Baseball vs Bammer

9 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Got some high hopes, I see

Lol…just followed Auburn sports long enough to know not to get my hopes up, and instead to be pleasantly surprised from time to time

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

This team put itself in position for post season with an amazing second half and this place had about 3 of us showing up to discuss it. Lost a couple of games and several new posters arrive to tear the team down. Sad. 

Notice that myself its sad and weird at the same time

10 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Huh!! Auburn folds like a cheap suit under pressure. Poorly coached situation baseball. 

Sort of like some fans.   ‘ALL IN’ when they win and fold like a cheap suit when they lose. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, C'viewTiger said:

Sort of like some fans.   ‘ALL IN’ when they win and fold like a cheap suit when they lose. 

Obviously anyone believing this team folds has not followed this season. Want to think what we saw in Hoover was a very weary team. Even at that we had a chance until the final bat swing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Obviously anyone believing this team folds has not followed this season. Want to think what we saw in Hoover was a very weary team. Even at that we had a chance until the final bat swing.

I totally agree. We do not have much depth and exhaustion is a factor. Butch is motivating them to play beyond what should be reality; however, slim depth will probably be one of our biggest challenges in regards to the gauntlet of games teams have to play before hoisting a trophy. 

• Like 1

I can promise you the players were gassed.    Bryson was quoted today as saying they were not there mentally or physically. against Bama   Over the season you build a routine.   No routine involves back to back games that end after midnight.   By the time you get back to the hotel at the Galleria, shower, get treatment, hydrate/snack, you ar looking at 1:30-2:00AM before you start to sleep.   If your routine involves waking up at 7am, you are going to wake up around that same time regardless of when you go to bed.   One day of that is tough, two in a row is next to impossible.   I think the SEC should consider bumping the start time for the tourney to 8AM instead of 9:30 and reduce the time between games from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.   Those 2 changes have the potential to alter the end of the last game by 2 hours.   Ending at 10 or 10:30 is much better than 12 or 12:30.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I can promise you the players were gassed.    Bryson was quoted today as saying they were not there mentally or physically. against Bama   Over the season you build a routine.   No routine involves back to back games that end after midnight.   By the time you get back to the hotel at the Galleria, shower, get treatment, hydrate/snack, you ar looking at 1:30-2:00AM before you start to sleep.   If your routine involves waking up at 7am, you are going to wake up around that same time regardless of when you go to bed.   One day of that is tough, two in a row is next to impossible.   I think the SEC should consider bumping the start time for the tourney to 8AM instead of 9:30 and reduce the time between games from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.   Those 2 changes have the potential to alter the end of the last game by 2 hours.   Ending at 10 or 10:30 is much better than 12 or 12:30.

Love the 8:00 start idea. 9:30 start is not even fair for the fans. Old people like Golf just can’t hang in much past 10:00.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

This team put itself in position for post season with an amazing second half and this place had about 3 of us showing up to discuss it. Lost a couple of games and several new posters arrive to tear the team down. Sad. 

Same story in the softball thread.  Team finishes 3rd in the SEC, Penta wins SEC Pitcher of the Year, they were gypped out of hosting a regional, eventually lost to Clemson 1 game to 2 in the Clemson regional (Valerie Cagle of Clemson is a finalist for national player of the year and should win, IMO)...and yet people show up in the thread to say the team is mediocre/the coach has accomplished nothing, berate the officials, etc.  Sad indeed.

Surprising to me how few people here seem interested in any sport other than football and, to a slightly lesser degree, men's basketball.  I guess that's why we struggle with NIL for the other sports.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Same story in the softball thread.  Team finishes 3rd in the SEC, Penta wins SEC Pitcher of the Year, they were gypped out of hosting a regional, eventually lost to Clemson 1 game to 2 in the Clemson regional (Valerie Cagle of Clemson is a finalist for national player of the year and should win, IMO)...and yet people show up in the thread to say the team is mediocre/the coach has accomplished nothing, berate the officials, etc.  Sad indeed.

Surprising to me how few people here seem interested in any sport other than football and, to a slightly lesser degree, men's basketball.  I guess that's why we struggle with NIL for the other sports.

Agreed. I follow baseball, softball, and basketball much closer now. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day. The opposite in football. Watching 5 or 6 teams completely dominate football is boring and bad for the sport . I enjoy the other sports because it’s a reset week after week. 
And yes, I wish more NIL dollars went to the other sports. We can contend for titles consistently there if that happens. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 8:03 PM, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Huh!! Auburn folds like a cheap suit under pressure. Poorly coached situation baseball. 

This smells like trolling …

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

9 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Or foolishness 

Or plain old stupidity.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

12 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Or foolishness 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Or plain old stupidity.

More likely all three

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 7:01 PM, Golden Eagle said:

Golden E I think it is a legitimate question regarding Coach Dean as to can he take AU to the next level -- super regionals and WCWS.    In his 16 year HC career he has been almost automatic in getting a post-season bid, but he has been even more automatic with not maximizing that opportunity.   In 16 years he has 0 WCWS appearances and has only been to one super regional.   Compare that with a guy like Clint Myers who went to the WCWS 9 out of 12 years.  Granted Myers is an outlier.   Coach Dean is a solid coach, but at some point you are who your record says you are.   You are spot on with your comment about lack of interest.    A football recruit thread on a 2024 kid who narrows his list to 10 schools gets more interest that us winning back to back series against the #1 and #2 teams in the country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Apparently it wasn't over.  Just over for those that don't agree with the narrative presented. 

I will clarify……my conversation with you is over.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1