Sen. Tim Scott

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I really like Tim Scott. If the GOP primary was today he is the candidate I would vote for. He tells it like it is, no holds barred like this bashing of the Obammers.

Tim Scott responds to Obamas' criticism of Supreme Court ruling: 'A lie from the pit of hell' | Fox News

What I would give if I could waive a wand and make him our nominee.   Smart, self-made, humble, well-spoken, thoughtful, Christ-loving, hard working.   And instead we are going to nominate a narcissist who bragged about grabbing women's crotches.   The Bible speaks about the end of times and how everything seems backwards..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

What I would give if I could waive a wand and make him our nominee.   Smart, self-made, humble, well-spoken, thoughtful, Christ-loving, hard working.   And instead we are going to nominate a narcissist who bragged about grabbing women's crotches.   The Bible speaks about the end of times and how everything seems backwards..... 

I would at least think about voting for him in the general. trump, he's like the Bushs. I never voted FOR a Bush in my life. I will never ever vote for trump.

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I would at least think about voting for him in the general. trump, he's like the Bushs. I never voted FOR a Bush in my life. I will never ever vote for trump.

I'm increasingly convinced that anyone that has the ability to make it to the general election is not someone deserving of my vote. Not in this day and age. They sold their soul, along with their promises and influence, elsewhere to get them to that point.

14 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm increasingly convinced that anyone that has the ability to make it to the general election is not someone deserving of my vote. Not in this day and age. They sold their soul, along with their promises and influence, elsewhere to get them to that point.

So you'll default and have others make the decision for you? I understand your annoyance, but if I have to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils it won't be the first time. I'm not turning the country over to others without having my vote counted.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

I really like Tim Scott. If the GOP primary was today he is the candidate I would vote for. He tells it like it is, no holds barred like this bashing of the Obammers.

Tim Scott responds to Obamas' criticism of Supreme Court ruling: 'A lie from the pit of hell' | Fox News

I like what I've heard from him so far. We'll know much more by the time the primaries roll around.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

So you'll default and have others make the decision for you? I understand your annoyance, but if I have to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils it won't be the first time. I'm not turning the country over to others without having my vote counted.

At this point I'm voting RFK jr even if I have to write it in myself. Both sides are practically the same. I just relistened to Trump's Fox News interview and he is a narcissistic joke. And his answer on vaccines proves he's willing to hide what he really believes in order to try and win. 'I can't talk about vaccines, because some people love the vaccines, and some people hate them'. Worst answer he could possibly give. Take a position and defend it you coward. He should be willing to actually admit he got duped on the vaccine being as effective as they claimed and failed to reign in Fauci. But he simply can't admit he ever made any mistakes.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

At this point I'm voting RFK jr even if I have to write it in myself. Both sides are practically the same. I just relistened to Trump's Fox News interview and he is a narcissistic joke. And his answer on vaccines proves he's willing to hide what he really believes in order to try and win. 'I can't talk about vaccines, because some people love the vaccines, and some people hate them'. Worst answer he could possibly give. Take a position and defend it you coward. He should be willing to actually admit he got duped on the vaccine being as effective as they claimed and failed to reign in Fauci. But he simply can't admit he ever made any mistakes.

I was watching Washington Week last night and one of the panelist said: 

"Trump used to control the MAGAs, now they control him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

There are no guiding principles in the relationship.  If he is nominated, the power shifts back to Trump.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

What do you think of Tim Scott? From your state isn’t he.

I would love to see other candidates join Chris Christie and just speak the truth that everyone in Washington knows, but few Republicans will voice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

What do you think of Tim Scott? From your state isn’t he.

Yeah, he's one of our senators.  Pretty much votes party line.  He's a solid Trump supporter so it's hard to figure what is really motivating him. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, he's one of our senators.  Pretty much votes party line.  He's a solid Trump supporter so it's hard to figure what is really motivating him. 

Trump won’t likely pick him, but he’d a be a good VP candidate on a ticket.

