2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

He's been playing games for a year.

Honestly, if there is one position I don't mind "missing" on a kid it's running back. They're a dime a dozen if any position is. He has looked impressive but against incredibly weak competition. 

Akylin Dear is a kid I would love to see us get if we could pry him away from Ole Miss.

Ousmane Krumah is another one that has visited who I like.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

South Beach

Chewacla 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ousmane Krumah

He's one I've wanted for a while.  

• Like 2

The game playing along with the new mercenary culture is an insufferable combo.  Is Alvin really that good?  Although I can’t recall the specific comment, a recruiting person a while back mentioned a possible reservation about AH and it made me question if we should pursue him at all.

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

Honestly, if there is one position I don't mind "missing" on a kid it's running back. They're a dime a dozen if any position is. He has looked impressive but against incredibly weak competition. 

Akylin Dear is a kid I would love to see us get if we could pry him away from Ole Miss.

Ousmane Krumah is another one that has visited who I like.

You also have to realize he has a massive O-line in front of him for 1A ball. He is good but a lot of backs would have led the state in rushing on that team. That being said, I hope he signs with AU and has a great career.

Edited by wildlife alumni
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

The game playing along with the new mercenary culture is an insufferable combo.  Is Alvin really that good?  Although I can’t recall the specific comment, a recruiting person a while back mentioned a possible reservation about AH and it made me question if we should pursue him at all.

It seems his value is just as much about being one of the top kids in state and that being a “feather in the cap” as opposed to an absolute can’t miss at RB. As Zeek and others have said, there are plenty of very capable RBs out there we could pursue, and probably kids that are better suited to come in and transition to college easier than AH from 1A. But missing out on a big name like that when you’re “supposed” to have had him locked down is disappointing.

That said, I remember plenty of recruits playing games well before NIL. AH just doesn’t seem to want to go to Auburn regardless, and if that’s the case, he might’ve done the same thing whether NIL existed or not. 

Per al.com today, they quote 4 folks at On3.  3 predict him to AU while the other predicts Penn State.  No predictions for Miami (which means that's who he probably chooses)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

Per al.com today, they quote 4 folks at On3.  3 predict him to AU while the other predicts Penn State.  No predictions for Miami (which means that's who he probably chooses)

He basically describes Penn St's backfield and current recruiting class when asked why he's committing to a school in this Duke Scoops interview on ON3. He added that AU wants the last official but he wants to see progress on the field. visit. https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/20kuu2HK

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

but he wants to see progress on the field

exactly. This will be the key for quite a few of the top recruits. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

He basically describes Penn St's backfield and current recruiting class when asked why he's committing to a school in this Duke Scoops interview on ON3. He added that AU wants the last official but he wants to see progress on the field. visit. https://cdn.jwplayer.com/previews/20kuu2HK

image.png

I can totally understand that.

16 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

but he wants to see progress on the field.

I know the feeling. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

I personally hope that we have moved on from Alvin! 

Because......?

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because......?

He's a walking headache.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's a walking headache.

Well, most of the recruiting guys on the pay sites seem to think he's going to end up as our walking headache if that's the case.

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, most of the recruiting guys on the pay sites seem to think he's going to end up as our walking headache if that's the case.

The game is to get numbers including the walking headaches while you work toward acquiring the players who will actually sign and play one season. You don't want your PR commitment list to be empty. That is the way I see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Because......?

From my perspective, including all of the times he set a date, he seems to be looking for any reason not to choose Auburn. I understand enjoying the process, but he seems to enjoy the drama…I’m not a fan of drama.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

From my perspective, including all of the times he set a date, he seems to be looking for any reason not to choose Auburn. I understand enjoying the process, but he seems to enjoy the drama…I’m not a fan of drama.

Could it be that he wants to get to know his running backs coach better. Wasn’t Caddy his primary recruiter. Personally I would prefer him to soak it all in and once he commits it’s a done deal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I don't have a problem with kids enjoying the process or even backing up commitment dates a few times while they make up their minds.  They don't owe us conformity to our timetables.  If he was committing and recommitting over and over, or telling our coaches one thing while planning to do something else the whole time just for "shock value," I'd see being turned off by it.

• Like 3

He’s a junior; we just hired a new OC/RB coach. 

I can understand him not wanting to make a commitment - up until now as well as taking OVs to other schools.  Heck these kids will only go through this experience 1 time as a 17-18 yo.

Committed to PSU. Sounds like as mentioned above proof of concept will be big for these recruits 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

I figured he’d commit to PSU. It keeps AU in the loop.  He’s pulling a “cam Colman” type deal when he committed to Tam.