2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

count them as prospects we are already on.

I know.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I guess I’m asking about guys that we either haven’t been heavily pursuing to date or that you could see us pursing in the near future.

I have no clue and I don't try to guess on who the staff goes after. I just wait til info gets posted and pass it on.

• Like 2

Amazed at the foundation this staff has accomplished prior to the season. We still have the transfer portal as well, which we know they can work. Now if the field results are promising , oh boy , we may have something 

• Like 9

Who could be next up for Auburn

Auburn's 2024 class is starting to take shape.

The Tigers added four-star defensive end Saturday afternoon, as the momentum keeps rolling on the Plains. That's three straight Saturday's with a commitment for Hugh Freeze and company.

and made the move July 29, was Aug. 5 and now Lindsey on Aug. 12.

Who could be the next commit for the Tigers? Let's take a look at three targets that could be honing in on a decision

Kamarion Franklin is set to announce his decision Aug. 19. (Rivals.com)

1. Kamarion Franklin (DE - Lake Cormorant, Miss.)

Five-star defensive end is set to announce his decision a week from today on Aug. 19. He's narrowed down to five schools, although it sounds like two schools have begun to separate themselves.

Auburn and Tennessee appear to be the leaders right now, as a visit right before the dead period to Auburn paid huge dividends in Franklin's recruitment. The Tigers are pushing hard for Franklin to join Lindsey and along the defensive line.

Could the momentum carry over and Auburn land its fourth straight Saturday commit? We'll see how this one plays out.

6'6" | 255 lbs | SDE | 2024

2. DeAndre Carter (OL - Santa Ana, Calif.)

Ever since visited for Big Cat Weekend, the belief is that Auburn is the school to beat for the 6-foot-5 offensive lineman.

It's truly a race between Auburn, Texas and Michigan State, but it doesn't feel like any school has drawn as much interest as Auburn. Without an offensive lineman committed in the 2024 class, a lot of effort has been poured into Carter by the Tigers.

A decision could come by the end of the month, but Auburn seems to be in a great spot with the Santa Ana, Calif, native heading into the fall.

6'5" | 345 lbs | OT | 2024

3. Zaquan Patterson (S - Hollywood, Fla.)

Sure, Auburn missed out on top safety when Bolden committed to Florida State last week, but there's another guy out there to keep tabs on.

Fellow five-star was in town for Big Cat Weekend, but being in Auburn isn't anything new to the 6-foot-1 Chaminade Madonna star. He's been visiting Auburn since he was a kid and it was seemingly easy to put the Tigers in his top five, along with Michigan,Ohio State, Florida State and Miami.

The decision date is set for Aug. 22, but even then, it might not be final. With the goal of committing before the season, Patterson will take five official visits throughout the fall. 

There are two ways to look at this.

If it's Auburn — great. The Tigers add another high caliber player, but will have to fight to hold on to him. 

If it's not Auburn — there's still a chance for Freeze to do what he did so well last winter: flip top targets at the last minute.

6'1" | 195 lbs | S | 2024

BONUS: Jakaleb Faulk (OLB - Highland Home, Ala.)

Looking ahead in the 2025 class, Auburn could potentially add a second member to its next class when announces his decision Aug. 21.

It's a five-team race for the younger brother of Keldric Faulk, between Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Clemson. The feeling is that Faulk might be leaning toward an in-state school like Auburn or Alabama, but it might be tough to beat the Tigers in this one.

6'3" | 220 lbs | OLB | 2025

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

All that and to only be number 17, thats bonkers 

Seems a little off, doesn't it?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where we are still more in the SEC rankings. It’s crazy 😜 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We’re way better than 17th!   I will gladly take the over on this class!

Some of the guys on that list are underrated.   WW, for example, CHF believes he’s the #1 QB in the whole class.  He’s at least better than #245 overall!!   Perry and JP are underrated on that list too, IMHO.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DAG said:

@DAG If we get Frankin & Zaquan in the next week we jump all the way to 6th on Rivals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Two Auburn commits are prime candidates to win Alabama's Mr. Football in 2023

Taylor Jones

Auburn has found early success by locking in several of the state of Alabama’s top recruits for the 2024 cycle.