17 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump won’t likely pick him, but he’d a be a good VP candidate on a ticket.

That could be the motivation for both him and Nikki Haley.

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That could be the motivation for both him and Nikki Haley.

Nikki has burned that bridge, but perhaps someone else’s VP.

On 7/1/2023 at 7:04 AM, KansasTiger said:

I swore off voting for any national democrat ever again in 2020. But I really like Bobby Jr.  Depending on what’s going on locally I might pull a dem ballot for the primary anyway. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 4:05 PM, AU9377 said:

I would love to see other candidates join Chris Christie and just speak the truth that everyone in Washington knows, but few Republicans will voice.

The never trumpers will never win over the party. Trump is flawed in many many ways, but unless a candidate can point out the bad of trump while also embracing some of the populist anti corruption ideas he had (the little good trump represented thats sadly never came to any fruition), they won't succeed. Christie wants to bash trump and be a hard line party GOPer, and like Liz Cheney, that won't work.

But RFK has the right mix to win members from both sides. Trump voters like him for his anti corruption and maybe unique understanding of how it works in washington. Dems can like him for his numerous actual liberal stances on gun control, studen debt relief (maybe even done in the right way this time), and so on. It's a shame he won't be given a fair shot.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 1:38 AM, KansasTiger said:

The never trumpers will never win over the party. Trump is flawed in many many ways, but unless a candidate can point out the bad of trump while also embracing some of the populist anti corruption ideas he had (the little good trump represented thats sadly never came to any fruition), they won't succeed. Christie wants to bash trump and be a hard line party GOPer, and like Liz Cheney, that won't work.

But RFK has the right mix to win members from both sides. Trump voters like him for his anti corruption and maybe unique understanding of how it works in washington. Dems can like him for his numerous actual liberal stances on gun control, studen debt relief (maybe even done in the right way this time), and so on. It's a shame he won't be given a fair shot.

The problem is that pointing out the many obvious faults gets redefined as bashing him.  They won't allow themselves to see Donald Trump for what he has shown us all he is because they are blinded by the cult of personality that they have built him up to be.  There is so little foundation to base any real claims that Trump was in some way anti-corruption that it is comical.  Trump is above all other things, transactional.  He has no core principle that guides him other than achieving an end goal by whatever means necessary.  That is how a man that has lived his entire life as New York pro-choice advocate suddenly becomes pro-life to secure a voting block within the Republican party.  Of course, who is really the more nefarious of the parties involved?  The evidence is abundant that Trump has paid for several women over the course of his life to have abortions.  There was nothing illegal in that and I am not claiming that there is, but far right evangelicals choose to ignore 60 years of him being pro-life and having himself benefited from aborting children conceived because they believe that he will help their cause.

These same evangelicals see him making a mockery out of the core principles of faith and nonetheless claim that he was somehow sent from God.  The man went on national television and proclaimed that he has never done something that he needed forgiveness for, yet they act as though that never really happened.  Christie, if you listen to him speak, is clear in his message.  He gave Trump the benefit of the doubt.  He ran his transition team and for 3 years was a constant presence attempting to advise Trump.  Like EVERY OTHER PERSON in Trump's inner circle, what he saw went against every notion of how to govern that Christie had ever been around.  Trump's disdain for having to abide by the laws of the country eventually resulted in Christie distancing himself.  As Christie points out, Trump won't listen to advice, unless that advice supports what he has decided to do.  Most men and women in positions of leadership, especially political positions, want to have voices at the table that argue why they should not do something or proactively should do something in order to provoke meaningful debate before decisions are reached.  Those are the voices that Trump silences first.  That is reason enough that he should not be anywhere near the presidency of the largest democratically elected government on the planet.

• Facepalm 1

On 7/2/2023 at 10:44 PM, alexava said:

I swore off voting for any national democrat ever again in 2020. But I really like Bobby Jr.  Depending on what’s going on locally I might pull a dem ballot for the primary anyway. 

