Donald Trump Indicted Again.

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

It clear to me that most people in the thread aren't interested in application of the law equally. Just for their political opponents.

That's just BS.

All of the cases you listed were investigated - or are being investigated - by either the Department of Justice and/or congress.  You just don't like their conclusions which didn't result in major indictments. Hell, Republican secretaries of state (Colin Powell) did the exact same thing Hillary did, and nobody even mentioned investigating him.

But to your point, all investigative bodies have strong resistance to bringing charges against prominent political entities unless the charges are rock solid and represent very high probabilities of convictions.  That is true for both parties and for pretty good reasoning. Maybe what we need is more aggressive investigation and prosecution for all politicians. 

But you keep implying there is a cabal or conspiracy in the government or liberal legislatures which is tilted against conservatives - similar to the "deep state" conspiracy.   (Mentioning Hunter Biden is a key "tell".)

That's crazy, and it undoubtedly explains why you get accused of "Q" thinking, because it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Might want to before you comment further.

I can't make heads or tails of this sentence. Come again?

Do you thing Biden’s decision making about possessing Classified Documents after Trump was caught with the same influenced his decision to turn them over?  Do you think he sought out Garland’s advice before doing so?

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

but trump kept lying about it over and over. now his poor ol butler will probably go down because trump got him to lie and he got caught lying for trump. biden complied. on hill i have no idea but i know they ALL used email and stuff they were not supposed to. w did and cheney did as well and no one appears to be upset. but let a dem start an illegal war based on lies and they would hang his ass on the front lawn. why have they not been held accountable? we can piss and moan all we want but most presidents get away with murder unless you are trump and piss everyone off pretty much. trump thinks he is bigger than america and has continually showed his ass and now he is in for it.

Yeah my comments weren't designed to defend trump. I wouldn't willingly vote for anyone actually capable of making the general election in our current two party system.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont know that I follow what you're saying completely. There's plenty of examples on both sides where the law has been selectively applied to my aggravation.

Trump and his followers claim that if he’s being held accountable, the dems should too. But Trump never held anyone accountable. He literally campaigned on “lock her up” and then did nothing. So what it sounds like you’re upset about is that people are being held accountable under Biden. Isn’t that what you all always wanted? For corrupt lawmakers to be held accountable for their crimes? 

Trump and the GOP didn’t hold anyone accountable while they had all the power. That sounds like a problem that their voters need to be upset with them for. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's just BS.

All of the cases you listed were investigated - or are being investigated - by either the Department of Justice and/or congress.  You just don't like their conclusions which didn't result in major indictments. Hell, Republican secretaries of state (Colin Powell) did the exact same thing Hillary did, and nobody even mentioned investigating him.

But to your point, all investigative bodies have strong resistance to bringing charges against prominent political entities unless the charges are rock solid and represent very high probabilities of convictions.  That is true for both parties and for pretty good reasoning. Maybe what we need is more aggressive investigation and prosecution for all politicians. 

But you keep implying there is a cabal or conspiracy in the government or liberal legislatures which is tilted against conservatives - similar to the "deep state" conspiracy.   (Mentioning Hunter Biden is a key "tell".)

That's crazy, and it undoubtedly explains why you get accused of "Q" thinking, because it is. 

A key tell lol. Yeah I'm done engaging with you. You're the person I had in mind when I made the post you quoted. I can discuss things with people that still have the ability to see both sides and the faults that lie there. If you can't see that hunter Biden did some really shady and illegal stuff and should be charged for it, we have nothing left to discuss.

• Like 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Trump and his followers claim that if he’s being held accountable, they should too. But Trump never held anyone accountable. He literally campaigned on “lock her up” and then did nothing. So what it sounds like you’re upset about is that people are being held accountable under Biden. Isn’t that what you all always wanted? For corrupt lawmakers to be held accountable for their crimes? 

Trump and the GOP didn’t hold anyone accountable while they had all the power. That sounds like a problem that their voters need to be upset with them for. 

Well, I don't know that he alone had the power to do that. But the GOP doesn't have a spine when it comes to more than just accountability for the opponents. They don't have a spine on any of their so called positions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He's running so he can escape the reality of all of the criminal indictments he's going to get hit with. He's in self preservation mode, now. He wants to win the presidency and feel like he's safe from further actions being taken. I agree that he will run as a third party candidate if he somehow doesn't secure the nomination for the republican party. I think he feels like, becoming president is the only way out of all of this. 

that and all the money his followers send in to him. millions...............

• Like 3

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of ‎Superman and ‎text that says '‎Vampire Sunlight Kryptonite Superman Lefties ت Facts‎'‎‎

Memes are NOT welcome here, sir. 🤣

And if they are, I have some spicy ones that will get everyone hating me if that isn't the case already...

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Well, I don't know that he alone had the power to do that. But the GOP doesn't have a spine when it comes to more than just accountability for the opponents. They don't have a spine on any of their so called positions. 

They don’t. If the name of the game is to start draining the swamp, you can’t get mad when it starts getting drained. Let’s say Biden chooses to pardon Trump and everyone just agrees to look the other way. Then the GOP gets power again and they choose to let the dems get away with everything. The corruption never stops. 

This is a day to rejoice. Corrupt billionaires who think they’re above the law are finding out they aren’t. Americans should be proud that the justice system is getting just a little bit better. Trump will get his day in court and be judged by a jury of his peers. If he’s found guilty, then he is found guilty.

If the GOP decides in 10 years to prosecute Biden, then he will be judged as well.

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

A key tell lol. Yeah I'm done engaging with you. You're the person I had in mind when I made the post you quoted. I can discuss things with people that still have the ability to see both sides and the faults that lie there. If you can't see that hunter Biden did some really shady and illegal stuff and should be charged for it, we have nothing left to discuss.