In the latest update from 247Sports, three of the state’s top 10 recruits, and nine of the top 25, are committed to Auburn. Two of those prized commits are considered to be candidates for the state of Alabama’s top award heading into the 2023 season.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Ben Thomas of AL.com recently revealed his top 20 candidates to win Mr. Football for the state of Alabama this season, and two of Auburn’s 2024 commits are in consideration for the postseason award.

The first Auburn commit mentioned is four-star running back J'Marion Burnette. Burnette is the state’s No. 14 prospect and is poised to have another great season for Andalusia High School.

As a junior, he rushed for 1,473 yards and 17 TDs on 187 carries in just 11 games. He missed Andalusia’s state semifinal and state championship game after suffering a concussion in the quarterfinals. A healthy Burnette should pile up huge rushing statistics again.

Next up is the Tigers’ top commit for the cycle, five-star wide receiver Perry Thompson. Thompson flipped his commitment from Alabama to Auburn during Big Cat Weekend in July and looks to finish his high school career in a big way as a two-way player for Clay-Chalkville.

A first-team Class 7A All-State receiver as a junior a year ago, Thompson caught 87 passes for 1,059 yards and 9 TDs for the Region 1 champions. He also had a pair of interceptions on defense and could play more on that side of the ball as a senior.

Although not committed, Auburn target Alvin Henderson is also in the mix to win the award. Henderson is a four-star running back for the 2025 class and is the No. 10 player at his position. Last season at Elba, he rushed for over 200 yards per game.

Historically, ten winners of Alabama’s Mr. Football award have signed with Auburn. Bo Nix was the last Auburn signee to with the award, doing so in 2019. Kerryon Johnson, Cadillac Williams, Demarco McNeil, and brandon cox are other notable Auburn players to win the award.

• Like 1

Any new names added to the recruiting board that can be shared? Or will we be close to done if we add 4 out of Z. Patterson, Kam Franklin, Deandre Carter, Bradley Shaw, and Dimitry Nicolas?

I heard about a couple of potential flip candidates for RB (Louisville commit) and OL (including Kalil House), but that chatter seems to have died down. Also, any change in the status of Reese Baker, Wyatt Simmons or potential TE targets? 

Edited by HAPvsOA

• Paladin changed the title to 2024 3* OT Edwin Favour - McDonough, GA
1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Any new names added to the recruiting board that can be shared? Or will we be close to done if we add 4 out of Z. Patterson, Kam Franklin, Deandre Carter, Bradley Shaw, and Dimitry Nicolas?

Would be close to done on D but still want to add more on O. Counting the guys above the staff still wants to add

1 RB
0-1 WR
1 TE
3-5 OL
1-2 DL
1 LB
1-2 S

As for new names we will add them when we hear about them.

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Also, any change in the status of Reese Baker, Wyatt Simmons or potential TE targets? 

Baker is believed to not be a take for AU. Simmons has been quiet & has apparently fallen behind Shaw for our last LB spot. On TE we are still working Roger Saleapaga and expect to OV in the fall.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Also, any change in the status of Reese Baker, Wyatt Simmons or potential TE targets? 

No

Just saw E answered much more eloquently.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just saw E answered much more eloquently.

I'm from LA, Lower Alabama. I promise you E & eloquent has never remotely been in the same sentence given my accent.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm from LA, Lower Alabama. I promise you E & eloquent has never remotely been in the same sentence given my accent.

Great, now imma gon read you all’s posts wid one o dem dare suthin draws. 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Great, now imma gon read you all’s posts wid one o dem dare suthin draws. 😝 

Best Darn Tootin GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 2

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2

I will update the OP eventually too but this is where we're at without all the scratches:

