Men vs Texas A&M Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Bruce Pearls end of game decisions and offensive calls to let Wendell just jack up threes at the end of games needs to be questioned.

Wendell hasn't been clutch in a long time. If at all

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 5

At this pace we may be lucky to limp into March madness 

• Angry 1

I think the issue from a talent standpoint is that so far Traore and Westry seem to be misses. This is essentially last year's team, but subbing Broome for Jabari/Walker - and Broome is a downgrade from both those guys.

We really needed a young guy to come in and step up, but we aren't getting any production from our new additions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

We have. They just aren't on campus yet...sadly. We'll need to get some shooters in the portal. 

Westry was supposed to be that guy.

Traore came in highly lauded and just has not worked out the way he was supposed to.  He'll grow into it.  Gonna take some development that  I don't think anyone expected

I wish Bruce had gone back to the Tre and Wendell back court in the 2nd half. Especially after Wendell seemed to be gimpy a little.  Tre is tough and really has great vision and passing ability.

• Like 2

Just now, Hopsing said:

And get another early round exit. This team lacks just about everything that previous Pearl teams had. Whether it’s shooters, or heart, or grit and grind—this team has absolutely no character or will. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

We're gonna March into the NIT I believe

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

And get another early round exit. This team lacks just about everything that previous Pearl teams had. Whether it’s shooters, or heart, or grit and grind—this team has absolutely no character or will. 

Well put, unfortunately. Very painful to watch sometimes.

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s what, losing 4 out of the last 5? Bad skid. Unlikely chance we beat bama. Staring straight into the eyes of the NIT tournament. Yay. 

That’s unacceptable for this team. NIT? WTH?

17 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Bruce Pearls end of game decisions and offensive calls to let Wendell just jack up threes at the end of games needs to be questioned.

Wendell hasn't been clutch in a long time. If at all

Not only closing games but ending half’s as well. Even with blatant foul in the Tennessee game that was not a great play. More like a scramble drill

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 2

I agree with not liking to blame refs. But there are a couple things that can’t be ignored in the officiating of this game. The foul discrepancy is egregious. But the larger factor to me was the way the refs disrupted the game when Auburn would be in scoring runs. Multiple times they called ticky tac bs on auburn that busted their rhythm, however when A&M was doing the same to Auburn they could commit felonies in the paint. Just a totally jacked up game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hopsing said:

Whether it’s shooters, or heart, or grit and grind—this team has absolutely no character or will. 

Disagree with the heart and grit and grind part.  That's the only reason they are in these games.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not only closing games but ending half’s as well. Even with blatant foul in the Tennessee game that was not a create play. More like a scramble drill

Exactly. 💯

• Like 1

Just now, au701948 said:

Just hoping that the 2 guards committed for 2023-2024 can make this team dangerous again.

To piggyback on my own comment. Next year we can hopefully become good enough that we can overcome such bad days in the referee department.

2 minutes ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

Auburn should just forfeit the rest of this season’s games. At least it would avoid the 40 beating they are going to get this Saturday

Watching UK.  Gonna be an ass whipping there too.

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not only closing games but ending half’s as well. Even with blatant foul in the Tennessee game that was not a create play. More like a scramble drill

Offer a lifetime contract to a HC and no one should question his decision making.  😶

Need some real shooters in a bad way. I’d love to see some roster movement and hit the portal, find a stop gap before the new guards come in. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

Auburn should just forfeit the rest of this season’s games. At least it would avoid the 40 beating they are going to get this Saturday

You have only 12 posts in 12 years as a member and this is your post for 2023?? Wow. 

• Haha 2

How did A&M shoot 39 free throws and we shot 14? Literally 31 of their points came from the line. 31! We had 9 points from the line on 14 attempts. That’s definitely not a fairly officiated game. Way too lopsided. But we need to quit with the bs shooting at the end of games. Why take a low percentage three ball while down 2 points at the end? Weird. 

7 minutes ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

That's the spirit!

I'm going negative too!

• Haha 1

IMO it’s not all doom and gloom. I think CBP has to protect this team more than previous teams from itself. I don’t think it’s his thing but for this years team it’s warranted .For example threes not falling work the ball inside. When things got chippy tonight call a timeout. Auburn played right into Tamu hands after that and that bid lead went up in smoke.

• Like 2