Because you believed that the documented lie about the election being stolen was accurate?  I'm not trying to be argumentative or judgmental about that decision in any way, but I am interested in knowing the basis for your decision. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The problem is that pointing out the many obvious faults gets redefined as bashing him.  They won't allow themselves to see Donald Trump for what he has shown us all he is because they are blinded by the cult of personality that they have built him up to be.  There is so little foundation to base any real claims that Trump was in some way anti-corruption that it is comical.  Trump is above all other things, transactional.  He has no core principle that guides him other than achieving an end goal by whatever means necessary.  That is how a man that has lived his entire life as New York pro-choice advocate suddenly becomes pro-life to secure a voting block within the Republican party.  Of course, who is really the more nefarious of the parties involved?  The evidence is abundant that Trump has paid for several women over the course of his life to have abortions.  There was nothing illegal in that and I am not claiming that there is, but far right evangelicals choose to ignore 60 years of him being pro-life and having himself benefited from aborting children conceived because they believe that he will help their cause.

These same evangelicals see him making a mockery out of the core principles of faith and nonetheless claim that he was somehow sent from God.  The man went on national television and proclaimed that he has never done something that he needed forgiveness for, yet they act as though that never really happened.  Christie, if you listen to him speak, is clear in his message.  He gave Trump the benefit of the doubt.  He ran his transition team and for 3 years was a constant presence attempting to advise Trump.  Like EVERY OTHER PERSON in Trump's inner circle, what he saw went against every notion of how to govern that Christie had ever been around.  Trump's disdain for having to abide by the laws of the country eventually resulted in Christie distancing himself.  As Christie points out, Trump won't listen to advice, unless that advice supports what he has decided to do.  Most men and women in positions of leadership, especially political positions, want to have voices at the table that argue why they should not do something or proactively should do something in order to provoke meaningful debate before decisions are reached.  Those are the voices that Trump silences first.  That is reason enough that he should not be anywhere near the presidency of the largest democratically elected government on the planet.

You're obsessing over arguing for something that I wasn't even really focusing on.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Because you believed that the documented lie about the election being stolen was accurate?  I'm not trying to be argumentative or judgmental about that decision in any way, but I am interested in knowing the basis for your decision. 

I'm not being argumentative, just going to state you probably believe in a documented lie lol. Great way to start off a non argumentative and judgemental approach.

Both sides cheated in the 2020 election. 

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You're obsessing over arguing for something that I wasn't even really focusing on.

I wasn't arguing with you.  I was just pointing out examples of the willing blindness.  I could have simply stated that any mention of Trump's many failings is interpreted as bashing, including something that is an uncontroverted fact.

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm not being argumentative, just going to state you probably believe in a documented lie lol. Great way to start off a non argumentative and judgemental approach.

Both sides cheated in the 2020 election. 

I get your point, but when do we stop sugar coating the situation?

I sincerely believe trump will win the nomination. It’s just math and the Maga guys are the Maga guys. Its screwed up but without something unforeseen - it’s an absolute. I think if there ever were an election that could break the cycle of left/right radicalism and go 3rd party, it’s this one. But it’s risky - ie Cheney, manchin, ect would grab the middle and if that’s not enough to win - might be trumps best and only chance in a general election.

2024 will be unlike any election we have had in my lifetime = No one wants one major candidate to win because (1) he is "crazy" defined as he does not have command of his faculties, can't remember where he is, can't remember who is dead or alive, can't remember which country is in military conflict with another,  etc (2) no one trusts his decision-making ability and his decisions often makes matters worse than the problem he claims he is trying to solve (3) no one thinks he will be able to fulfill his term and his VP is less popular than him and is arguably unqualified for any serious role.    No one wants the other major candidate because he is also "crazy" but in a very different way.    He insults people right and left, overly exaggerates everything, continually repeats false narratives even when they do not help him, will not listen to his advisors or even entertain ideas that he disagrees with, and he shows no loyalty to anyone who does not have his last name.   Some not small number of players in his own party do not trust him.    It will be a vote of "who do you not want the least."