My understanding is that Hunter Biden remains under investigation.  Is that not true?

I suspect they will find that he tried to profit off the fact his father is POTUS.  If so, I can only presume you would support similar investigations of Trump's kids, right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Not keeping up with Jim Jordan and his committee huh?  :laugh:

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

They don’t. If the name of the game is to start draining the swamp, you can’t get mad when it starts getting drained. Let’s say Biden chooses to pardon Trump and everyone just agrees to look the other way. Then the GOP gets power again and they choose to let the dems get away with everything. The corruption never stops. 

This is a day to rejoice. Corrupt billionaires who think they’re above the law are finding out they aren’t. Americans should be proud that the justice system is getting just a little bit better. Trump will get his day in court and be judged by a jury of his peers. If he’s found guilty, then he is found guilty.

If the GOP decides in 10 years to prosecute Biden, then he will be judged as well.

I wish I had that kind of optimistic faith. But I don't think it would continue. I think the GOP and the Dems just want trump gone. So the accountability would die there. The swamp just wants to be left alone, and Trump disrupted that. That's not a defense of him, he aggravated me to no end too. But it's not defending him to state the fact that he wasn't apart of their system and didn't play nice with them, and paid the price. 

But I dont think this is the start of a trend, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

May be an image of ‎Superman and ‎text that says '‎Vampire Sunlight Kryptonite Superman Lefties ت Facts‎'‎‎

i call bull****. i have approached you with facts about tubs and you still ignore me. again, his own brother called him racist as well as the national media. act like you own a pair and admit you were wrong. and never jump ichy again for emojies as you do the same thing especially when you have been busted over a lie and have no comeback. instead of admiting you were wrong you just hope it goes away right?

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My understanding is that Hunter Biden remains under investigation.  Is that not true?

I suspect they will find that he tried to profit off the fact his father is POTUS.  If so, I can only presume you would support similar investigations of Trump's kids, right?

I want everyone who breaks the law held accountable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Memes are NOT welcome here, sir. 🤣

And if they are, I have some spicy ones that will get everyone hating me if that isn't the case already...

do it! this is smack down. we will bitch and then love you for it...............well mostly  lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

if hunter is guilty i say get him. so do most of the left on here unless they are making a point.

• Like 2

I agree. 

Unfortunately, simply profiting off the fact your father - or father-in-law - is POTUS is probably not illegal. 

But if so, let's damn well apply it to Trump's kids as well. We can start with the $2 billion Saudi Arabia "invested" with Jared Kushner.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i call bull****. i have approached you with facts about tubs and you still ignore me. again, his own brother called him racist as well as the national media. act like you own a pair and admit you were wrong. and never jump ichy again for emojies as you do the same thing especially when you have been busted over a lie and have no comeback. instead of admiting you were wrong you just hope it goes away right?

Still waiting for you to show me the discussion about Tubs. I may have said something but don't remember. Calling anyone here a liar is unnecessary, and I will continue emojies to you, ichy or anyone else who constantly calls another poster a liar.

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Still waiting for you to show me the discussion about Tubs. I may have said something but don't remember. Calling anyone here a liar is unnecessary, and I will continue emojies to you, ichy or anyone else who constantly calls another poster a liar.

i posted that several days ago but nice excuse. but you and others bitch about ichy and emojies so i think that is bad look to bang someone about what you do all the time as well.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I agree. 

Unfortunately, simply profiting off the fact your father - or father-in-law is POTUS is probably not illegal. 

But if so, let's damn well apply it to Trump's kids as well. We can start with the $2 billion Saudi Arabia "invested" with Jared Kushner.

No its probably not illegal just to benefit from the notoriety. But if it can be tied to policy influence it is. That's a relatively easy case for hunter. I'm not sure what expertise he had with sitting on a Ukrainian energy board. That may be the case with Kushner, too, I'm just not as familiar with the details. At least he had a legit business to invest in, so more investigating wouod be needed.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i posted that several days ago but nice excuse. but you and others bitch about ichy and emojies so i think that is bad look to bang someone about what you do all the time as well.

But you still refuse to tell me where this discussion took place while making little nasty

comments.

6 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

But you still refuse to tell me where this discussion took place while making little nasty

comments.

dude you told me it was a lie. did you just wake up or something? his own brother outed him out. and you got mad and showed your behind. then when i proved it was true you ran off. i am not going over it a third time. go back and look.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

No its probably not illegal just to benefit from the notoriety. But if it can be tied to policy influence it is. That's a relatively easy case for hunter. I'm not sure what expertise he had with sitting on a Ukrainian energy board. That may be the case with Kushner, too, I'm just not as familiar with the details. At least he had a legit business to invest in, so more investigating wouod be needed.

Burisma undoubtedly hired Hunter on the hope they could influence policy. But I disagree they got anything from it.

For starters, policy to do what?  What policy enacted or proposed by Obama/Biden - that Hunter could influence - would have benefited Burisma? Or anyone else in Ukraine for that matter? 

Ousting the corrupt president of Ukraine was already baked into the cake by both the US and the democratic world community.  Not sure how that affected Burisma, but Hunter had no role in it.

Now, Trump's attempt to blackmail Ukraine by withholding military aid until they "investigated" Hunter, speaks for itself.  And Republicans were willing to overlook or dismiss that

I do hold Biden responsible for not preventing Hunter from accepting a job with them.  That's exactly why I voted for Amy Klobuchar in the Democratic primary.

Edited by homersapien

37 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I maintain that you and PUB78 are related. Or possibly the same person.

• Haha 3