Donald Trump Indicted Again.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Again, one more swing and a miss...

Shut up and let the adults talk about the issues. 

Go back and just exercise your obsession with the media, as if substance doesn't really matter.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And how many times have we heard that trump was done in by a bombshell report?

See for yourself all the bogus times we have heard this before...bombshell...tipping point...walls closing in...etc.

i understand your point but i believe he has used up his nine lives now. i just think everyone should be held accountable including dems if they are guilty. i understand with a president some leeway is given but i think everyone is tired of old donald now with his bull**** and his lies and slandering people. i doubt he ever goes to prison but he will be found guilty and i would bet money on it. what they do when he is might be probation or some cra[ which i hope they do so he gets a little of that back. it would kill his pride.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i understand your point but i believe he has used up his nine lives now. i just think everyone should be held accountable including dems if they are guilty. i understand with a president some leeway is given but i think everyone is tired of old donald now with his bull**** and his lies and slandering people. i doubt he ever goes to prison but he will be found guilty and i would bet money on it. what they do when he is might be probation or some cra[ which i hope they do so he gets a little of that back. it would kill his pride.

let's hope....

• Love 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Shut up and let the adults talk about the issues. 

Go back and just exercise your obsession with the media, as if substance doesn't really matter.

Well, when the media starts getting stuff correct, I will. All I am saying is act like a grownup and don't jump the shark before this case gets to a jury.

How many times have we been told walls closing in...bombshell report... the beginning of the end?

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Well, when the media start getting stuff correct, I will. All I am saying is act like a grownup and don't jump the shark before this case gets to a jury.

How many times have we been told walls closing in...bombshell report... the beginning of the end?

i am beginning to believe you on the media. i have clicked clickbait that never even talked about was in the title they just wanted you to click it anyway so they lied. and these were not ads either. it is shameful and dishonest. hell they are doing it in sports articles now as well. i hate it..............

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It will take the country decades to recover from Trump - if we do at all.

Can a democracy operate without the people's confidence in rule of law and our institutions? 

I think not. 

Trump did alot of frustrating things and says a lot of stupid sh*t. But to pretend he's the sole reason people have lost faith in institutions and and media is utterly ridiculous and idiotic. I hope you can recognize the bias and flat out lying these institutions and media have done. They eroded faith themselves. 

Democracy won't die just because of Trump. To be clear, I don't think he helped. But I feel like this ignores half the issue.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

See for yourself all the bogus times we have heard this before...bombshell...tipping point...walls closing in...etc.

Stop blaming the media.  Blame yourself if you are dumb enough to believe everything you hear/see on the opinion shows.  Blame yourself if you cannot discern news from entertainment.  You are trying so hard to be objective,,, you have made everything subjective.  It is not logical, not rational.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Trump did alot of frustrating things and says a lot of stupid sh*t. But to pretend he's the sole reason people have lost faith in institutions and and media is utterly ridiculous and idiotic. I hope you can recognize the bias and flat out lying these institutions and media have done. They eroded faith themselves. 

Democracy won't die just because of Trump. To be clear, I don't think he helped. But I feel like this ignores half the issue.

i think democracy started dying with dark money. people underestimate greed and it is in fact a destroyer of nations.  that sounded good didn't it?    grins

• Like 2

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Stop blaming the media.  Blame yourself if you are dumb enough to believe everything you hear/see on the opinion shows.  Blame yourself if you cannot discern news from entertainment.  You are trying so hard to be objective,,, you have made everything subjective.  It is not logical, not rational.

Yeah I've seen this response before from you. You can absolutely blame the messenger if they change the message. The media is totally to blame, and that's why half the country, maybe even more, has stopped believing anything they say without lots of verification.

We as normal citizens are not in great positions to VERIFY news reports. Your comment makes no sense.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:03 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Read what I replied to fifty.  If Trump is indicted; why wasn’t Hillary, Bill, Obama and the Bushes?  Why hasn’t Pence been indicated and the coup de gras Joe himself, who has had classified documents stashed by his Corvette and at least 3 other places since 1974?

It looks bad, almost Banana Republic bad.  I haven’t seen what the 7 counts are, but come on man.

ETA: it’s guy like me that try to keep idiots like you from ruining the country.   

I'd focus on Hildabeast. Meat on dem bones.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:43 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol, I swear to god you people just plagiarize Trump's dumb Truth Social posts. Aren't you embarrassed to be such a parrot?

We see people parrot CNN, WAPO, MSNBC daily, but suddenly parroting say Fox is an issue with you? Go back in your cage and sit on a perch with that hypocrisy.  

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think democracy started dying with dark money. people underestimate greed and it is in fact a destroyer of nations.  that sounded good didn't it?    grins

If you want to get me spun up, you're on the right track lol. Dark money is definitely a nebulous term, but probably sums up the root of the issue well enough. I think it leads to no politicians being able to get to Washington without being corrupt to get there in the first place. I think it leads to influencing media to change news to the benefit of those shelling out cash to those news agencies. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

We as normal citizens are not in great positions to VERIFY news reports.

First, you have to know the difference between news and entertainment.  Second, you have to have some knowledge of politics, economics, human nature, nature of power.  In other words you have to be able to think critically.  Third, you MUST have the ability to be honest with yourself.

