Gun Safety Bill

AUcivE09

Democrat gun bill not anti-2nd Amendment, it's pro-school safety - Yellowhammer News

I am a HUGE fan of this bill and really pray it passes. This is a great first step for all of us who consider ourselves "responsible". Honestly, this is one of two things I have wanted to see passed. The other is a bill requiring basic training/safety for first-time gun buyers (yes, even as a pro 2A guy). 

I know there is not a lot that will ever get the regulars here on the same page, but maybe this? Call whoever you have to and ask/beg/plead for this to happen. This is more than school safety as it would have much further reaching effects (IMO) with accidents, suicides, and violence outside of school. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, AUcivE09 said:

Democrat gun bill not anti-2nd Amendment, it's pro-school safety - Yellowhammer News

I am a HUGE fan of this bill and really pray it passes. This is a great first step for all of us who consider ourselves "responsible". Honestly, this is one of two things I have wanted to see passed. The other is a bill requiring basic training/safety for first-time gun buyers (yes, even as a pro 2A guy). 

I know there is not a lot that will ever get the regulars here on the same page, but maybe this? Call whoever you have to and ask/beg/plead for this to happen. This is more than school safety as it would have much further reaching effects (IMO) with accidents, suicides, and violence outside of school. 

Is there already a state law requiring gun owners to store their guns securely?

On 4/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, AUcivE09 said:

The other is a bill requiring basic training/safety for first-time gun buyers (yes, even as a pro 2A guy). 

Agree. No reason not to have this. I’ve moved several times and always take the state required safety class to get my concealed carry permit. I learn something new and helpful every time. BTW, Tennessee recently dropped that class as a requirement. 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 4/7/2023 at 2:54 PM, homersapien said:

Is there already a state law requiring gun owners to store their guns securely?

Not that I am aware of. Maybe someone knows better than me?

13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. No reason not to have this. I’ve moved several times and always take the state required safety class to get my concealed carry permit. I learn something new and helpful every time. BTW, Tennessee recently dropped that class as a requirement. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Interesting. I am the same - those classes are a great tool that always provides something I never thought about. Wife and I actually made one of these classes a date!

• Love 1

I store my weapons in a way that is both safe and quick access. A gun behind a lock is time lost to the perp but with today's technology you can have both. 

• Thanks 1