Fox News settles lawsuit with Dominion for $787 million

TitanTiger

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Change has come and now there are same sex marriages.  Disney would have been left alone if they didn’t try to influence DeSantis not to pass the Parent’s Rights Bill (don’t say gay).  This bill only affected grades K-3 and not the upper grades.  The LBGTQaldfq coalition forced Disney to say something and their (the coalition) game plan was the same as they have played many times before.

People are a little fed up with corporations influencing the narrative that is not what most Americans want.  There now is a backlash happening.  See Anheuser-Busch.

Gay and lesbian children should be allowed to go through puberty and if they still feel the same way, live your life.  To be influenced to think they are gender dysphoric and be given blockers, cross sex hormones and/or irreversible sex change surgery while they are minors is not wise.  Why would anybody believe you need this type of intervention when 80% of the gender dysphoric out grow it after puberty.  This type of need to be stopped, not impeded.  Do you get the point?

Perhaps it is that I live in a part of the country where this isn't happening.  I just don't believe that overall kids are being encouraged in this way.  I have a friend that actually runs a shelter for run away kids in Los Angeles, many of which have been kicked out of their homes as a result of their sexuality.  He tells me that he has never counseled a child to consider gender reassignment in any way. 

I understand that there are examples, but you don't legislate and start culture wars based on isolated examples.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I guess Fox will be off the air within the year.

That won't happen.  Their audience doesn't demand truth... they just demand that their belief be re-affirmed and that their fears be justified.

We are on the precipice of being so ignorant that our democracy is threatened......Walter Cronkite

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Same people,,, always defending the indefensible. 

If anything, they are getting worse.  "Jewish space laser" worse.  :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Now the country can move forward and worry about real problems, like which Disney character is really a lesbian.   Ya just can't make this shat up......

It's a trick they are all transsexual lesbians.  Disney has been grooming children since the 1940's.

53 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

but you don't legislate and start culture wars based on isolated examples.

That is the conservative strategy. That is absolutely  something that they do. Normal people don't, though. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Perhaps it is that I live in a part of the country where this isn't happening.  I just don't believe that overall kids are being encouraged in this way.  I have a friend that actually runs a shelter for run away kids in Los Angeles, many of which have been kicked out of their homes as a result of their sexuality.  He tells me that he has never counseled a child to consider gender reassignment in any way. 

I understand that there are examples, but you don't legislate and start culture wars based on isolated examples.

Apparently, it's epidemic proportions in Florida.  Reminds me of asking EMT to name a single public school in which CRT is part of the curriculum.  His answer,,, all of Alabama.  Just bizarre. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Perhaps,,, that is a good thing?

I used to think it was. I felt the country needed to hit rock bottom - like a drug addict - before it would start to recover.  But the responses on this thread defending Fox is starting to make me doubt there is a bottom.

We have some absolutely shameless people on this forum.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If anything, they are getting worse.  "Jewish space laser" worse.  :no:

Marjorie Taylor Green is a perfect reflection of conservative culture in 2023. I think she represents them more accurately than Donald ever could. They should totally run her in the next election. Please. Please run her.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That is the conservative strategy. That is obsoletely something that they do. Normal people don't, though. 

Yes.  Create prejudice and fear.  Then, blame the liberals, they are the ones creating division.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Apparently, it's epidemic proportions in Florida.  Reminds me of asking EMT to name a single public school in which CRT is part of the curriculum.  His answer,,, all of Alabama.  Just bizarre. 

CRT = Teaching that black people were ever the victims of prejudices.

In this line of thinking, yes. Alabama is an OG  for CRT. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes.  Create prejudice and fear.  Then, blame the liberals, they are the ones creating division.

I am still coming to terms with the fact that we just all had to sit here, as a society and watch a bunch of dumb a** rednecks throw away the beer and whiskey they purchased, because the beer company had a trans person in one of their commercials. 

