2025 4* RB Alvin Henderson

Chaotic_zx

I think Caddy not being there had to play into it as we saw what occurred when the dline coach moved on

I know the games arent exactly the same but with the way RB has been devalued by the pros, do college teams follow that pattern and decide to spend bigger money on other positions? And Henderson has had at least 5 teams supposedly leading the past year, Id say this is the preliminary commitment. 

41 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I figured he’d commit to PSU. It keeps AU in the loop.  He’s pulling a “cam Colman” type deal when he committed to Tam.  

Maybe…we were also helped with Coleman when Fisher failed.

This kid was all AU for nearly 2 years, then he was all Miami for a week, then winds up committing to PSU.  This is recruiting now.  And it’s not fun like it used to be.  🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This kid was all AU for nearly 2 years, then he was all Miami for a week, then winds up committing to PSU.  This is recruiting now.  And it’s not fun like it used to be.  🤷‍♂️

The beautiful thing about this is PSU has the challenge of hanging on to him. If Auburn has a good season I can see him flipping. I think some want to see where the program is heading first 

3 hours ago, e808 said:

I think Caddy not being there had to play into it as we saw what occurred when the dline coach moved on

Yeah this is the biggest thing. When Caddy left that pretty much guaranteed we weren’t getting his commitment. AU should still talk to him, I feel like this isn’t over yet

• Like 1

I bet he flips to AU if CHF wants him.
 This is all NIL positioning.  We will see if CHF calls his bluff.  No way his family would want to travel to PSU for equal or close to equal NIL.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out.  The kid may end up regretting his commitment to PSU if AU moves on and gets someone else to take his spot.  CHF did not sign a RB in the 2024 class for a reason.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

This is all NIL positioning.  We will see if CHF calls his bluff.  No way his family would want to travel to PSU for equal or close to equal NIL.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out.  The kid may end up regretting his commitment to PSU if AU moves on and gets someone else to take his spot.  CHF did not sign a RB in the 2024 class for a reason.

One November or December trip to Pennsylvania may cause him to rethink that decision.  
It’s definitely all about the NIL with this kid.  
I’d prefer to move on.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

True enough, but in this day and age, why chase someone who it appears is playing games? As soon as this NIL crap comes under some sort of control, which will need to happen to save the sport, don’t waste time on kids that jerk the University around. If they’re getting paid, time they are treated as such. Live with your choices or suffer potential heartbreaks. I’m so damn sick of the college game now and how it’s been torn apart by money. Good riddance to that diva of a kid, whose position produces numerous talented kids that may still think differently and don’t need a special day to announce. We lost a TB to PSU a few years ago, highly recruited, but he hasn’t ever become one of the most talked about TB’s. I say move on and forget this kid as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would have been a nice pickup, but I don't think Henderson is a world beater at all. Definitely not one so good that he's worth drama or games. There's definitely better out there, but whether we have a shot at those, who knows. Funny how I care zero about recruiting now. It's all a joke.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2

With decent OL and 4-5 star QB CHF will find a RB or 2 to help Cobb out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

True enough, but in this day and age, why chase someone who it appears is playing games? As soon as this NIL crap comes under some sort of control, which will need to happen to save the sport, don’t waste time on kids that jerk the University around. If they’re getting paid, time they are treated as such. Live with your choices or suffer potential heartbreaks. I’m so damn sick of the college game now and how it’s been torn apart by money. Good riddance to that diva of a kid, whose position produces numerous talented kids that may still think differently and don’t need a special day to announce. We lost a TB to PSU a few years ago, highly recruited, but he hasn’t ever become one of the most talked about TB’s. I say move on and forget this kid as well. 

I don’t think it’s mostly about the money. A key point is he wants to see how Auburn performs.  This thought won’t be exclusive to him. I believe this season will be critical in which direction the program is going. If Auburn does well I believe it would be easy to flip him IMO

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I don’t think it’s mostly about the money. A key point is he wants to see how Auburn performs.  This thought won’t be exclusive to him. I believe this season will be critical in which direction the program is going. If Auburn does well I believe it would be easy to flip him IMO

I see that point as well. Good thoughts 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, e808 said:

I don’t blame anyone. I’d be the same way. After watching that disgrace in 2023 I’d tell High to show me or kick rocks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, e808 said:

With the diva style of his recruitment and constant games this kid played constantly with multiple staffs? Nil is the only thing that matters to this kid. He will be a multiple transfer player and won’t make a big impact on the college level is my guess. He’s a 1A high school player in Alabama. Fans only wanted him for his ranking. Plus it’s the least important position on the field in today’s football. You can find production anywhere when it comes to rbs these days.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

With the diva style of his recruitment and constant games this kid played constantly with multiple staffs? Nil is the only thing that matters to this kid. He will be a multiple transfer player and won’t make a big impact on the college level is my guess. He’s a 1A high school player in Alabama. Fans only wanted him for his ranking. Plus it’s the least position on the field in today’s football. You can find production anywhere when it comes to rbs these days.

I don't know about the fans, but the staff sure as hell wanted him. 

I don't disagree that we can do without him. 

• Like 1