i love this cat.he gets it..........

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Typical Marxist response.  Society is made up of humanity and it is the responsibility of humanity to be responsible for society to work.

WE are humanity.  The idea that you have no responsibility to your country, your fellow man is corrupt.  It does ease the mind of those who need others to look down upon.

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

WE are humanity.  The idea that you have no responsibility to your country, your fellow man is corrupt.  It does ease the mind of those who need others to look down upon.

Is not responsibility also include your country and fellow man?  You must first be responsible to yourself and family before you can turn your attention to your country and fellow man.  To be responsible is to not commit crimes against your fellow man, if you do it is up to society to punish such behavior. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is not responsibility also include your country and fellow man?  You must first be responsible to yourself and family before you can turn your attention to your country and fellow man.  To be responsible is to not commit crimes against your fellow man, if you do it is up to society to punish such behavior. 

Yes, of course.  However, refusing to aid the mentally ill, criminalizing the mentally ill is a societal failure.  WE are responsible for societal failures.

You and Mr. Sowell seem to understand our personal responsibilities and, totally disregard our civic, human responsibilities.  That is not being a good citizen, a patriot.  We have a duty towards those who have fallen into survival mode.

Assisting those in need is ultimately cheaper, less painful than simply ignoring and criminalizing.

Please,,, try to find your heart.

40 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes, of course.  However, refusing to aid the mentally ill, criminalizing the mentally ill is a societal failure.  WE are responsible for societal failures.

You and Mr. Sowell seem to understand our personal responsibilities and, totally disregard our civic, human responsibilities.  That is not being a good citizen, a patriot.  We have a duty towards those who have fallen into survival mode.

Assisting those in need is ultimately cheaper, less painful than simply ignoring and criminalizing.

Please,,, try to find your heart.

I think *totally disregard our civic responsibilities* is a little harsh as you have no idea how my civic actions are.  Having said that I would guess you are ready to sell everything you have and move to NYC to assist the unhoused and help those that have fallen into survival mode.

By the way, NYC has simply ignored the mentally ill and spent more money housing illegal aliens.  Interesting dilemma isn’t it.

Let us know how it’s going when you get to NYC.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think *totally disregard our civic responsibilities* is a little harsh as you have not idea how my civic actions are.  Having said that I would guess you are ready to sell everything you have and move to NYC to assist the unhoused and help those that have fallen into survival mode.

By the way, NYC has simply ignored the mentally ill and spent more money housing illegal aliens.  Interesting dilemma isn’t it.

Let us know how it’s going when you get to NYC.

If we would all do our part, collectively, as a society, no one will have to truly sacrifice.  That is how a "government of the people" should function.  Again,,, find your heart.  Your ideology has killed it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

If we would all do our part, collectively, as a society, no one will have to truly sacrifice.  That is how a "government of the people" should function.  Again,,, find your heart.  Your ideology has killed it.

Again Marxist and Communism all wrapped into one.  Your ideology will kill our democracy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Again Marxist and Communism all wrapped into one.  Your ideology will kill our democracy.

That is idiotic and false.  My "ideology" is,,, our society acting as caring human beings.  That is my only "ideology".  It promotes equality and therefore, promotes democracy.

Think about the costs of guns, ammunition, policing, adjudication, incarceration.  Think about the costs of being empathetic, caring, charitable.  Think about the long term costs and the ultimate effects on society.

A violent, grotesquely unequal, dysfunctional society will cause democracy to fail.  Consider history, please.

Are most folks seeking legislation to ban drag queens from performing in front of children hypocrites on a number of issues? Absolutely. But how the hell did promoting drag queens reading to children become an issue progressives spend more time promoting and defending than universal healthcare? Mandatory sick leave? Affordable college? 

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

That is idiotic and false.  My "ideology" is,,, our society acting as caring human beings.

Your ideology is having government be in charge of society.  Obviously humans are not capable of acting as you see they should, so the next step is government control.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your ideology is having government be in charge of society.

In a democracy, a government of the people,,, of course.

Showing compassion, helping others in not "control".

Are you denying any and all social, civic responsibility? 

57 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

In a democracy, a government of the people,,, of course.

Showing compassion, helping others in not "control".

Are you denying any and all social, civic responsibility? 

Of course I’m not denying any social and civic responsibility.  Wanting the government to take on the responsibility of social work and not allowing churches and synagogues to do the Lords work is control.

• Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course I’m not denying any social and civic responsibility.  Wanting the government to take on the responsibility of social work and not allowing churches and synagogues to do the Lords work is control.

