2024 4* OL DeAndre Carter commits to AUBURN!!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@gr82b4au No it's not! Stop worrying Went! It's not easy to arrange a family reunion to make a commitment when you have family from Cali and Alabama you're trying to get in 1 spot.

I am surprised after all this time you don’t know that I have posted about a lack of OL commits for years and years here. It has become a running theme /joke. I know he is going to AU. That is why I made the joke: PTAOLRD 

33 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I am surprised after all this time you don’t know that I have posted about a lack of OL commits for years and years here. It has become a running theme /joke. I know he is going to AU. That is why I made the joke: PTAOLRD 

Normally I'd make a joke about there only being room for one of us, but the OL recruiting has been so bad for so long, I can't muster the desire to try and find the  humor.  Besides #s, which are atrocious, the talent has been subpar for our competition. 

Watching the bachelor trying to grab a defender running freely past after moments before being knocked flat on his back will forever be ingrained. 

Thankfully we have the best OL coach since Grimes.  He is known as a tremendous teacher and developer.  Hell lean on others while learning how to close from CHF.  So far his evals have been spot on and I like the net he has been able to cast. I'm cautiously optimistic we may be turning the corner with Carter. (Not that I'm cautiously optimistic about Carter)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The countdown has begun.....WDE LET'S GO BIG DeAndre Carter!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Thankfully we have the best OL coach since Grimes.  He is known as a tremendous teacher and developer.  Hell lean on others while learning how to close from CHF.  So far his evals have been spot on and I like the net he has been able to cast. I'm cautiously optimistic we may be turning the corner with Carter. (Not that I'm cautiously optimistic about Carter)

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Traumatic

Auburn 

Offensive 

Line 

Recruiting 

Disorder 

At least that's what I came up with 

Meh. JABA is so much simpler & easier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

This would cap off an excellent Saturday for the Auburn Tigers football program

@woodford Not happening today with DC.

On 8/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, bigbird said:

Normally I'd make a joke about there only being room for one of us, but the OL recruiting has been so bad for so long, I can't muster the desire to try and find the  humor.  Besides #s, which are atrocious, the talent has been subpar for our competition. 

Watching the bachelor trying to grab a defender running freely past after moments before being knocked flat on his back will forever be ingrained. 

Grimes phase one was an awesome on-field and recruiting O line coach. Ironically Gus's extended loyalty to Grimes phase two (post radition cancer treatments) started the O line slide.

20 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Grimes phase one was an awesome on-field and recruiting O line coach. Ironically Gus's extended loyalty to Grimes phase two (post radition cancer treatments) started the O line slide.

My take was that Bird is referring to Coach Jeff Grimes, but I could be mistaken.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

My take was that Bird is referring to Coach Jeff Grimes, but I could be mistaken.  

Yes, Jeff Grimes was an absolute beast!!!   He’s also right about JB Grimes.  Round 1 was pretty good.   Round 2 was bad.  

• Like 1

Realistic question here for those in the know. Do people think Auburn gets both DeAndre Carter and Kam Franklin on Saturday? That would be a heck of a day if it happens. 

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Realistic question here for those in the know. Do people think Auburn gets both DeAndre Carter and Kam Franklin on Saturday? That would be a heck of a day if it happens. 

Yes to landing both. Franklin the 19th and Carter after that, probably the first of September.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

@Chaotic_zx I don't think we get both this Saturday. We have not heard an announcement date for DC yet. The longer it goes without him seting a date the more likely his family in Cali & alabama aren't able to get together for a family reunion commitment this weekend. Then you start looking at September 3rd as a potential date. Also other than the 2 we got at BCW, it looks like Freeze likes spacing the commits a bit.

10 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

giphy.gif

Dak probably telling yet another DB he probably thew a pick to, "You da man!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/7/2023 at 8:24 PM, gr82b4au said:

All AU fans have PTAOLRD

post traumatic Auburn offensive line recruiting disorder 

it is real 

I have mentally blocked it out ... I can't recall the last 10 year's worth of recruiting ... My doctor thinks it is for the best that I try not to remember.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

I have mentally blocked it out ... I can't recall the last 10 year's worth of recruiting ... My doctor thinks it is for the best that I try not to remember.

I think 50 has a prescription for PTAOLRD that we could use when remembering the last decade.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think 50 has a prescription for PTAOLRD that we could use when remembering the last decade.

I hope it is better than Golf's prescription.   Those warm PBR's are hard to drink, and only seem affective after it I take 6 or 7 of them.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2023 at 2:21 PM, bigbird said:

Pure gold!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

I hope it is better than Golf's prescription.   Those warm PBR's are hard to drink, and only seem affective after it I take 6 or 7 of them.

Why the hell are you drinking WARM PBR's numnuts?

50 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Why the hell are you drinking WARM PBR's numnuts?

I was trying to be like you.   I know they didn't have refrigeration back in your day.   

And in my defense, only one of them is numb.   

• Haha 1