Fox News settles lawsuit with Dominion for $787 million

TitanTiger

24 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you're not swayed by your news of choice? 

Somewhat, but there's no one source I favor for actual news, and I don't really watch opinion shows. If I see something, I make sure it's corroborated. If something is unsubstantiated, I don't take it as fact, but may obviously form an opinion on it. That opinion may or may not be influenced by sources I watch/read, but I keep an open mind to opposing opinions, which is one reason I started coming to the political board.

Most of the Fox viewers I've met don't bother with other sources.

It's hysterical that you call out all other news sources as being liars like Fox, yet you're also complaining that they're telling the truth right now. I'm sure it's a lovely bonus for them that Fox is taking a hit, but let's not pretend Fox wouldn't be doing the exact same thing were the roles reversed.

• Haha 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Conservatives would rather believe lies. Details at 10. 

You would be a fool just to listen to Fox, but you would be a bigger fool just to listen to the others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You would be a fool just to listen to Fox, but you would be a bigger fool just to listen to the others.

You're saying....a person could check every other source out there, but they're fools if they don't also check with Fox News?

And you still believe Fox is more reputable, even after this settlement?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That poll does nothing but tell you that conservatives watch and trust Fox News almost exclusively over any other news networks while liberals and independents split their ‘watched and trusted’ votes among all the other contenders. You can tell this because the total of the percentages in the chart add up to well over 100%. People could pick one or multiple options. Fox got all the conservatives votes while all the other options had to ‘share’ the rest of the respondents.

here a Yougov survey from Aug 2022 that shows Fox News being one of the least trusted news sources in the country, only Breitbart performed worse. https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/04/05/trust-media-2022-where-americans-get-news-poll

I agree, polls are useless.  If more people watch Fox they would naturally believe them.  The poll you cited is just as bias.  NPR and PBS are nothing more than government propaganda.  The BBC is not much better.  I agree if all you watch is Fox you would be a fool, but if all you watched was the others you’re not much better.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You're saying....a person could check every other source out there, but they're fools if they don't also check with Fox News?

And you still believe Fox is.more reputable, even after this settlement?

What I’m saying is if you just check the liberal media without referencing conservative media you are not getting the whole picture and vice versa.  Have you been mislead about the walls closing in on Trump?

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t think it was irrelevant to Fox.  The case was only going one way, but for the Dominion lawyer to publicly thank other media organizations draws a distinction line between conservative news organizations and others.  Its almost as if the other media organizations wanted to get rid of Fox and quell dissenting voices.

lets get to the chase here. Fox lied and got caught. dissenting voices? what is the ninth commandment? fox has been slinging bullcrap for years now and it finally caught up with them. false lies hurt people and you should know this but again you get this crap twisted. let me explain something to you. America is a great country with a lot of problems.MAGA never meant make america great again. you guys got it wrong. it was make trump great again.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I agree, polls are useless.  If more people watch Fox they would naturally believe them.  The poll you cited is just as bias.  NPR and PBS are nothing more than government propaganda.  The BBC is not much better.  I agree if all you watch is Fox you would be a fool, but if all you watched was the others you’re not much better.

So your saying NPR and PBS were pro-Trump from 2016-2020….. or are they only ‘government’ propaganda when Dems are in power?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Have you been mislead about the walls closing in on Trump?

No, because that's an opinion, and I always took it as such. Opinions are different than, you know, facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lets get to the chase here. Fox lied and got caught. dissenting voices? what is the ninth commandment? fox has been slinging bullcrap for years now and it finally caught up with them. false lies hurt people and you should know this but again you get this crap twisted. let me explain something to you. America is a great country with a lot of problems.MAGA never meant make america great again. you guys got it wrong. it was make trump great again.

Fox lied in this instance and got caught.  I listened to 5 years of lies from the MSM and have come to the conclusion you can’t believe a work either say.  I know America is a great country and I hope it remains that way.  MAGA has always stood for Make America Great Again, it was your side that said America was never that great.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So your saying NPR and PBS were pro-Trump from 2016-2020….. or are they only ‘government’ propaganda when Dems are in power?

My bad.  They are liberal bastions of Democrat lore. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

No, because that's an opinion, and I always took it as such. Opinions are different than, you know, facts.

How about the indictment of Trump in NY?  Do you have an opinion on that?  Are you getting your hopes up?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Fox lied in this instance and got caught.  I listened to 5 years of lies from the MSM and have come to the conclusion you can’t believe a work either say.  I know America is a great country and I hope it remains that way.  MAGA has always stood for Make America Great Again, it was your side that said America was never that great.

how can we believe you with the lies you guys spew? funny you have just now turned your back on trump after six or seven years but you bought most of what he said because we have gone several rounds. and also we are talking about fox and trump not msm. and how many times has fox ever had a special show where they admitted they got the facts wrong and did a whole show on it? hannity and bill before him have all lied out their behinds and i am not sure freedom of speech covers lies.

• Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Same people,,, always defending the indefensible. 

True. Unfortunately, not in the way you intended.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How about the indictment of Trump in NY?  Do you have an opinion on that?  Are you getting your hopes up?

i am. jumps up and down and waves. he is a turd. i know he will never go to jail but if he did maybe other turds following on his path. also let me say i was hping fox lost their license.

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how can we believe you with the lies you guys spew? funny you have just now turned your back on trump after six or seven years but you bought most of what he said because we have gone several rounds. and also we are talking about fox and trump not msm. and how many times has fox ever had a special show where they admitted they got the facts wrong and did a whole show on it? hannity and bill before him have all lied out their behinds and i am not sure freedom of speech covers lies.

emoji's are your friend when you cannot defend what was said........

• Like 1

Did Dominion have help from other media sources?  Interesting.

Fox News knowingly lied to its viewers on a massive level about the presidential election. There were numerous Fox News hosts sh*t talking Trump and his goons, and this guy is mad at the “liberal media”.

What a cuck! Conservatives don’t deserve the dignity of being told the truth. F’ing fools.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don’t think it was irrelevant to Fox.  The case was only going one way, but for the Dominion lawyer to publicly thank other media organizations draws a distinction line between conservative news organizations and others.  

There didn’t need to be a line drawn. It was already there. Everyone with half a brain sees Fox News for what it is. And it’s not news. It’s a propaganda outlet. Here’s two different media bias charts. One has Fox News about as credible as Occupy Democrats, which is basically a Facebook group (holy crap) and the other just straight out places it in the propaganda bubble. How embarrassing to be a big enough dumb sh*t to watch this crap every single day. 

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I turned on Trump about a month after the 2020 elections were over.  Up until then he was setting America on the right track.  Let me ask; has any of the MSM had a special show where they admitted they got the facts wrong about Russia, Russia, Russia, Trump’s a Russian asset and all the rest of the times they were wrong?  How about all the Pulitzer Prizes they got for coverage of Trump?  Did they give those back?

Give me a break, fifty.  They all are bias both in their coverage and what news they bring.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did Dominion have help from other media sources?  Interesting.

Does it matter to you that Fox admitted to spreading information that they knew to be false?

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Does it matter to you that Fox admitted to spreading information that they knew to be false?

Yes.

Now the country can move forward and worry about real problems, like which Disney character is really a lesbian.   Ya just can't make this shat up......

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1