42 out of 85

Zeek

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Scholarship football players have been brought in by Freeze’s staff through the 2023 high school class and the transfer portal.

This includes nine of the eleven projected offensive starters and at least 5 of the defensive starters.

I know some people don’t journey to the recruiting section so just some recap.

Auburn’s Incoming Transfers:

4* WR Shane Hooks - Jackson State
3* ED Stephen Sings - Liberty
3* LB Larry Nixon III - North Texas
4* WR Jyaire Shorter - North Texas
3* ED Jalen McLeod - App State
3* OG Jaden Muskrat - Tulsa
3* QB Payton Thorne - Michigan State
4* WR Caleb Burton - Ohio State
3* LB Austin Keys - Ole Miss
4* NT Justin Rogers - Kentucky
4* C Avery Jones - ECU
4* RB Brian Battie - USF
3* WR Nick Mardner - Cincinnati

4* LB DeMario Tolan
3* DL Lawrence Johnson
4* DT Mosiah Nasili-Kite
4* OT Gunner Britton
4* OT Dillon Wade
3* ED Elijah McAllister
4* TE Rivaldo Fairweather

3* CB - Syrus Dumas - New Mexico State

High School Additions:

4* ED Keldric Faulk

4* CB Kayin Lee

4* DE Wilky Denaud

4* IOL Connor Lew

3* IOL Clay Wedin 

3* JUCO OT Izavion Miller

3* C Bradyn Joiner

3* ED Brenton Williams

3* DL Stephen Johnson

4* RB Jeremiah Cobb

4* DL Darron Reed

4* S Sylvester Smith

4* S Terrance Love

4* CB Tyler Scott

4* CB Colton Hood

3* WR Daquayvious Sorey

3* OT Tyler Johnson

3* S CJ Johnson

3* CB JC Hart

3* JUCO DL Quientrail Jamison-Travis

3* QB Hank Brown

Not a bad start at roster management and recruiting.

Thanks Zeek, good breakdown!

Thanks for the list. It's definitely hard for most of us to keep up. And I do genuinely appreciate your ongoing efforts here, Zeek. You are an AUF hero.

So, when you say "This includes nine of the eleven projected offensive starters and at least 5 of the defensive starters." I'm wondering why these are so-called **starters** before even fall practice?

Where does this projection of "starters" come from. Is this your opinion? Or some Auburn assistant coach opinion? Or somebody who said it based on some guy's sister's, boyfriend's cousin's, brother's opinion?

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Thanks for the list. It's definitely hard for most of us to keep up. And I do genuinely appreciate your ongoing efforts here, Zeek. You are an AUF hero.

So, when you say "This includes nine of the eleven projected offensive starters and at least 5 of the defensive starters." I'm wondering why these are so-called **starters** before even fall practice?

Where does this projection of "starters" come from. Is this your opinion? Or some Auburn assistant coach opinion? Or somebody who said it based on some guy's sister's, boyfriend's cousin's, brother's opinion?

It's projected because the other starters were bad or have graduated (or transferred out).  OL, WR and QB (which is most of the offense) were all upgraded in the portal. 

Edited by BornAU76
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Literally the same way projected starters have occurred every other season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Scholarship football players have been brought in by Freeze’s staff through the 2023 high school class and the transfer portal.

This includes nine of the eleven projected offensive starters and at least 5 of the defensive starters.

Auburn’s Incoming Transfers:

4* WR Shane Hooks - Jackson State
3* ED Stephen Sings - Liberty
3* LB Larry Nixon III - North Texas
4* WR Jyaire Shorter - North Texas
3* ED Jalen McLeod - App State
3* OG Jaden Muskrat - Tulsa
3* QB Payton Thorne - Michigan State
4* WR Caleb Burton - Ohio State
3* LB Austin Keys - Ole Miss
4* NT Justin Rogers - Kentucky
4* C Avery Jones - ECU
4* RB Brian Battie - USF
3* WR Nick Mardner - Cincinnati

4* LB DeMario Tolan
3* DL Lawrence Johnson
4* DT Mosiah Nasili-Kite
4* OT Gunner Britton
4* OT Dillon Wade
3* ED Elijah McAllister
4* TE Rivaldo Fairweather

3* CB - Syrus Dumas - New Mexico State

High School Additions:

4* ED Keldric Faulk

4* CB Kayin Lee

4* DE Wilky Denaud

4* IOL Connor Lew

3* IOL Clay Wedin 

3* JUCO OT Izavion Miller

3* C Bradyn Joiner

3* ED Brenton Williams

3* DL Stephen Johnson

4* RB Jeremiah Cobb

4* DL Darron Reed

4* S Sylvester Smith

4* S Terrance Love

4* CB Tyler Scott

4* CB Colton Hood

3* WR Daquayvious Sorey

3* OT Tyler Johnson

3* S CJ Johnson

3* CB JC Hart

3* JUCO DL Quientrail Jamison-Travis

3* QB Hank Brown

Not a bad start at roster management and recruiting.