I am just stunned at the nonsense that is created by these people. They gotta stop with all this bi**h a**ness. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I wonder how many people are aware of the fact that the greatest scientist from Alabama, of the 20th century was the grandson of slaves, one of the first three black men in history to receive a Phd in chemistry, his ground breaking work with proteins and hormones.  The second black man ever inducted into the National Academy of Sciences.  How many people in Alabama know the name, Percy Julian?

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I wonder how many people are aware of the fact that the greatest scientist from Alabama, of the 20th century was the grandson of slaves, one of the first three black men in history to receive a Phd in chemistry, his ground breaking work with proteins and hormones.  The second black man ever inducted into the National Academy of Sciences.  How many people in Alabama know the name, Percy Julian?

I'm not sure, but I dont think they will be teaching about him anytime soon. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Change has come and now there are same sex marriages.  Disney would have been left alone if they didn’t try to influence DeSantis not to pass the Parent’s Rights Bill (don’t say gay).  This bill only affected grades K-3 and not the upper grades. 

No longer the case. It has now been expanded to cover K-12. To the surprise of no one.

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

People are a little fed up with corporations influencing the narrative that is not what most Americans want.  There now is a backlash happening.  See Anheuser-Busch.

Right, a corporation trying to influence the narrative. Clearly that's what people were upset about:

image.jpeg.aa9fe5532ded819b38a6a0d825b64302.jpeg

I'm sure these people would have been just as angry if Disney had supported DeSantis. Good call.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How could anyone think that black people were the victims of prejudice in Alabama?  Those people were just sight seeing in Selma..... walking over a bridge they could have easily driven someone over.  lol

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

No longer the case. It has now been expanded to cover K-12. To the surprise of no one.

Right, a corporation trying to influence the narrative. Clearly that's what people were upset about:

image.jpeg.aa9fe5532ded819b38a6a0d825b64302.jpeg

I'm sure these people would have been just as angry if Disney had supported DeSantis. Good call.

Good to see the new Reedy Creek board already making changes.  Loved Desantis' idea of building a state prison next to the park.  Now that's good government!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

All I can say is it does happen.  So much there are people who regret being talked into transitioning.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransitioned-teens-explain-why-they-regret-changing-genders/

What is odd is Biden already legislated educating every student in public schools about gender identity by an EO.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Which of these absolves Fox from knowingly and cynically lying on air to placate the drones who watch them?

Absolutely none of it does that.  It is just another whataboutism to make people feel good about their choices.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Clearly, there is no difference between criticizing an electoral process and,,, attempting to subvert the outcome of the electoral process.

Them Venulualian votin machines done changed votes and that there is why Trump is still the president.  That trader Pence didn't do his job.  An George Soros paid people to cause trouble at the Capitol.  Plus them demoncrats used Covid to change all the rules and then harvested the Covid ballots.

Trump ONE!!!!!  Trump was trying to tell everbuddy the election was crooked before the election ever started.

Dam people, wake the hell up.  You gonna believe Trump and Fox or you gonna believe George Soros and them Venezualian votin machine people.

Trump dont never lie.  Fox dont never lie.  Demoncrats is all ways lyin.  Everybuddy with a brain nose that.  Them Demoncrats hate America.  The Clinton body count is over 100 and dont nothin ever happen to them.

Demoncrats will have this country full of immigrants killin, rapin, and spreadin the Fentinol, gays and trannies ever were, and puttin the minoriites over the real Americans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Which of these absolves Fox from knowingly and cynically lying on air to placate the drones who watch them?

It's not about Fox, but to reiterate what I previously stated as a fact. MSM intentionally airs and promotes lies. Not that complicated. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Absolutely none of it does that.  It is just another whataboutism to make people feel good about their choices.

What are you babbling about? What choices? Why does truth annoy you?

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It's not about Fox, but to reiterate what I previously stated as a fact. MSM intentionally airs and promotes lies. Not that complicated. 

It is about Fox.  It's the entire point of the thread.  You're just bringing this up as a whataboutism to...what exactly?  Suggest Fox was treated unfairly?  I mean, if you or someone else feels you've got something actionable to sue a news org on over this, have at it.  Otherwise it's a lot of hand waving to avoid the central issue.

• Like 1