AU Fans in Kentucky

kentuckytiger

Are there any AU fans living in Kentucky going to the :au: vs :uk: football game? I live in Simpsonville and my wife and I are going. Just seeing who all was going. Shouldnt be much of a game, but it might be my only chance to see the tigers all season. Just wondering.

My wife and I live in Knoxville, TN and were thinking about making the trip. We've never been to Lexington, and I'm not sure exactly how long it will take (I think about 2 hours), but we don't get to Auburn much, so we thought we might give it a shot. Besides, tickets shouldn't be too difficult to come by :D

My sister and her husband (AU alum) live in LaGrange, KY. My wife and I and the kids are going to go up and all of us go to the game. Keep in touch as November 5 gets here and maybe we can all meet up to tailgate in Lexington???

Oh yeah!! I grew up in LA (lower alabama) and now live in Wood River, IL. My son and I have tickets on the 30 yard line about 20 rows up. And, the game is the day before my birthday!! I will see all you fellow Tiger fans there!! Let's make it one helluva tiger walk- Warrr Eagle!!

I live in Lexington KY. Heart of UK country. I am the Vice President of the Bluegrass Auburn Club.

I would like to cordially invite each and every Auburn fan to an event we are planning on Nov. 4th (Friday) before the AU vs. UK game. We will be hosting this event at the Red Mile in Lexington. We plan to provide food and entertainment. We will also hold an auction. All proceeds from this event will go towards and endowment scholarship that the School of Veterinary Medicine has established in the memory of a pre-vet student from Louisville who died in an automobile accident.

We also are planning a tent on gameday.

Details will come as soon as I have them ironed out. We are still monkeying with the cover charges and overall plan of events. Please stay tuned...

P.S. IF ANYONE is planning on RV-ing up to Lexington, please let us know. We are reserving spots at the Kentucky horse park for RVs. First come first served. There is some charge involved. Again, details coming in the future. Stay tuned.

War EAGLE!!! :big:

Fans in and around Lexington. Join the Bluegrass Auburn Club!!!

bluegrassauburnclub.org

Contacts:

Kaye DOT Hughes AT auburnalum DOT org

or

randallstoves AT yahoo DOT com

I used to live in Lexington, and I now live in Knoxville. It's only 2.5 hrs. from Knox to Lex. The BLUEGRASS AUBURN CLUB is great and the party on Fri & Sat. before the game will be a BLAST for everyone. Kaye & Randall do a fabulous job planning their events. They also have some snazzy t-shirts if you need some cool AU-Wear no one else south of KY has. :big: The design is on the website.

Reply to AURainman.6 of us from the Atlanta area are flying up on Friday and may stop by your event.We have never been there and assume the Red Mile is a restaurant in Lexington :au:

I'll be going to the game. My parents live in Louiville so I'll stay with them and head to Lessington for the game.

Reply to AURainman.6 of us from the Atlanta area are flying up on Friday and may stop by your event.We have never been there and assume the Red Mile is a restaurant in Lexington :au:

174564[/snapback]

Some quick info:

The Bluegrass Auburn Club will be hosting a pre-game social and party at the Red Mile Harness Track in Lexington, KY on Nov 4th. Known for its fast, red clay and one-mile track, The Red Mile is the second oldest harness track in the world. For over 130 years, harness racing’s elite has converged on The Red Mile to stage some of the greatest equine battles in history.

In addition to each year's showcase horse racing, The Red Mile simulcasts 365 days a year and hosts numerous horse sales, wedding receptions, holiday parties, concerts, circuses, reunions, corporate meetings and many more events.

The Historic Round Barn is Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and offers a charm all it’s own. The barn is over 130 years old.

Heavy appetizers from Bayou Bluegrass Catering will feature Cajun dishes, pulled pork barbecue and a few Kentucky favorites: Derby Pie, corn pudding, burgoo and Kentucky hot brown. Music provided by the bluegrass band “Driving Rain”.

From North and South: Take I-75 to Lexington. Exit at #113 (US 68/Paris Pike). Turn off the exit Ramp onto Paris Pike heading toward Lexington. Follow Paris Pike for approximately five miles. Paris Pike turns into Broadway; follow it through downtown. Turn right onto Red Mile Road. Turn right into the first Red Mile entrance.

From East and West: Take I-65 to Lexington. I-64 will merge with I-75. Exit at #113 (US 68/Paris Pike). Turn off the exit Ramp onto Paris Pike heading toward Lexington. Follow Paris Pike for approximately five miles. Paris Pike turns into Broadway; follow it through downtown. Turn right onto Red Mile Road. Turn right into the first Red Mile entrance.

From the Airport: Turn left from the airport parking lot onto Man O' War Blvd. Turn right onto Versailles Road. Go approximately three miles. Turn right onto Red Mile Road. (Lee's Famous Recipe is on the corner). Turn left into the third Red Mile entrance.

From Blue Grass Parkway: Blue Grass Parkway ends at Versailles Road. After exiting the off ramp, continue on Versailles Road for approximately four to five miles. Turn right onto Red Mile Road. (Lee's Famous Recipe is on the corner). Turn left into the third Red Mile entrance.

The Red Mile

1200 Red Mile Road

Lexington, KY 40504

Archived