A "government of the people" has social responsibilities.  Our government is our means by which we promote the general welfare.

Churches have no official role in our society.  Many churches are currently struggling with their own funding. 

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Many churches are currently struggling with their own funding. 

I wonder why that is?

Edited by I_M4_AU

15 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Churches have no official role in our society. 

I can’t let this go, in years past churches and synagogues have given to the poor and provided shelter.  If the government would harness that religious stewardship would it not do exactly how you see our responsibility?  Why won’t a government want that kind of participation?  Oh, I remember now, we have to separate church from state and not allow heart felt acts of kindness associated with Judaism and/or Christian beliefs to run rampant.

The government has neutered any compassion from religion.  You should like that.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can’t let this go, in years past churches and synagogues have given to the poor and provided shelter.  If the government would harness that religious stewardship would it not do exactly how you see our responsibility?  Why won’t a government want that kind of participation?  Oh, I remember now, we have to separate church from state and not allow heart felt acts of kindness associated with Judaism and/or Christian beliefs to run rampant.

The government has neutered any compassion from religion.  You should like that.

How about if churches were doing that well no one would ask what government was doing?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

How about if churches were doing that well no one would ask what government was doing?

Not sure what you are getting at here; but do you remember back in the panic of COVID and The Samaritan’s Purse set up a hospital in NYC and they were shunned?  We are a nation that rejects kindness especially if it is Christian based.

Edited by I_M4_AU

13 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

A "government of the people" has social responsibilities.  Our government is our means by which we promote the general welfare.

Churches have no official role in our society.  Many churches are currently struggling with their own funding. 

This is a perfect segway into an annoucement we had at church today. Our pastor and his wife attended training on teaching a class to help transition individuals who had lost their children due to addiction. The goal is that interested individuals attend the course on how to approach life in a more responsible way. It is faith based, but it isn't tied to church attendance or salvation. The course is sponsored by criminal court judges in our city. I fully support this type of training and will help in anyway I can to help somone get their life and kids back. 

This is a perfect example how churches can help in society.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not sure what you are getting at here; but do you remember back in the panic of COVID and The Samaritan’s Purse set up a hospital in NYC and they were shunned?  We are a nation that rejects kindness especially if it is Christian based.

They were actually invited by Mt. Sinai and stayed until Graham said the infection rate dropped. Criticized as exclusionary in a town with a large gay population? Sure. But they were allowed to perform services. They could set up free clinics now if they wanted to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Criticized as exclusionary in a town with a large gay population?

This proves my point.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They could set up free clinics now if they wanted to.

Maybe they will, but NYC still has a large gay population.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This proves my point.

Maybe they will, but NYC still has a large gay population.

When you refuse to accept gay volunteers it’s unreasonable not to expect pushback. But nothing is keeping them from feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and treating the sick .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, creed said:

This is a perfect segway into an annoucement we had at church today. Our pastor and his wife attended training on teaching a clase to help transistion individuals who had lost their children do to addiction. The goal is that interested individuals attend the course on how to approach life in a more responsible way. It is faith based, but it isn't tied to church attendance or salvation. The course is sponsored by criminal court judges in our city. I fully support this type of training and will help in anyway I can to help somone get their life and kids back. 

This is a perfect example how churches can help in society.

I hope you noted the word, official.  The church conducts it's missions by virtue of God's calling.  The government is a separate endeavor tasked with promoting the general welfare.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

How has the government done this?  Why would I supposedly like that?

You are wrong and now,,, just babbling.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I hope you noted the word, official.  The church conducts it's missions by virtue of God's calling.  The government is a separate endeavor tasked with promoting the general welfare.

I can see where the government can help to promote general welfare, but when it comes to the local community the government's one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work well in my opinion. Mainly due to the diversity and needs from one community to the next. This is where an actively involved church in the local community that has different/diverse ministries can outperform any government intentity and fulfills their mission of cummunity service. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

When you refuse to accept gay volunteers it’s unreasonable not to expect pushback. But nothing is keeping them from feeding the hungry, housing the homeless and treating the sick .

Maybe Mt. Sinai will invite them again.

Just now, creed said:

I can see where the government can help to promote general welfare, but when it comes to the local community the government's one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work well in my opinion. Mainly due to the diversity and needs from one community to the next. This is where an actively involved church in the local community that has different/diverse ministries can outperform any government intentity and fulfills their mission of cummunity service. 

I do not believe that this is an either/or situation.  I believe both of these institutions are charged with separate roles in assisting those in need.