Fox News settles lawsuit with Dominion for $787 million

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Now the country can move forward and worry about real problems, like which Disney character is really a lesbian.   Ya just can't make this shat up......

Is this important to you?

• Haha 1

The most beautiful part about this whole thing is that conservatives will see the headlines about Fox News, and not knowing how to feel about it, where will they go to be told about it? Fox News!! And this crazy reality we live in goes on and on. 

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Now the country can move forward and worry about real problems, like which Disney character is really a lesbian.   Ya just can't make this shat up......

You joke, but this is their homepage atm.

Boy they’re really going all in on attacking the gays, like it’s 1996. Bold strategy. 

IMG_1563.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You joke, but this is their homepage atm.

Boy they’re really going all in on attacking the gays, like it’s 1996. Bold strategy. 

IMG_1563.jpeg

Being gay to Fox is like being black in 1955 America.  Without a cause to generate their views, they have nothing.  Journalistic integrity is certainly not a concern.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this important to you?

Not at all.  I never assumed that Disney was a bastion of masculinity any more than the school chorus.  I say that and I was in the school chorus and once upon a time was entering the vocal music program at Auburn.  It is a long story, but I was more comfortable going the frat boy route at the time.    I was taught not to hate anyone, which isn't easy at times.  I don't believe that we can legislate entertainment, but I do recognize that the efforts to do so are the same game plans that existed in the past with other social issues.  You can impede change, but you can't stop it.

What I do know is that a family with 5 kids, none of which have ever watched television, can easily learn that 2 of their kids is gay.  Is that because home schooling and church pushed them to be gay?  You get the point.

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You're saying....a person could check every other source out there, but they're fools if they don't also check with Fox News?

And you still believe Fox is more reputable, even after this settlement?

Et tu with the facepalm, @SaltyTiger

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fox News Most Trusted and Most Watched Even After Dominion Revelations, Latest Poll Shows

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-most-trusted-and-most-watched-even-after-dominion-revelations-latest-poll-shows/

These polls you keep showing mean absolutely nothing. Polls can't be used to prove if something is true.

If you polled a small group of people if the earth was flat or round and the majority came back as flat, would you then say the earth is flat?

Polls / surveys are opinions that should be used to determine public sentiment. I'm not sure why you all post so many polls or opinion pieces and claim it to be fact. But then turn around and completely disregard actual data.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think it was irrelevant to Fox.  The case was only going one way, but for the Dominion lawyer to publicly thank other media organizations draws a distinction line between conservative news organizations and others.  Its almost as if the other media organizations wanted to get rid of Fox and quell dissenting voices.

Legitimate news organizations and Fox is a distinction highlighted by this case.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not at all.  I never assumed that Disney was a bastion of masculinity any more than the school chorus.  I say that and I was in the school chorus and once upon a time was entering the vocal music program at Auburn.  It is a long story, but I was more comfortable going the frat boy route at the time.    I was taught not to hate anyone, which isn't easy at times.  I don't believe that we can legislate entertainment, but I do recognize that the efforts to do so are the same game plans that existed in the past with other social issues.  You can impede change, but you can't stop it.

What I do know is that a family with 5 kids, none of which have ever watched television, can easily learn that 2 of their kids is gay.  Is that because home schooling and church pushed them to be gay?  You get the point.

Change has come and now there are same sex marriages.  Disney would have been left alone if they didn’t try to influence DeSantis not to pass the Parent’s Rights Bill (don’t say gay).  This bill only affected grades K-3 and not the upper grades.  The LBGTQaldfq coalition forced Disney to say something and their (the coalition) game plan was the same as they have played many times before.

People are a little fed up with corporations influencing the narrative that is not what most Americans want.  There now is a backlash happening.  See Anheuser-Busch.

Gay and lesbian children should be allowed to go through puberty and if they still feel the same way, live your life.  To be influenced to think they are gender dysphoric and be given blockers, cross sex hormones and/or irreversible sex change surgery while they are minors is not wise.  Why would anybody believe you need this type of intervention when 80% of the gender dysphoric out grow it after puberty.  This type of need to be stopped, not impeded.  Do you get the point?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arein0 said:

These polls you keep showing mean absolutely nothing. Polls can't be used to prove if something is true.

If you polled a small group of people if the earth was flat or round and the majority came back as flat, would you then say the earth is flat?

Polls / surveys are opinions that should be used to determine public sentiment. I'm not sure why you all post so many polls or opinion pieces and claim it to be fact. But then turn around and completely disregard actual data.

If you read my reply to coffee it would read the same.  Polls are useless and do not prove anything.  Opinion pieces are not facts, most people know this.  

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Legitimate news organizations and Fox is a distinction highlighted by this case.

Well, I guess Fox will be off the air within the year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

A single case? :blink:

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did Dominion have help from other media sources?  Interesting.

Well Yea. I mean I'm sure Dominion will be sending FOX a Christmas card yearly and thanking them for helping with their lawsuit. LOL

Edited by creed
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fox News Most Trusted and Most Watched Even After Dominion Revelations, Latest Poll Shows

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-most-trusted-and-most-watched-even-after-dominion-revelations-latest-poll-shows/

Then people are watching and putting their trust in the wrong thing.

Left Fox News turned off in our home in 2005. I have never looked back.

Glad that the rest of America is catching on.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6325345855112 Fox on Fox

No mention of $$$. Admittedly they lied, a little. <er>

I wish all of you will have the same kind of good day I will have,

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you read my reply to coffee it would read the same.  Polls are useless and do not prove anything.  Opinion pieces are not facts, most people know this.  