You came into this thread sounding like Sean Hannity, claiming no bias, asserting that you wanted people held accountable.  Well, it appears we are finally going to hold someone accountable and,,, you don't like it.  You are the contradiction.  You are the disingenuous.  You are the typical.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, icanthearyou said:

First, you have to know the difference between news and entertainment.  Second, you have to have some knowledge of politics, economics, human nature, nature of power.  In other words you have to be able to think critically.  Third, you MUST have the ability to be honest with yourself.

You came into this thread sounding like Sean Hannity, claiming no bias, asserting that you wanted people held accountable.  Well, it appears we are finally going to hold someone accountable and,,, you don't like it.  You are the contradiction.  You are the disingenuous.  You are the typical.

You think anyone who doesn't sing the liberal song and dance sounds like Sean Hannity. You described three things that you have proven you cannot do yourself. Thus your insults hold no weight for me. Go bother someone else with your incompentant drivel.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You think anyone who doesn't sing the liberal song and dance sounds like Sean Hannity. You described three things that you have proven you cannot do yourself. Thus your insults hold no weight for me. Go bother someone else with your incompentant drivel.

As you wish. 

Still, politics is NOT Democrats and Republicans.  Politics is class warfare.  The problem is not a competing ideology.  The problem is the corruption of a government that is for sale (legal corruption).  The problem is money in the political and governing processes.  Personally, I hope anyone who is corrupt goes to jail.  And, I don't care which politician/party goes first.

Stop being taken in by the distractions of culture wars and partisan nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

As you wish. 

Still, politics is NOT Democrats and Republicans.  Politics is class warfare.  The problem is not a competing ideology.  The problem is the corruption of a government that is for sale (legal corruption).  The problem is money in the political and governing processes.  Personally, I hope anyone who is corrupt goes to jail.  And, I don't care which politician/party goes first.

ok i am getting lost because to me it appears youo guys are saying the same thing. i admit i have a hella buzz so i might not be right here but it sure looks like it.

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

As you wish. 

I'm not even going to touch this. Nice last second veer to the middle after binging leftist talking points. Completely believable. 

I keep forgetting at my core that these political forums are for your guys entertainment, and not a discussion to actually change minds.

"I was convinced by the argument I read on a Political smack talk forum"

-No One Ever

So I got it out of my system, and any more discussion here is just going to make me sad. Some of you I really like on the other side of the forum and I like keeping it that way.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm not even going to touch this. Nice last second veer to the middle after binging leftist talking points. Completely believable. 

I keep forgetting at my core that these political forums are for your guys entertainment, and not a discussion to actually change minds.

"I was convinced by the argument I read on a Political smack talk forum"

-No One Ever

So I got it out of my system, and any more discussion here is just going to make me sad. Some of you I really like on the other side of the forum and I like keeping it that way.

Close minded dishonesty is a wonderful alternative to awareness.

Partisan politics is not real politics.  It is an illusion and distraction.

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Close minded dishonesty is a wonderful alternative to awareness.

Partisan politics is not real politics.  It is an illusion and distraction.

Hold on while I try to make your name a reality while on my mobile.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

You could certainly be right, and I'm not going to truly celebrate unless and until he's convicted, but this one "feels" different. For years we've hoped he'd face some kind of consequence, but I never paid it much attention. I wasn't even all that excited about the recent rape trial because it was civil and I knew he, and his supporters, would shrug it off no matter the outcome.

It's notoriously difficult to snag anyone in DC, but from everything I've read, Jack Smith is very intelligent and methodical. And a shark. Anything can happen in DC, but this us the first time I think it will, rather than hope.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Was going to give a thumbs up, but then wanted the laugh emoji. Can't do both, so I gave the thumb :laugh:

On 6/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, AU9377 said:

His actions make Hillary's emails look extremely trivial. Of course, she met with the FBI without legal counsel and she actually told the truth when asked questions.  She didn't obstruct justice and there was no need for a raid in order to locate documents containing national security information.

Seriously?

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Again, one more swing and a miss...

THE ONLY THING I AM SAYING IS JUST WAIT UNTIL IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.
HOPE IT DOES AND ENDS HIS POLITICAL CAREER.

It is happening, now.   You are free to ignore it and wait until it's over.  Just stop interrupting with your irrelevant posts about how it's premature to take notice and it's all likely to blow over.

Meanwhile, here's something to occupy your mind:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/02/01/biden-trump-constitutional-crisis-00003959

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I am convinced history will demonstrate you are wrong.

We've undergone periods of public distrust in our institutions, often severe - such as during Viet Nam.  But we've never had a president deliberately undermine public faith in our institutions as Trump has. Shame on you for being a part of it.

Hell, there are MAGA congressmen laying this whole thing on Biden trying to take down a political rival.  What nonsense, as this indictment clearly demonstrates.  Basically they are saying Trump is above the law.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:56 AM, KansasTiger said:

Yeah I've seen this response before from you. You can absolutely blame the messenger if they change the message. The media is totally to blame, and that's why half the country, maybe even more, has stopped believing anything they say without lots of verification.

We as normal citizens are not in great positions to VERIFY news reports. Your comment makes no sense.

None of my trusted media sources have "changed the message".

You are listening/reading to garbage, likely because of confirmation bias.

"Media is totally to blame" my ass.  Take responsibility for yourself. 

Edited by homersapien