The utter failure of Merrick Garland

AUFAN78

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

image.jpeg

Thank you for setting the standard for unintentional humor on the forum. 

The comment was questioning why he would say that he was proud of his son.  Hunter has always been the problem child.  The last thing his Dad will do, or any father that is a decent human, is pile on when he thinks that he may be getting it together somewhat.  What is so tough to understand about that?

• Like 2

Despite President Biden's support for his own son, he has not and WILL not ever contradict the decisions of the DOJ or IRS to prosecute his son. POTUS Biden will let the agencies do their work without getting involved.

And that said, historically, the DOJ and IRS have rarely (almost never) actually prosecuted in cases like this Biden kid. But they are doing so now in order to placate the Republican wingnuts who are slobbering crazy to try to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to hang on anyone in the Biden family.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

Despite President Biden's support for his own son, he has not and WILL not ever contradict the decisions of the DOJ or IRS to prosecute his son. POTUS Biden will let the agencies do their work without getting involved.

And that said, historically, the DOJ and IRS have rarely (almost never) actually prosecuted in cases like this Biden kid. But they are doing so now in order to placate the Republican wingnuts who are slobbering crazy to try to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING to hang on anyone in the Biden family.

oh brother....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 10:08 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

And yet in the same poll page 15: 

53% hold a favorable opinion of the FBI vs 32% who have an unfavorable view. 

50% have a favorable view of the DoJ vs 33% have an unfavorable view

While a majority of people may not think the FBI/DoJ did the right thing in a few specific cases, the overall opinion/favorability of the agencies still seems to be pretty good. If so many people supposedly don't trust these agencies then why do they still hold favorable opinions about them? 

I can imagine if Auburn and CHF has a 50% or 53% favorability this fall there will be no questions asked. Our overall opinion will be they did pretty good. :laugh: 

The problem is the more power you move to the federal gov to manage, control, and regulate, (all in the spirit of the redistribution of wealth and trying to micro manage fairness) the more inherently it will grow, become further incompetent, corrupt, tax everything, and be distrusted. Institutions critical to democracy functioning become questioned and deep state conspiracies explode.

Trump has become a liberal naive obsession. He just a symptom. He wasn’t the cause of the Republican Party going completely nuts, he was the inevitable immune system result of the federal gov’s power over reach into all aspects of people’s lives. Simply get rid of trump…. there’s a zillion mini me’s to replace him.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 11:08 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

And yet in the same poll page 15: 

53% hold a favorable opinion of the FBI vs 32% who have an unfavorable view. 

50% have a favorable view of the DoJ vs 33% have an unfavorable view

While a majority of people may not think the FBI/DoJ did the right thing in a few specific cases, the overall opinion/favorability of the agencies still seems to be pretty good. If so many people supposedly don't trust these agencies then why do they still hold favorable opinions about them? 

Notice that 30-35% number. That's the 30-35% of American's who are considered forever Trumpers. Aka, the crazies. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I can imagine if Auburn and CHF has a 50% or 53% favorability this fall there will be no questions asked. Our overall opinion will be they did pretty good. :laugh: 

So, how do you explain this?

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

Walked right into that one, didn't ya?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Probably one of the predictable "Fake news" "bad data" or "media's fault"

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So I really have to explain that to you? :laugh:  Oh well. So a guy hovers around 46% approval and drops to 34% post presidency. Was there something more you desired?

No, but I do think you are a bit of a nut. :comfort:

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I really have to explain that to you? :laugh:  Oh well. So a guy hovers around 46% approval and drops to 34% post presidency. Was there something more you desired?

No, but I do think you are a bit of a nut. :comfort:

So 50% is too low for Freeze and the DOJ, and Biden, but Trump at 46% is a win? Is that what you're implying? 

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So 50% is too low for Freeze and the DOJ, and Biden, but Trump at 46% is a win? Is that what you're implying? 

Good grief! This forum is littered with those voices. I mean you can't make this sh** up. 

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

image.gif.60dd9a56c2fc2e30a817384ace9252a7.gif

On 6/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, AU9377 said:

The comment was questioning why he would say that he was proud of his son.  Hunter has always been the problem child.  The last thing his Dad will do, or any father that is a decent human, is pile on when he thinks that he may be getting it together somewhat.  What is so tough to understand about that?

How in the **** is HB getting it together even one percent? Please tell us how?

Is it ******* his dead brother's wife?
Cheating on his wife?
Is it the cocaine?
The hookers?
Running off and marrying a woman he just met because she got pregnant WHILE SLEEPING WITH HIS BROTHER'S WIFE WHILE CHEATING ON HIS WIFE?
Is it being a deadbeat dad with his bastard child in Arkansas?
I know, its being FORCED BY THE JUDGE to have to attend family court for his bastard kid? 
Is it the $Ms he's making off his name with the Chinese Govt for a no-show job in investments?
Is it making $50,000 a month for a no-show job with Burisma?
I KNOW! It's the $Ms he is making off his middle-school-level artwork? 
Was it the getting s***-canned by the US Navy after being gifted a Commission at age 43 for showing up stoned to work?
We all now know it was being brutally forced by the IRS to do what every other person in America does every day and PAY HIS ******* TAXES. 

We should stand up and give HB a ******* standing ovation for paying his taxes, just like everyone else here does every day. 

I bet one of his dad's donor buddies actually wrote the check to pay the taxes.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

How in the **** is HB getting it together even one percent? Please tell us how?

