2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

On 8/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, AUwent said:

That he calls himself "A-Train" makes me fear he'll literally run through defenses. 😵

Sounds like he belongs here then…we have a Cadillac, had a Tank, now we need A-Train 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Sounds like he belongs here then…we have a Cadillac, had a Tank, now we need A-Train 

Our first train was little train (Lionel James).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Our first train was little train (Lionel James).

True, true! Let’s keep the tradition going 

Edited by AUINSY

Unfortunately, my son plays for Houston County. And witnessed this firsthand tonight. A-train was no joke. Scored one touchdown with one shoe and outran the whole team. Looks patient behind the line of scrimmage until he spots a hole and shoots out like a bullet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rivals100 RB updates recruitment

COLUMBIA, Ala. — As one of the top players in the 2025 class, running back is taking it week by week.

He thinks about his recruitment often, but before he makes his decision, he wants to make sure he's got the right school figured out.

"I feel like I’m ready sometime, but I just want to make sure," Henderson said. "When I commit, I’m locked in. I’m not flipping, I’m not de-committing."

Alvin Henderson is one of the best running backs in the 2025 class. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

The four-star led Elba to another victory Friday night over Houston County, accounting for five touchdowns in the first half before resting for the remainder of the evening. Not only did he run the ball, but he also had a nice catch to start the game.

It's something he's been working on this offseason to make him a more versatile player.

"I know a lot of coaches know that I can run the ball, but they want to be able to see me get out in space and catch the ball more," Henderson said. "That’s the main thing I’m working on. I worked on it all summer, so I’m trying to translate it to my game."

The Tigers won with ease — dominating Houston County 49-14 — before heading back to Elba. Henderson won't have much time to rest before making his own road trip Saturday, going to see Alabama take on Texas in Tuscaloosa.

Alabama is one of several programs making a strong push for Henderson, along with Auburn, Georgia and Florida State. There are others still heavily involved, but those four schools are programs he's planning to visit soon.

Henderson could make the trip to Georgia next weekend or even Auburn again. He'll for sure be in Auburn for the Georgia game Sept. 30 and would like to get back to Florida State in October.

What''s got Auburn in contention?

"The main thing that sticks out to me about Auburn is Coach Cadillac (Williams) and all the people that work around there," Henderson said. "Everytime I’m talking to them and going up there, they’re showing me why they want me to come up there. They never mention anything about football. They told me day one, 'We know what you can do. The only thing we gotta do now is build a relationship with you and your family and to get you here."

5'10" | 190 lbs | RB | 2025

Auburn's coaching staff is pushing hard, but so are members of the 2024 class for Henderson to join them on the Plains. Guys like , , , and Henderson's cousin, , made their pitch last week.

"Every time I’m talking to [Burnette], he’s like ‘Man, what you waiting on, go ahead and make the move," Henderson said.

When it comes down to it, there's no telling when a decision could come. It could come soon, or it could come after his season. Henderson is focused on making the right decision for himself and his family — a decision he wants to make once, and only once.

"I want to go to a college that has good academics," Henderson said. "So when I leave there after football is over, I’m glad I chose this school because I’m the man that my mom wanted me to always be."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Henderson takes note of AU's rushing attack

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

For running back Alvin Henderson, Auburn's game against Georgia was encouraging.

Although the Tigers lost the game, their rushing attack proved that it could get it done against one of the top teams in the nation. The No. 39 recruit in the 2025 class saw Auburn give Georgia problems with its ground game, rushing for a total of 219 yards.

It was the most rushing yardage the Bulldogs had given up in a game since 2018.

"I like that, because when you’re running the ball like that, it opens up the pass game for the quarterback to be able to succeed," Henderson said. "When you start throwing the ball, it’s an opportunity to be able to get the running backs the ball too. I like a balanced offense overall."

Saturday was Henderson's second trip to Auburn this season, as he visited for the UMass game, but Georgia is a much different opponent. Even though Auburn lost 27-20, seeing the Tigers go head-to-head was a big deal.

"With Georgia being the higher ranked team, Auburn showed today that they can compete with one of the best teams in the country," Henderson said.

Auburn was without Damari Alston, one of its lead running backs, but Henderson kept an eye on Jarquez Hunter and Brian Battie in the backfield.

"I take it in perspective like what it would be like if I come here," Henderson said. "After my senior year and I get ready to come to college, like how can I see myself fitting in with the Auburn program and the players and the coaches."

Henderson has been open about a timeline for a commitment, noting that it could be soon or it could be later. It's about getting the right feeling at the right time the four-star running back, who continues to consider Auburn as one of his favorites.

Programs heavy in the mix include Georgia, Florida State, Oregon, Alabama, Texas and others.

However, it's only a matter of time before Henderson returns to the Plains. He'll visit Oct. 21 for the Ole Miss game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

11.5 ypc

👀

This isn’t a knock on the guy, he’s a great talent and I hope we get him, but he’s playing against the weakest competition in Alabama so those stats are a little misleading 

• Like 1