Jump to content

i love this cat.he gets it..........


Recommended Posts

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





How about you haters coming at me HERE  if you do not care what i have to say on the political boards and not jump me out of the blue on it on a sports thread? can we do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The leading cause of death in children, by far, is abortion.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The leading cause of death in children, by far, is abortion.

prove it. because everyone is now saying it is the number one killer of kids in america. but you either deflect or miss the point. the bottom line is most of you value being able to carry assault rifles over kids lives. and you prove it every single day. you guys have one person i know of fighting for saner laws but i cannot remember his name. as an aside go watch the video access on our new QB. it is very good and i am impressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The leading cause of death in children, by far, is abortion.

you sir are wrong. take your pick and google those articles. i apologize for being bad with links. but you are worng and it would be nice to see you admit it for a change.

 

 

 

Firearms are the Leading Cause of Death for Children in ...

 
 
 
Jul 8, 2022Guns – including accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides – killed 4,357 children (ages 1-19 years old) in the United States in 2020, or ...
  •  
    Jul 8, 2022Firearms recently became the number one cause of death for children in the United States, surpassing motor vehicle deaths and those caused ...
 
Jun 8, 2022Feminist news roundup: women's rights in Ukraine; trans women in sports; June marks Pride Month; Oklahoma's extreme abortion ban; and more.
 
 
May 26, 2022Why it matters: The firearm death rate among children is steadily rising, as more kids are involved in gun-related homicides like Tuesday's mass ...
 
 
May 5, 2022The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently announced that gun violence has become the leading cause of death in children.
 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you sir are wrong

Number, Ratio and Rate of Reported Induced Abortions
United States, 1980 - 2019

Year Guttmacher Abortion Estimates CDC Abortion Surveillance System
Induced
Abortions
Ratio Rate Induced
Abortions 
Ratio   Rate  
1980  1,545,170 428 28 1,297,606 359 25
1985  1,578,800 420 28 1,328,570 353 24
1990  --- --- --- 1,429,247 344 24
1991  1,549,180 377 26 1,388,937 338 24
1992  1,520,810 374 26 1,359,146 334 23
1993  --- --- --- 1,330,414 333 23
1994  1,423,000 360 24 1,267,415 321 21
1995  1,359,400 349 23 1,210,883 311 20
1996  1,360,200 350 22 1,225,937 315 21
1997  1,335,000 344 22 1,186,039 306 20
1998  1,319,000 335 22 884,273 264 17
1999 1,314,800 332 21 861,789 256 17
2000 1,313,000 323 21 857,475 245 16
2001 1,291,000 321 21 853,485 246 16
2002 1,269,000 316 21 854,122 250 16
2003 1,250,000 306 20 848,163 245 16
2004 1,216,050 296 20 839,226 241 16
2005 1,198,960 290 19 820,151 236 16
2006 1,242,000 291 20 852,385 233 16
2007 1,202,960 279 19 827,609 226 16
2008 1,212,350 225 19 825,564 229 16
2009 1,151,600 279 19 789,217 225 15
2010 1,102,670 276 18 765,651 225 15
2011 1,058,490 268 17 730,322 217 14
2012 1,011,000 256 16 699,202 208 13
2013 958,700 244 15 664,435 198 13
2014 926,190 232 15 652,639 192 12
2015 899,500 226 14 638,169 188 12
2016 874,100 220 14 623,471 186 12
2017 862,300 219 14 612,719 185 11
2018 --- --- --- 619,591 189 11
2019 --- --- --- 629,898 195 11
             

 

Note: The ratio is the number of reported induced abortions per 1,000 live births. The rate is the number of reported induced abortions per 1,000 women aged 15-44 years.

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/osr/abortion/Tab_US.asp

That would be 4,357 to 629,898.  I would believe you are wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

May 5, 2022The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently announced that gun violence has become the leading cause of death in children.

pardon me if i take the Cdcp's word over yours. the article included abortion. one of those headlines did in fact so sorry i will not agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The leading cause of death in children, by far, is abortion.

That is a lie.  You cannot create your own definition of the word,,, child.

When you reduce what it means to be a human being to the microbiological level,,, you destroy what it actually means to be human.  I believe your agenda is purely political, not humanitarian.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those who truly want to minimize abortion will argue for social programs like: child care, healthcare, food assistance, affordable housing.

They certainly do not support the idea by advocating for guns.  That is an absurdity.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, icanthearyou said:

That is a lie.  You cannot create your own definition of the word,,, child.

When you reduce what it means to be a human being to the microbiological level,,, you destroy what it actually means to be human.  I believe your agenda is purely political, not humanitarian.

If left alone would a fetus become a child?  I’m not the one who is reducing what it means to be human, I feel for human life, you must believe if it isn’t outside the womb it is microbiological.  That is reducing what it means to be human to it’s lowest form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

If left alone would a fetus become a child?

Well, at least you now admit that a clump of dividing cells is not yet a child.  Abortion is a humane way to remove a clump of unwanted dividing cells.  Doing nothing but using the force of law to make sure we have a population of resentful parents and, unwanted children is highly inhumane.  It will also create a miserable, inefficient, unproductive society.

The solution lies in compassion, empathy, humanity, not the force of law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, at least you now admit that a clump of dividing cells is not yet a child.  Abortion is a humane way to remove a clump of unwanted dividing cells.  Doing nothing but using the force of law to make sure we have a population of resentful parents and, unwanted children is highly inhumane.  It will also create a miserable, inefficient, unproductive society.

