2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

21 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

He had a Miami towel at the game as well. I do not think it matters.

Everyone knows that towels are never signs...    Only sweat bands!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elba and Alvin Henderson lose 24-27 in their semifinal game against Leroy. Henderson had some yards but really did not look special at all to me. I will just say that Elba looked WAY better but not coached well. Elba dominated but gave up 4 pass plays to lose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Elba and Alvin Henderson lose 24-27 in their semifinal game against Leroy. Henderson had some yards but really did not look special at all to me. I will just say that Elba looked WAY better but not coached well. Elba dominated but gave up 4 pass plays to lose.

Leroy is the defending 1A champion. This was not going to be an easy game for Elba. I do not nor did I care who won this game but I hope Leroy kills Coosa Christian in the title game. Now back to your regularly scheduled Alvin Henderson thread. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Leroy is the defending 1A champion. This was not going to be an easy game for Elba. I do not nor did I care who won this game but I hope Leroy kills Coosa Christian in the title game. Now back to your regularly scheduled Alvin Henderson thread. 

Leroy seemed to be very well coached and I did not expect it to be an easy game for Elba, but Elba's size and speed this year is unusal even for Elba. Elba was much bigger but the Leroy OL did well. It was frustrating for me, an Elba fan, because Leroy kept exploiting their one big advantage by passing to their very good receiver #3 for 3 TDs in the first half. Elba didn't seem to adjust their defense to try to contain him until Elba was down 20-7. Leroy didn't score in the second half until the completed a 30ish yard pass to a wide open receiver on 4th down and 4 with 46 seconds left in the game down 24-20 to win 27-24.. It reminded me of another heartbreaker I watched last weekend. 🤮 I will be pulling for Leroy in the championship game.

Back to the topic, Henderson looked good (though the camera did not show close enough to see how hard he ran). He had a 70+ yard TD run and at least one other TD run.

12 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Reportedly Cadillac doing due diligence in attendance at Elba v Leroy game last night.

Yep, he was there

IMG_6197.jpeg

• Love 1

On 9/3/2023 at 1:10 PM, bigbird said:

Just a matter of time. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

any day now

It feels like we have been waiting on this kid to pop forever.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It feels like we have been waiting on this kid to pop forever.  

If memory serves me correct, at least six months, right @bigbird?

Is AH really a special talent whose game/ measurables will likely translate to SEC success? I know he’s set to break all kinda AHSAA records, but I’m always leery of bringing in 1A/2A ringers… guys like Boobie Whitlow and Clint Mosley come to mind. When fellow AHSAA all-timer guys like Asa Martin or Roc Thomas crap out, then I’m really suspect about guys like AH who don’t play at those higher divisions. 

49 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Is AH really a special talent whose game/ measurables will likely translate to SEC success? I know he’s set to break all kinda AHSAA records, but I’m always leery of bringing in 1A/2A ringers… guys like Boobie Whitlow and Clint Mosley come to mind. When fellow AHSAA all-timer guys like Asa Martin or Roc Thomas crap out, then I’m really suspect about guys like AH who don’t play at those higher divisions. 

I would not call Boobie a bust😀.   In 2 years at AU he rushed for over 1,500 yards and scored 18 TDs.   His issue was in leaving Auburn.  He said he needed to get further from home...  Then COVID hit, then he had a child.   His issue wasn't lack of talent.  Roc of course was from 6A Oxford.  It is hard to know.   Alan Evans was rated higher than Bo.  We know how that turned out.  Electron Williams...  You are smart to raise the question.   I think the answer is -- wait and see....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I would not call Boobie a bust😀.   In 2 years at AU he rushed for over 1,500 yards and scored 18 TDs.   His issue was in leaving Auburn.  He said he needed to get further from home...  Then COVID hit, then he had a child.   His issue wasn't lack of talent.  Roc of course was from 6A Oxford.  It is hard to know.   Alan Evans was rated higher than Bo.  We know how that turned out.  Electron Williams...  You are smart to raise the question.   I think the answer is -- wait and see....

