2023 Spring Transfer Portal Exits

cbo

So far we have guys that have already officially or unofficially entered the portal at one time or another. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see King, Finley and a few more in the coming days.

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So they both announced in March they were transferring.  I'd assume they aren't included in the current roster count of like ~87.  So could push to 10 transfers if we include them

That I don’t know. They started spring practice so I thought they were still being counted, don’t take my word for it.

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So they both announced in March they were transferring.  I'd assume they aren't included in the current roster count of like ~87.  So could push to 10 transfers if we include them

In the past, roster counts at this time of year have included players who have used up their eligibility but are still in school and on scholarship until the end of the spring term. If that's still true then there are plenty of vacancies. You'd have to go back and look at how your source was counting the 87.

• Like 1

Both incoming and outgoing will be covered in recruiting forum and it’s pinned, with links to update sites, for your convenience.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We are familiar with Texas soft😁.   I wonder if Mba was Frenchie soft?   I can't recall a dominant NFL player from France.

Potential was there , size was there, didn’t he fight some injuries?? 

Not surprised about Dawson.  I wish him well.  
In order to bring in the guys we’re hoping to bring in, we’re going to need a few more guys to transfer out.   

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another DL bolt, a couple of OL, one QB, etc.  Isn’t Cam Riley a projected starter?  That would stink.  He’s one I think we’re counting on.  

I would have bet the house on this one. He already entered the portal twice before, and now we’re on three different staffs who haven’t had him higher than backup. I suspect chronic inconsistency as his limiting factor.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

In the past, roster counts at this time of year have included players who have used up their eligibility but are still in school and on scholarship until the end of the spring term. If that's still true then there are plenty of vacancies. You'd have to go back and look at how your source was counting the 87.

No one is counting players graduating.

They are looking at projections coming fall camp when we have to look at the 85 limit.

No one is counting Hall or Leota, etc

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Isn’t Cam Riley a projected starter?  That would stink.  He’s one I think we’re counting on.  

Agree. He'd be the first one I'd be disappointed in losing. Some thoughts about him playing edge top

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one is counting players graduating.

They are looking at projections coming fall camp when we have to look at the 85 limit.

No one is counting Hall or Leota, etc

Well and good, but that's a thing that does need to be checked every time.

5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Potential was there , size was there, didn’t he fight some injuries?? 

Jdub, the only article I can find about injuries is a twisted ankle against A&M.  I did see articles noting the staff had moved him from tackle to DE and he was not running with the ones at that position.   CHF has been pretty upfront that he was looking for DEs in the portal.   I suspect Mba is looking for a starting position.   When he committed to us he stressed he wanted to play in the SEC.   He had really good things to say about Rodney G and Nick Eason...

3 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Jdub, the only article I can find about injuries is a twisted ankle against A&M.  I did see articles noting the staff had moved him from tackle to DE and he was not running with the ones at that position.   CHF has been pretty upfront that he was looking for DEs in the portal.   I suspect Mba is looking for a starting position.   When he committed to us he stressed he wanted to play in the SEC.   He had really good things to say about Rodney G and Nick Eason...

LP I thought he had injuries from Juco as well. Anyways the portal will steer some studs our way . Hate to lose a guy like this 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

LP I thought he had injuries from Juco as well. Anyways the portal will steer some studs our way . Hate to lose a guy like this 

He may well have.  He mentioned COVID derailed his plans....   As you stated earlier he sure seemed to possess lots of potential.    Maybe he has a change of heart.   Do we know CHF's position on if kids enter the portal but change their minds? 

9 hours ago, LPTiger said:

We are familiar with Texas soft😁.   I wonder if Mba was Frenchie soft?   I can't recall a dominant NFL player from France.

There are none. Very soft, meek country in general. Always getting bailed out by other powers. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

There are none. Very soft, meek country in general. Always getting bailed out by other powers. 

Our Frenchie baseball player is representing 

https://www.mlb.com/news/edouard-julien-gets-first-career-hit-home-run

• Like 1