2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

I've given up on him.  Waiting for months that he was gonna pop and we know that hasn't happened. If he really wanted to go to Auburn he would be helping us recruit allready.

I don't understand our fan base at times. He seems to be leaning to Auburn but has not pulled the trigger which seems to have upset some fans. He has done nothing wrong. He is just exploring his options. I hope he signs with us but if not we will get another rb.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Does it really matter any more if a guy has committed or not? Committed to AU, elsewhere or not? In today's recruiting world "Committed" means nothing more than "today's favorite that could change at any time."  It's sad, but that's how it is.

Flavor of the Month!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 9:06 AM, Mikey said:

Does it really matter any more if a guy has committed or not? Committed to AU, elsewhere or not? In today's recruiting world "Committed" means nothing more than "today's favorite that could change at any time."  It's sad, but that's how it is.

Yes it does. NIL has changed the game and more players are changing after commitment, but great majority stay with original commitment. So it is still better to get a commitment then trying to get a player to switch.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yes it does. NIL has changed the game and more players are changing after commitment, but great majority stay with original commitment. So it is still better to get a co.mitment then trying to get aplayer to switch.

And, even though the commitment may not stick, it may influence other highly rated players to take a closer look at Auburn.  They may think "if it's good enough for Alvin it may be good enough for me too".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinman1 said:

And, even though the commitment may not stick, it may influence other highly rated players to take a closer look at Auburn.  They may think "if it's good enough for Alvin it may be good enough for me too".

That’s exactly what Simon and Theodore said when Alvin committed to Dave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

👋👋👋👋

54 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Damn I'm old, I totally understood that.    

• Like 1

One if the major things I still dont understand about NIL is the agreement phase. We pay you blah blah $$$ and you agree (contract) to play for us. After your agreement we at least somewhat back off recruiting your position because you will fill that need/position. You then decommit after agreement, especially late in the cycle, we're at least partially screwed. Right? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

One if the major things I still dont understand about NIL is the agreement phase. We pay you blah blah $$$ and you agree (contract) to play for us. After your agreement we at least somewhat back off recruiting your position because you will fill that need/position. You then decommit after agreement, especially late in the cycle, we're at least partially screwed. Right? 

I'd hope that no school pays much in NIL until the prospect has at least signed and enrolled in classes.

I believe he will announce on the day of the spring game. It's expected that Auburn is the choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

I believe he will announce on the day of the spring game. It's expected that Auburn is the choice.

Miami is buying momma

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Miami is buying momma

So you're saying he's going to Miami?

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

I believe he will announce on the day of the spring game.

@Zeek Day before. He's committing Friday the 5th, I believe at noon. A Day is Aplril 6th.

• Like 1

Just changed his announcement date to April 11th per JLee. Incidentally Miami's spring game is April 13th.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just changed his announcement date to April 11th per JLee. Incidentally Miami's spring game is April 13th.

That sounds disappointing?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishepa said:

So you're saying he's going to Miami?

This morning I would've said no. Now, ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Miami is buying momma

Yup, this one has been weird. Felt like he’s been waiting for too long.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, this one has been weird. Felt like he’s been waiting for too long.

He's been playing games for a year.