Then why post it? Especially during the point in the conversation where people were arguing whether or not all media is trustworthy or not. To me, it came off as your "trump card" and when called out on it, start back tracking to save face.

To the bold part, I would love to believe that most people know that opinions are not facts, but the I've seen too many linked opinion pieces and polls used as fact, on this site and in real life, to agree with that. Also that poll you posted shows 41% believe opinions as fact.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Then why post it? Especially during the point in the conversation where people were arguing whether or not all media is trustworthy or not. To me, it came off as your "trump card" and when called out on it, start back tracking to save face.

To the bold part, I would love to believe that most people know that opinions are not facts, but the I've seen too many linked opinion pieces and polls used as fact, on this site and in real life, to agree with that. Also that poll you posted shows 41% believe opinions as fact.

I can think of one right off the top of my head that constantly does this!! I do not even have to name them......I bet everyone knows who it is. LOL

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Usually, the poster will enhance their thoughts with a known journalist or opinion writer.  Think back to the *pandemic*.  *The science* was fact as stated by Fauci when in actuality it was his opinion.  There were other *opinions* but they were censored by government and, consequently, media.  Even on this forum, if you spoke out against Fauci or *the science* you would be sent away.

Things have changed and we know a lot more about COVID and the vaccines and it seems not everything Fauci said was true, but his opinion that was presented as fact.

Just one example.

Another real quick one; a lot of people still believe Donald J Trump is a Russian asset due to Maddow’s opinion pieces.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Usually, the poster will enhance their thoughts with a known journalist or opinion writer.  Think back to the *pandemic*.  *The science* was fact as stated by Fauci when in actuality it was his opinion.  There were other *opinions* but they were censored by government and, consequently, media.  Even on this forum, if you spoke out against Fauci or *the science* you would be sent away.

Things have changed and we know a lot more about COVID and the vaccines and it seems not everything Fauci said was true, but his opinion that was presented as fact.

Just one example.

Another real quick one; a lot of people still believe Donald J Trump is a Russian asset due to Maddow’s opinion pieces.

See here is how the media in general works. This last sentence you posted. My first thoughts are: 

- is this fact or opinion. 
- what does a lot mean…give me a number.

- show me the data to support the number  

- show me the question that generated the number/s

Edited by creed

2 minutes ago, creed said:

See here is how the media in general works. This last sentence you posted. My first thoughts are: 

- is this fact or opinion. 
- what does a lot mean…give me a number.

- show me the data to support the number  

I should have clarified and limited *a lot* to this forum.  I will not name names, but as @wdefromtxalluded to there is at least two and I will guarantee others would agree if they were asked.  

How about the Fauci opinions stated as facts?  Are these questions valid?

There is a hearing on Capital Hill as we type discussing if Fauci lied to Congress.  

Do you believe Fauci stated his opinion as facts during the Biden Administration?

Remember, it’s only your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Does it matter to you that Fox admitted to spreading information that they knew to be false?

Excellent.  Out of likes.

People will still believe,,, what they wish to believe.  It is a fascinating mindset.

Guns aren't a problem.  We just need more of them.  Open carry.

Black people are the racists.

The people at the border are drug smugglers, rapists, and killers.

He didn't ridicule a handicap man. 

He was joking when he asked Russia for help.

He didn't extort a political favor from a foreign leader.

That was Antifa and BLM who attacked the capital.  Okay, maybe not but,,, it wasn't an insurrection.

The Clintons killed Seth Rich.

Liberals hate America. (not to mention their affinity for combining Pizza and pedophilia)

I am afraid the answer to the question is no,,, it does not matter.  Give the right their due,,, excellent propaganda.  It is brainwashing.  Particularly amazing in the shadows of Watergate, Iran/Contra and "weapons of mass destruction", that those affected are so deeply committed to believing, to "keeping the faith".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Et tu with the facepalm, @SaltyTiger

I reread and removed it. I do like to see the Fox take on things and enjoy some of their morning and day stuff. Learned to dislike Hannity, etc.. ages ago. You are correct in another post that regardless of recent events dedicated Fox viewers will not waiver. I have family members that leave it on as background every awake hour. 

I actually watch no “news channels” on a regular basis. See the local news nightly.

• Like 1

By the way, this saga isn't done, neither for Fox nor the dumbass mouthpieces they put on air pushing this bull**** as fact. 

Smartmatic, another voting machine maker, has a $2.7 billion suit against Fox.  The Dominion settlement has to give Smartmatic a bit more leverage.  Supposedly, their case is even stronger than Dominion's was.  And frankly, if I were them, I would demand in any settlement that the various Fox personalities give an admission on air as to giving false information.

But also, Dominion still has lawsuits pending against Rudy Giuliani and Sydney Powell.  Once again, Fox settling this case doesn't bode well for them.  And I'd absolutely demand a public admission of guilt and an apology from these two idiots.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I reread and removed it. I do like to see the Fox take on things and enjoy some of their morning and day stuff. Learned to dislike Hannity, etc.. ages ago. You are correct in another post that regardless of recent events dedicated Fox viewers will not waiver. I have family members that leave it on as background every awake hour. 

I actually watch no “news channels” on a regular basis. See the local news nightly.

My comment wasn't about disregarding conservative leaning media altogether, just that the post I was responding to was only listing Fox News, then everybody else.