Had to play through a ton of injuries too. He was the most injured guy that rarely actually sat out games for injury lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Had to play through a ton of injuries too. He was the most injured guy that rarely actually sat out games for injury lol 

I didn't mean for my AH post to turn into a "Boobie sucked" take. I just threw him in there with Clint Mosley because he put up ridiculous numbers in HS at LaFayette and then didn't amount to enduring success at AU. He certainly did not suck; he did have some good runs and a few good games, but his fumblitis put him in Gus's doghouse for the last time and he wasn't going to be seeing the field much thereafter imo. Of course, being an offensive "weapon" in Gus's or Chip Lindsey's or Dillingham's or whoever's offense after Nick Marshall era was a dangerous thing to be, as Gus didn't have much of an O-line after 2017 and famously crapped his draws on managing skill players.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:01 AM, tigeraddikt said:

But you have to point out some positive outcomes as well. Sammie Coates played at 1A/2A Leroy High School. Played in the NFL. Terrell Zachary was a good WR for Auburn. He came from 1A/2A Wadley High School. 

• Like 1

Nobody commenting on my bad dad joke of boobie not being a bust..  Get it.  2 boobies=a bust.   Never mind.   I'm too far close to insanity to be funny.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Nobody commenting on my bad dad joke of boobie not being a bust..  Get it.  2 boobies=a bust.   Never mind.   I'm too far close to insanity to be funny.....

A Boobie does not a bust make.

• Haha 3

On 12/12/2023 at 6:10 PM, LPTiger said:

tumblr_mslql1zNKC1sqv808o1_500.gif&f=1&n

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Little bit of smoke around this kid lately but went quiet after I heard it. Gonna be a big time recruit that AU needs to land.

Auburn Facing Stiff Recruiting Competition For Elite RB Recruit

Will Auburn be able to land a top in-state prospect?

Brian SmithFeb 3, 2024 9:39 AM EST

Regardless of which schools come after this priority recruit for Auburn, the Tigers must win the battle.

Even before a 2024 recruiting class that did not include a running back, Alvin Henderson has been a priority for the Auburn coaching staff. Now that Auburn did not sign a running back in the prior class, Henderson coming from the southern part of Alabama, and being an elite player, there's no question Auburn needs to land him. Here's how he performed last season.

According to Max Preps, the Elba (Ala.) High School standout is coming off a junior campaign with 3,523 yards and 61 touchdowns on the ground. Henderson also came away from the 2023 season with 5 receptions, 124 yards, and 1 touchdown.

Auburn had been trending for Rivals #25 recruit in the class of 2025. While there's no reason to believe Hugh Freeze and his staff have not continued to be a frontrunner, there have been several head coaches and top assistants who stopped by Elba High School to recruit him.

The race has gone into high gear.

Coaches like Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin and Miami's Mario Cristobal are just two of several that stopped in to see Henderson. As a point to the latter coach, Henderson visited the University of Miami on Jan. 27. 

The Canes are definitely in the race for Henderson as he also took an unofficial visit to Miami during this past season. Now several other teams are truly coming after him.

On Feb. 1 alone, Henderson's X timeline shows him with coaches like Kiffin from the Rebels, a photo with Ole Miss running backs coach Kevin Smith, plus running backs coach Norval McKenzie from Georgia Tech.

On Jan. 31, it was Alabama's Kalen DeBoer and some of his assistants visitingHenderson, along with Georgia head man Kirby Smart stopping by with running backs coach Dell McGee on the same day.

Henderson has proven to be incredibly talented so it's not shocking that teams are doing their best to sign him, but there's also the fact that Auburn no longer has running backs coach Cadillac Williams on the staff; he was close with the talented running back.

Fortunately for Auburn, newly hired offensive coordinator and running backs coach Derrick Nix is making an impact as well. He was just in Elba to see Henderson on the basketball court. The following photo is from Feb. 1.

