Bama Game 3

Headed to bottom of 5.    1-0 good guys.   Nate singled in Chris Stanfield.    We have our second quality SEC start from our starting pitcher.

• Like 2

Herberholtz was strong and glad to have Isbell back. 

Bama's pitching controlled the final 2 games.    We had high hopes for Drew Nelson yesterday.   He is still very young as is the bulk of our staff.

Not the year we needed so far. Sucks! Turds are not that good. 

This is so disappointing. Tigers have only won one SEC series so far in the season.

If we get Gonzalez back in the next couple of weeks, I believe we can still make a regional. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

If we get Gonzalez back in the next couple of weeks, I believe we can still make a regional. 

Hope you are right. Disappointed but WDE anyway. 

• Like 1

I think I must have blocked it from my memory, but mid-season last year we had serious issues with walks and hit batters. Obviously, it got cleaned up by tournament time but if a cleanup is coming this season it's time to start.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think I must have blocked it from my memory, but mid-season last year we had serious issues with walks and hit batters. Obviously, it got cleaned up by tournament time but if a cleanup is coming this season it's time to start.

You are correct about last year. If we get Gonzalez back, Vail and Herberholtz have improved enough to give us 3 bonafide starters. The bullpen is a mess though. We have several pitchers that begin to hyperventilate under the least amount of pressure. I’m also not impressed with Shoenrock and the pitch calls. A lot of the HBP come on 0-2 or 1-2 counts and he decides to come inside and plunk the guy. Most of our pitchers simply aren’t able to spot pitches so don’t throw inside when ahead. I would estimate that Bama scored at least half to 2/3rds of their runs off walks and HBP. The good news is that our defense is really stout so if our pitchers learn to trust that we can be really competitive in the second half of the SEC slate. 

• Like 2