Is it ******* his dead brother's wife?
Cheating on his wife?
Is it the cocaine?
The hookers?
Running off and marrying a woman he just met because she got pregnant WHILE SLEEPING WITH HIS BROTHER'S WIFE WHILE CHEATING ON HIS WIFE?
Is it being a deadbeat dad with his bastard child in Arkansas?
I know, its being FORCED BY THE JUDGE to have to attend family court for his bastard kid? 
Is it the $Ms he's making off his name with the Chinese Govt for a no-show job in investments?
Is it making $50,000 a month for a no-show job with Burisma?
I KNOW! It's the $Ms he is making off his middle-school-level artwork? 
Was it the getting s***-canned by the US Navy after being gifted a Commission at age 43 for showing up stoned to work?

Every single one of those things took place years ago, outside the issue with, as you describe, the bastard child.  Of course, that child was also conceived years ago.  What would you suggest in your infinite wisdom?  Should he be shot in the head in the public square because his issues with addiction fueled his propensity for bad decision making?  The question was why would his father say he was proud of him? 

I think everyone should show a little decency when it comes to the relationship between a parent and a child, regardless of their age.  Most good parents don't abandon their child when they see them trying to better themselves.  Hunter has always been the problem child, but he also has a Yale law degree.  They don't just print those on Amazon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Every single one of those things took place years ago, outside the issue with, as you describe, the bastard child.  Of course, that child was also conceived years ago.  What would you suggest in your infinite wisdom?  Should he be shot in the head in the public square because his issues with addiction fueled his propensity for bad decision making?  The question was why would his father say he was proud of him? 

I think everyone should show a little decency when it comes to the relationship between a parent and a child, regardless of their age.  Most good parents don't abandon their child when they see them trying to better themselves.  Hunter has always been the problem child, but he also has a Yale law degree.  They don't just print those on Amazon.

If this were a trump family member, I assure everyone here there would be no calls and no grace.

I don't like trump or Biden. I am at least non-partisan in my contempt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If this were a trump family member, I assure everyone here there would be no calls and no grace.

I don't like trump or Biden. I am at least non-partisan in my contempt.

The Trump kids are even bigger grifters than Hunter.  Jared Kushner used his position as "advisor" on the Middle East, which he was as qualified for as Hunter was to sit on the Board at Bursima, to do favors and build relationships that he cashed in as soon as he could.  $2 billion is a lot of money and Kushner is no investing genius.  The difference is that I have never claimed it was illegal, so far as we know.  Hunter receiving money was not illegal in the same manner as Kushner, they simply both have the same stench.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The Trump kids are even bigger grifters than Hunter.  Jared Kushner used his position as "advisor" on the Middle East, which he was as qualified for as Hunter was to sit on the Board at Bursima, to do favors and build relationships that he cashed in as soon as he could.  $2 billion is a lot of money and Kushner is no investing genius.  The difference is that I have never claimed it was illegal, so far as we know.  Hunter receiving money was not illegal in the same manner as Kushner, they simply both have the same stench.

Oh contrere mon frere, I believe them to be obviously part of the grift. No doubts. I am not defending anyone in the trump family nor anyone in the Biden family.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Oh contrere mon frere, I believe them to be obviously part of the grift. No doubts. I am not defending anyone in the trump family nor anyone in the Biden family.

There are degrees of grift I guess. But I’m sure that any child of a president generally has a positive outcome at any job interview. Especially if it’s a defense contractor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

There are degrees of grift I guess. But I’m sure that any child of a president generally has a positive outcome at any job interview. Especially if it’s a defense contractor.

There is a reason the ivy league kids of high level politicians start Wall Street investment firms....... 

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is a reason the ivy league kids of high level politicians start Wall Street investment firms....... 

Easy to launder the money...

18 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Easy to launder the money...

The thing is... it isn't laundered.  The money literally finds them.  It smells, but it isn't illegal. 

Neil Bush - $2 million stock deal  in 2003 with Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., a firm backed by the son of former Chinese President Jiang Zemin

Angela Chao, the sister of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and sister-in-law of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is on the board of The Bank of China.

Jeb Bush - 2019 - HNA Group, a Chinese investment firm invested millions in a hedge fund owned in part by Jeb Bush.

The list is much longer... but unfortunately the practice is common.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The thing is... it isn't laundered.  The money literally finds them.  It smells, but it isn't illegal. 

Neil Bush - $2 million stock deal  in 2003 with Grace Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp., a firm backed by the son of former Chinese President Jiang Zemin

Angela Chao, the sister of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and sister-in-law of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is on the board of The Bank of China.

Jeb Bush - 2019 - HNA Group, a Chinese investment firm invested millions in a hedge fund owned in part by Jeb Bush.

The list is much longer... but unfortunately the practice is common.

And HB got more money than all of them on the first pass....

You are the same people that looked for 6 years and found all but nothing with the trump campaign and went off half-cocked for all 6 years but can't make the OBVIOUS as the nose on your face connection on the Bidens? And we are talking $Ms of dollars that we already know about. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

And HB got more money than all of them on the first pass....

You are the same people that looked for 6 years and found all but nothing with the trump campaign and went off half-cocked for all 6 years but can't make the OBVIOUS as the nose on your face connection on the Bidens? And we are talking $Ms of dollars that we already know about. 

I don't know who you are talking about, but nobody looked for 6 years.  Are you confusing the impeachment trial and the Mueller report?  They aren't the same.  By the way, you do realize how many indictments, including those involving the Russian campaign manager that resulted from that I hope?

Show us some proof of the amount of money that Hunter Biden's firm was paid and by whom.  If some connection is so obvious, why is there no evidence of it at all?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

If some connection is so obvious, why is there no evidence of it at all?

In 6 years we were told 24-7-365 that there were certainly going to be Treason-Sedition-Collusion charges, there were zero. You do fully admit that right? I will fully admit to the 2nd and third tier nothing charges as well. But where did all those guaranteed Treason-Sedition-Collusion charges go?