have the angle on him, is Kenny Easley . Easley was a ferocious hitter but obviously didn't quite have Bo's speed... :D Both Kenny's and Bo's careers were cut short prematurely due to injuries/health issues.

Sad, what could have been, for both players.

:au:

Archived