The solution lies in compassion, empathy, humanity, not the force of law.

There is so much wrong with this post, I don’t know where to start.

What makes the clump of cells unwanted?  It surely isn’t the clump of cells that wants to be terminated. What was the norm before there was safe, legal and rare?  I don’t recall the population being made up of resentful parents.  People used to take responsibility for their actions, but since safe, legal and rare was a substitute for birth control people give little regard for human life especially if it is inconvenient to have a child.

Where is the compassion for the child that is sucked out of the woman’s womb?  Is there any empath for the humanity lost due to a woman’s self centered decision to abort?  The law did not force a woman to get pregnant, the was her decision.

Abortions have decreased since 1980 and this is a good thing and I would guess abortions to decrease even further in the coming years.  Do you want the rate to increase so we have less miserable, inefficient and unproductive people in the world?  Why would you assume the children being aborted are going to be worthless.  What a horrible way of looking at the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, at least you now admit that a clump of dividing cells is not yet a child.  Abortion is a humane way to remove a clump of unwanted dividing cells.  Doing nothing but using the force of law to make sure we have a population of resentful parents and, unwanted children is highly inhumane.  It will also create a miserable, inefficient, unproductive society.

The solution lies in compassion, empathy, humanity, not the force of law.

I agree with your assertion to a certain point. So a question. When does your compassion, empathy, humanity shift to the unborn?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

It surely isn’t the clump of cells that wants to be terminated.

A clump of dividing cells has no wants, no feelings, no desires, no brain activity

 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Where is the compassion for the child that is sucked out of the woman’s womb?

Yes.  There is no unwanted child to be neglected, unloved, unwanted.

 

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would you assume the children being aborted are going to be worthless.

I do not.  However, you cannot refuse to acknowledge data, statistics.  Without social benevolence, the probability of outcome is not good.

 

Again,,, your argument is political.  It lacks any real sense of humanity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I agree with your assertion to a certain point. So a question. When does your compassion, empathy, humanity shift to the unborn?

Higher brain function begins at 12-16 weeks.   16 weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Higher brain function begins at 12-16 weeks.   16 weeks. 

I suppose that means you do not support abortion after the first trimester unless the life of the mother or the child abnormality exists. 

Correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like add an opinion. Most people relate abortion to the female and think she is weak for seeking one. But I contend that abortion is much more a male issue. We have, and are raising, weak men in our society. A lot of this is centered around weak men who decide to divorce and break up their families, or raise their kids with low morals and lack of respect for women. I know I may be stepping on some toes here, but I believe a strong, loving, nuclear family, with a strong father is the cornerstone of any society.

To summarize, weak men are the root cause of abortions.

Edited by creed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

 

Applause - YouTube

Now cue the dismissals of everything JS ever said in life because he now believes that the natural origin of Covid-19 is just insane. No one, not even JS is allowed to have their own opinion about anything that the Hive-Mind says is verboten. It just cant happen...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Well, at least you now admit that a clump of dividing cells is not yet a child.  Abortion is a humane way to remove a clump of unwanted dividing cells.  Doing nothing but using the force of law to make sure we have a population of resentful parents and, unwanted children is highly inhumane.  It will also create a miserable, inefficient, unproductive society.

The solution lies in compassion, empathy, humanity, not the force of law.

Jesus, your Savior, communicated with John the Baptist while they were both in the wombs of Mary and her cousin Elizabeth.  Maybe you should reconsider your attack on human life and the sanctity that Jesus brought to that life. 

  • Facepalm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

A clump of dividing cells has no wants, no feelings, no desires, no brain activity

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Higher brain function begins at 12-16 weeks.   16 weeks. 

There are states that have the heart beat law and that is usually 6 weeks or so.  This would indicate some brain activity.  You mentioned 16 weeks, but really didn't answer Creed’s question.  Would you be alright with a 15 week abortion ban or are you one of those that want the woman to be able to decide if they want to abort the child up until the moment of birth?

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I do not.  However, you cannot refuse to acknowledge data, statistics.  Without social benevolence, the probability of outcome is not good.

 

Again,,, your argument is political.  It lacks any real sense of humanity.

Your first statement here indicates you would look to statistical data to abort a child as they would need benevolence by society to survive.  Your next statement accuses me of being political.  I believe I am more concerned with the welfare of the unborn and you are being more political. 

  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, creed said:

I'd like add an opinion. Most people relate abortion to the female and think she is weak for seeking one. But I contend that abortion is much more a male issue. We have, and are raising, weak men in our society. A lot of this is centered around weak men who decide to divorce and break up their families, or raise their kids with low morals and lack of respect for women. I know I may be stepping on some toes here, but I believe a strong, loving, nuclear family, with a strong father is the cornerstone of any society.

To summarize, weak men are the root cause of abortions.

Disagree.  I think we all play a part in the problem, all of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, creed said:

I suppose that means you do not support abortion after the first trimester unless the life of the mother or the child abnormality exists. 

Correct? 

I support the idea that abortion should be legal up to 16 weeks, longer if the health of the mother is at risk, the fetus becomes non viable or severely deformed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

 

 

The problem in our time is the refusal to acknowledge the greater responsibility to society, to humanity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The problem in our time is the refusal to acknowledge the greater responsibility to society, to humanity.

Typical Marxist response.  Society is made up of humanity and it is the responsibility of humanity to be responsible for society to work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...