• Quarterback (1)
    • 4* Walker White / AU Commit
  • Running Back (2)
    • 4* J'Marrion "Phat" Burnett / AU Commit
    • 4* Duke Watson / UL Commit
    • 4* Kevin Riley / Miami Commit
  • Wide Receiver (4-5)
    • 4* Bryce Cain / AU Commit
    • 5* Perry Thompson / AU Commit
    • 4* Malcolm Simmons / AU Commit
    • 4* Ny Carr / UGA Commit
    • 4* Mario Craver
    • 5* Cam Coleman / TAMU Commit
  • Tight End (2)
    • 3* Martavious Collins / AU Commit
    • 5* Landen Thomas / FSU Commit
    • 4* Amir Jackson / UF Commit
    • 4* Roger Saleapaga
  • Offensive Line (4-5)
    • 4* DeAndre Carter
    • 3* Reese Baker
    • 3* TJ Lockhart / MSU Commit
    • 3* Kahlil House / SU Commit
    • 4* Coen Nichols / TAMU Commit
    • 3* Jude Foster / OM Commit
    • 3* Navarro Schunke
    • 3* Favour Edwin
  • Defensive Line (4)
    • 3* Malik Blocton / AU Commit
    • 4* TJ Lindsey / AU Commit
    • 3* Dimitry Nicolas
    • 4* LJ McCray
  • Linebacker (4)
    • 5* Demarcus Riddick / AU Commit
    • 4* Joseph Phillips / AU Commit
    • 3* D'Angelo Barber / AU Commit
    • 4* Bradley Shaw
    • 3* Wyatt Simmons
  • Cornerback (3)
    • 4* Jayden Lewis / AU Commit
    • 4* Jalyn Crawford / AU Commit
    • 4* Jalewis Solomon / AU Commit
  • Safeties & Nickels (3-4)
    • 4* A'Mon Lane / AU Commit
    • 4* Kensley Faustin / AU Commit
    • 4* Zaquan Patterson 
    • 5* KJ Bolden / FSU Commit

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

I thought you said you were from Prattville, so I assumed you were influenced by those Air Force kids. My mental image of E has been forever altered. 😁

Edited by HAPvsOA

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will update the OP eventually too but this is where we're at without all the scratches:

• Quarterback (1)
    • 4* Walker White / AU Commit
  • Running Back (4-5)
    • 4* J'Marrion "Phat" Burnett / AU Commit
    • 4* Duke Watson / UL Commit
    • 4* Kevin Riley / Miami Commit
  • Wide Receiver (4-5)
    • 4* Bryce Cain / AU Commit
    • 5* Perry Thompson / AU Commit
    • 4* Malcolm Simmons / AU Commit
    • 4* Ny Carr / UGA Commit
    • 4* Mario Craver
    • 5* Cam Coleman / TAMU Commit
  • Tight End (2)
    • 3* Martavious Collins / AU Commit
    • 5* Landen Thomas / FSU Commit
    • 4* Amir Jackson / UF Commit
    • 4* Roger Saleapaga
  • Offensive Line (4-5)
    • 4* DeAndre Carter
    • 3* Reese Baker
    • 3* TJ Lockhart / MSU Commit
    • 3* Kahlil House / SU Commit
    • 4* Coen Nichols / TAMU Commit
    • 3* Jude Foster / OM Commit
    • 3* Navarro Schunke
    • 3* Favour Edwin
  • Defensive Line (4)
    • 3* Malik Blocton / AU Commit
    • 4* TJ Lindsey / AU Commit
    • 3* Dimitry Nicolas
    • 4* LJ McCray
  • Linebacker (4)
    • 5* Demarcus Riddick / AU Commit
    • 4* Joseph Phillips / AU Commit
    • 3* D'Angelo Barber / AU Commit
    • 4* Bradley Shaw
    • 3* Wyatt Simmons
  • Cornerback (3)
    • 4* Jayden Lewis / AU Commit
    • 4* Jalyn Crawford / AU Commit
    • 4* Jalewis Solomon / AU Commit
  • Safeties & Nickels (3-4)
    • 4* A'Mon Lane / AU Commit
    • 4* Kensley Faustin / AU Commit
    • 4* Zaquan Patterson 
    • 5* KJ Bolden / FSU Commit

4-5 Running backs, now we're talking! For real though, it's good to see a growing OL list and KJ Bolden, LJ McCray, Saleapaga, Craver and Cam Coleman back on the list.

We must still have some reserves in the NIL bank. Let's use it on Carter and Kam Franklin 1st, then mop up what we can afford. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

What county?

• Thanks 1