Nix was a prime recruiter for Kiffin at Ole Miss and he will be a valued addition to Auburn's recruiting efforts. He's an important factor for Auburn in their efforts to sign Henderson.

Besides the schools mentioned above, Florida State, Penn State, and Tennessee are three more schools trying to land Henderson. That being said, the following has long since been the bottom line for Auburn no matter how the competition might be.

Henderson is a special talent from Auburn's home recruiting base within the state of Alabama, it's a position of need in the 2025 recruiting class, and he's a difference-maker.

Henderson is a must-have prospect for Auburn's recruiting efforts.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Little bit of smoke around this kid lately but went quiet after I heard it. Gonna be a big time recruit that AU needs to land.

Auburn Facing Stiff Recruiting Competition For Elite RB Recruit

Will Auburn be able to land a top in-state prospect?

Brian SmithFeb 3, 2024 9:39 AM EST

Regardless of which schools come after this priority recruit for Auburn, the Tigers must win the battle.

Even before a 2024 recruiting class that did not include a running back, Alvin Henderson has been a priority for the Auburn coaching staff. Now that Auburn did not sign a running back in the prior class, Henderson coming from the southern part of Alabama, and being an elite player, there's no question Auburn needs to land him. Here's how he performed last season.

According to Max Preps, the Elba (Ala.) High School standout is coming off a junior campaign with 3,523 yards and 61 touchdowns on the ground. Henderson also came away from the 2023 season with 5 receptions, 124 yards, and 1 touchdown.

Auburn had been trending for Rivals #25 recruit in the class of 2025. While there's no reason to believe Hugh Freeze and his staff have not continued to be a frontrunner, there have been several head coaches and top assistants who stopped by Elba High School to recruit him.

The race has gone into high gear.

Coaches like Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin and Miami's Mario Cristobal are just two of several that stopped in to see Henderson. As a point to the latter coach, Henderson visited the University of Miami on Jan. 27. 

The Canes are definitely in the race for Henderson as he also took an unofficial visit to Miami during this past season. Now several other teams are truly coming after him.

On Feb. 1 alone, Henderson's X timeline shows him with coaches like Kiffin from the Rebels, a photo with Ole Miss running backs coach Kevin Smith, plus running backs coach Norval McKenzie from Georgia Tech.

On Jan. 31, it was Alabama's Kalen DeBoer and some of his assistants visitingHenderson, along with Georgia head man Kirby Smart stopping by with running backs coach Dell McGee on the same day.

Henderson has proven to be incredibly talented so it's not shocking that teams are doing their best to sign him, but there's also the fact that Auburn no longer has running backs coach Cadillac Williams on the staff; he was close with the talented running back.

Fortunately for Auburn, newly hired offensive coordinator and running backs coach Derrick Nix is making an impact as well. He was just in Elba to see Henderson on the basketball court. The following photo is from Feb. 1.

Nix was a prime recruiter for Kiffin at Ole Miss and he will be a valued addition to Auburn's recruiting efforts. He's an important factor for Auburn in their efforts to sign Henderson.

Besides the schools mentioned above, Florida State, Penn State, and Tennessee are three more schools trying to land Henderson. That being said, the following has long since been the bottom line for Auburn no matter how the competition might be.

Henderson is a special talent from Auburn's home recruiting base within the state of Alabama, it's a position of need in the 2025 recruiting class, and he's a difference-maker.

Henderson is a must-have prospect for Auburn's recruiting efforts.

Even before Carnell left, Henderson just never seemed ready to pull the trigger for AU. Im glad theyve started talking to Akylin Dear(prob due to Nix). We need two good backs and Id love to land Henderson but he seems to be keeping all options open.

Ten years ago I'd say he was waiting for the REC nudge.  Nowadays, it could be the UGA, Texas, FSU or Elsewhere U nudge.