2023 Softball - Oklahoma Hall of Fame Classic

On 3/21/2023 at 9:29 PM, TD1 said:

During the game on Sunday, one of the announcers mentioned that he has seen the growth in one of the OU players. 

Have you all noticed any growth/improvements in any of our players other than Maddie? 

To be fair, I think Garcia and McCondichie have progressed a lot.  Engelkes has slowly gotten better to the point where she can contribute, but it's about too late for her.  I don't know how much they are affected by coaching, and how much is just their own determination.

Edited by OlderWhiskey

On 3/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, Golden Eagle said:

I don't see anything magically changing between now and the end of the season - we've been on this trajectory for a loooooong while now.

I was aware that DT Gasso (I think you mean DT at the end of your paragraph above) was an assistant at OU but didn't know about DJ.  I looked at his bio and agree he would be an intriguing hire for Auburn.  Coaching changes need to happen sooner rather than later!  I'm very concerned what another mediocre season is doing to future recruiting.  Sad to say this, but it's hard to understand why a top recruit would be attracted to Auburn with this coaching staff.

Emily Carosone was an outstanding batter as a player.  I understand that being able to do something yourself doesn't mean you can effectively teach someone else.  But her staff bio says she works with the infielders and catchers.  For the rest of this season, why not switch Carosone and Lenti?  He has been ineffective.  Give Emily a shot.

In essence Ken Brooke, volunteer coach, is the hitting coach - regardless of what the bio says.