Baseball hosting a regional

This team should be absolutely humiliated. 12ks and 4 hits off of an ivy league staff. Looks like a short post season. 

• Like 4

Just now, Golden Eagle said:

Penn closer has some nasty movement on his pitches...

Must be nice

Pathetic three game losing streak after playing so well for a month and a half.

Unbelievable 

8 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

This team should be absolutely humiliated. 12ks and 4 hits off of an ivy league staff. Looks like a short post season. 

The effort on our part seemed lacking.

• Sad 1

Don't think this team has enough pitching to win 4 straight games. And now they have no offense either. And I hate the all blue uniforms. Other than that, hell of a weekend of baseball 

Edited by tigers23

Butch got his @$$ outcoached big time tonight. Played like we just drew a team’s name out of a hat 30 mins before first pitch and had no idea who they were or what they could/would do.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 2

I try to find something good in most everything. The only thing good about this game is.......IT'S OVER!!

Last two batters struck out. That is what our hitters did all night. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

Don't think this team has enough pitching to win 4 straight games. And now they have no offense either. And I hate the all blue uniforms. Other than that, hell of a weekend of baseball 

Short on pitching and the bats have left the buiding.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Guess this should be updated to 14ks. Time for Butch to chew some a$$.

Just now, tigers23 said:

Guess this should be updated to 14ks. Time for Butch to chew some a$$.

Bad day at slippery rock.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Last two batters struck out. That is what our hitters did all night. 

Hitters strike out, pitchers can't throw strikes. Wouldn't at all be surprised if So Miss ends our season tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tigers23 said:

Hitters strike out, pitchers can't throw strikes. Wouldn't at all be surprised if So Miss ends our season tomorrow 

Good thing we were a regional host!

Just wow! Don’t know what to say except, embarrassing. I guess this is another case of JABA. Get ourselves into hosting position and then lay an egg to an ivy. Was hoping for a lot more energy than this.

Can't believe how we win 12 straight against fire competition only to crash down losing 3 of 4 in postseason

I think LPTiger commented in the SEC Tournament thread that Bryson Ware said the team was mentally and physically 'out of it' for the Alabama game and needed some down time to rest and recover.  The R&R hasn't helped them.  Hard to understand how they could go from being one of the hottest teams in the country to looking lost but I guess that's baseball for you.

I hope they can put this loss behind them and play up to their potential tomorrow.  Hate to see this team, especially the seniors, end their season on such a low note.

• Like 1

I know people are irritated… I am … but our pitching was good enough for 10 innings.  Actually stellar if you could take away the last pitch by bauman.

cannon just isn’t meant for that 11th … although i believe Nate not being in he game may have been a huge factor.

our batting… awful

• Like 4

I felt pitching was great considering that there was zero run support. Pitchers were never given a chance to relax with a lead. 

Penn was fantastic - I think we had maybe 5 batters all night starting ahead in the count - nearly every time we started in the hole.

And our pitchers would get 2 outs and 2 strikes and then would fall apart and then have to battle for the 3rd out- never an easy 1-2-3 innings just way too much pressure.

Top of the order comes up in the bottom of the 11th and.....three up, three down. Disappointing game to say the least.

• Like 1

Bunt rant: Take note of the bunts Penn laid down. Three in a row. A good bunt can be a real difference maker and last night was a great example. I bring this up, because we are terrible at bunting. I’ve seen us pop up bunts 30 feet high for outs and bunts that travel 40 feet. We’ve been terrible at bunting since Gross has been our hitting coach and it’s inexcusable. It’s all about technique and that can be learned and mastered if practiced correctly. Last night we made a could have feeble attempts at it, and there were times we had runners on and a well executed bunt (Like the 3 Penn executed) could’ve been a difference maker. It is time for Gross to either make us good at it or stop trying to do it altogether. 

• Like 1

A positive note: All 3 of the other teams burned their ace yesterday (all over 100 pitches) and we still have ours with Vail. Herberholtz is available as well. After USM let their ace throw 120 pitches, they brought in their number 2 guy yesterday in relief as well. If we hit even decently we should be able to send them home and will catch a Penn/Samford team with limited arm choices. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

Just wow! Don’t know what to say except, embarrassing. I guess this is another case of JABA. Get ourselves into hosting position and then lay an egg to an ivy. Was hoping for a lot more energy than this.

JABA? New to Auburn baseball?