Baseball vs South Carolina

Very good win. Hopefully we can take the series! 

Very clean outing from our pitchers and timely hitting through the lineup. Huge kudos to this team for winning this one on the road. Still have enough arms to steal another W in Columbia today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

We have played well in openers all year.   Vail has become a real force.   Last night's game was only the fourth one where SCAR did not hit a home run.   If only Gonzo could have pitched this year.... 

Great job by our baseball team and coaches today. Down several pitchers and taking the first 2 on the road vs the Nations #3 team is outstanding. Heating up at the right time. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Game 2:

Go for the sweep tomorrow.

Sweeeeeet!!!!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great to see what no 10+ freebies will do. Enjoyed this one. What did you think @LPTiger?

WDE!!

Butch continues to pull the right strings.  I would have benched Nate 3 weeks ago, but Butch sticks with him and he has hit 2 Hr's in the last 4 games.   And he had a huge double play today.   Winning 2 against this team on the road, is the equivalent of football beating Alabama and UGA back to back.   Let's go Salty!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Butch continues to pull the right strings.  I would have benched Nate 3 weeks ago, but Butch sticks with him and he has hit 2 Hr's in the last 4 games.   And he had a huge double play today.   Winning 2 against this team on the road, is the equivalent of football beating Alabama and UGA back to back.   Let's go Salty!!!!

Well stated. I sometimes get frustrated for Butch sometimes appearing to bd too laid back and patient to a fault. But he keeps proving me wrong. His players will obviously run through a brick wall for him. This team has had several opportunities to check out this season but they’re competing like crazy for the post season. BT knows how to build a winning culture. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Well stated. I sometimes get frustrated for Butch sometimes appearing to bd too laid back and patient to a fault. But he keeps proving me wrong. His players will obviously run through a brick wall for him. This team has had several opportunities to check out this season but they’re competing like crazy for the post season. BT knows how to build a winning culture. 

Better stated!!!

• Like 1

A sweep of the coots would be fantastic but I’m happy to have the series. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm gone. 

Just tuned in to see SC go ahead HR, hit batter  and error.

I'm obviously bad luck.  Will turn off and watch the replay.

Edited by homersapien

Where is John Armstrong this week? Is he hurt? I know Crotchfield is injured and I think Sheehan is too. Our pitching staff is really been banged up this season.