Thank you for this . That’s an amazing stat line 

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Just goes to show you how bad a shape our roster was in

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaking No Way GIF by Tokyo Cowboys

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just goes to show you how bad a shape our roster was in

Not saying we didn't need help but... In a normal, pre-portal year 25 new freshman signees were added. Since the portal an average of 10 to 20 have left and been replaced annually. These numbers apply to most schools, not just Auburn.

I'm thinking we are looking at what has become the new normal with around 40 new faces every year. Every coaching staff in the country will be challenged with basically rebuilding their team every season and to a much greater extent than in prior times.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Where does this projection of "starters" come from

Let's just take a few hypotheticals.....This is just completely made up stuff

• The current Depth Chart at EDGE contains guys who have accumulated like 0 sacks ever in their CFB careers vs a guy with double digit sacks & rated near the top of pass rushers by PFF
  • There might be a 300 pound body lined up at Guard at various points during spring, but one with actual ability has joined the team.
  • Current top of the Depth Chart QB single biggest issue is throwing the football well vs someone who has completed 65 & 63% of their passes and like 50TDs over the past two seasons
  • All existing WRs have approximately 4TD passes combined between like 8 of em ....purely hypothetically a team brings in two guys with 20 TDs in the prior season
  • Well just look at the DL and 67% of the starters post spring are transfers.

All just hypothetically of course 

• Like 3

Our biggest improvement is already obvious,,, coaching and management.

Players make the ultimate difference but, the foundation has now been restored.  It's not really about where you are, it's about what the direction you are going.  Nice to see someone leading who is determined to continuously improve.

• Like 1

A lot of new names. It almost feels shallow compared to pre-portal. It felt like you got to know the players after they’ve been there a couple of years. This is the new norm.

• Like 1

If the transfer portal had been in play when SMU got the death penalty in the 80s, imagine how much faster they could’ve recovered. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

If the transfer portal had been in play when SMU got the death penalty in the 80s, imagine how much faster they could’ve recovered. 

If NIL was a thing they never would've gotten the death penalty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

We had what amounted to the death penalty except it was called a Brian Harsin.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

If NIL was a thing they never would've gotten the death penalty.

Yeah, SMU was miles ahead of everybody with their NIL program.

Well, except for Dodge Charger U

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, SMU was miles ahead of everybody with their NIL program.

Well, except for Dodge Charger U

I think a common misconception is that NIL means teams aren't still cheating. Bama's charger dealership continues to pump out its most consistent recruiting tool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think a common misconception is that NIL means teams aren't still cheating. Bama's charger dealership continues to pump out its most consistent recruiting tool.

Oh, I have no misconception. Cheating is a way of life with that bunch. Been doing it for decades. 

Nicky Jr. over here in Athens is taking it to another level as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I mean our QB just got a fancy dandy shining toy. It is what it is 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Oh, I have no misconception. Cheating is a way of life with that bunch. Been doing it for decades. 

Nicky Jr. over here in Athens is taking it to another level as well.

Why would any of them change a system that was working under the table and draw funds from the NIL pool if it isn’t necessary?  Those NIL dollars can be redistributed to other players while the under the table automobiles keep running a racket.  Seems like a smart way to operate and make your NIL $$ go further.:dunno:

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not saying we didn't need help but... In a normal, pre-portal year 25 new freshman signees were added. Since the portal an average of 10 to 20 have left and been replaced annually. These numbers apply to most schools, not just Auburn.

I'm thinking we are looking at what has become the new normal with around 40 new faces every year. Every coaching staff in the country will be challenged with basically rebuilding their team every season and to a much greater extent than in prior times.

I was literally just thinking "gone are the days when can you follow a kid's career from high school to college for all 3/4 years".  Think: Dyer, Lawson, Carnell, etc. Now its hard to even remember who's on the team from year to year...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I mean our QB just got a fancy dandy shining toy. It is what it is 

I’m all for Auburn matching the cheating level of our peers

• Like 2