2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, toddc said:

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw this pic is, why is he wearing Mickey Mouse ears?

• Haha 4

Just now, Tiger1992 said:

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw this pic is, why is he wearing Mickey Mouse ears?

Same here had to look twice to make sure it wasn't......

1 hour ago, Tiger1992 said:

I almost posted this too until I realized it was a reflection. 😝 

16 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

At one time wasn't Alvin rated a 5* recruit?

@tinman1 Yes. He was as high as #9 overall in the 2025 class but many more 2025 recruits have been evaluated & rated since then.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Elite 2025 RB Alvin Henderson makes first cut

Article written by:Chad Simmons

Alvin Henderson can go wherever he wants to go. The elite running back in the 2025 class reports 75 offers. He is a national recruit that exploded onto the scene as a freshman.

After visiting a long list of schools over the last year and a half, the No. 89 prospect in the On3 Industry Rankings is ready to make his first cut.

“Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee and USC are my top 10 schools,” Henderson told On3. “The reason those schools stand out are because they made time to recruit me since they offered. They have been by my school, they have made time for me on the phone and each head coach and staff has gotten to know me. Those things stood out to me.”

Since Aug. 1, each of these schools has been in regular contact with Henderson. Mike Norvell and Hugh Freeze were the first two coaches to reach out to the 5-foot-9, 185-pound running back out of Elba (Ala.).

“Each of these schools are now reaching out to me about twice a day. It is helping me with my relationships and that means a lot. It is the position coach, assistant coaches and they are not only talking with me, but they are showing me drills and showing me how they can use me.”

Henderson has visited each school on his list at least once outside of Arkansas, Miami and Penn State. He is eyeing visits to Coral Gables and Happy Valley early in the season.

Henderson is ready for the next step

A long list of schools has moved down his list. Ten have risen to the top. Henderson is ready to move forward with the process.

“I could commit at any time to be honest,” Henderson said. “I don’t think it is close, but I am just taking it day by day. My relationships are still growing with these schools. My connections with Auburn, Georgia, Florida State and Auburn are different because I have been around those programs more, but I still have my options open.

“I am not going to rush things. Now that I have my top 10, I will see what coaches want to build relationships, who wants to get me on campus and who wants to help. As I go through the season, I will take it slow, but by this time next year, I will be committed.”

The most important factors for Henderson now that he’s made his first cut are who steps up with their efforts to get to know him and his mom and who lays out the best plan for him to be successful on the next level

Edited by Paladin

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

My connections with Auburn, Georgia, Florida State and Auburn are different

Clearly he has Auburn on his mind!!!!

Of course he could be thinking about Auburn University and the University of Auburn.   🤷‍♂️

38 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Clearly he has Auburn on his mind!!!!

Of course he could be thinking about Auburn University and the University of Auburn.   🤷‍♂️

Noticed that as well preacher.   I wonder if that is the way it came out of his mouth or if the writer and editor dropped the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

2025 4-star RB Alvin Henderson visits Auburn

Collin Ginnan

(Photo: Jeffrey Lee, Auburn Live)

Elba (Ala.) 2025 four-star running back Alvin Henderson is on the Plains today visiting Auburn for the Tigers’ game against Massachusetts. 

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound tailback has taken at least three previous trips to Auburn and had this to say about the Tigers.

“I have great relationships at Auburn,” Henderson told On3. “It is a great atmosphere. I like what Coach Freeze is doing and I could see myself there.”

Auburn leads for Henderson in RPM

Henderson is the No. 88 overall prospect and No. 8 running back in the 2025 cycle according to the On3 Industry Ranking — a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 9 player in Alabama.

Auburn currently leads in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM) for Henderson. The RPM gives the Tigers an 88.1% chance to land his commitment. Auburn recruiting insider Cole Pinkston entered an expert prediction with a 60% confidence level for the Tigers back in June. On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons entered a pick of his own in favor of Auburn on Saturday afternoon.

Alabama and Florida State are distant competitors in the RPM at 4.4% and 3.3% respectively.

Already, two recruits have pledged to Auburn in the 2025 cycle. Highland Home (Ala.) four-star EDGE rusher Jakaleb Faulk committed to Auburn in late August and Opelika (Ala.) three-star defensive lineman Malik Autry pledged to the Tigers back in February.

• Love 2

He must have loved what he saw from both the O-line and the Running Backs. That should help his decision.

• Like 1