2024 4* OL DeAndre Carter commits to AUBURN!!

ellitor

6 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Considering the last two high profile recruits we missed out on who we thought were completely Auburn until the last days before their announcements…IJS

This is an example of a silent commit gone right!! He’s been a silent commit I believe it was implied since around big cat!!!! Woooooo!!!!!! Yesssirrr!!! Leggooo!!! See they do work out sometime!!! 😂😂

tmp.gif

IMG_5086.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

(Side note: we got big commits when I saw both Barbie and Oppenheimer.)

I hope you liked them then, cause I'mma need you to go back and see them every weekend

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Marketing wise yes, on the field it starts with the big Fattys up front . I’m pumped either way   

Riddick & Perry are much more than marketing Ws.

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Excellent! I get the stars system but its still interesting how THE #1 IOL in the nation is not a 5*. 

@aucanucktiger It's because On3 has him as a 3* & the #54 ranked IOL in the class.

6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

This is a phenomenal pickup. Very talented kid.  Freeze has now recruited the same number of high school offensive linemen that Gus recruited in his last 3 years, and 2 times (plus 1) as many as Harsin in his 2 years.  Welcome aboard the A-train, Mr. Carter.

image.jpeg.6970320656062ecaa464c7af872276e6.jpeg

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Neither USC nor UCLA in his final three? How was Lincoln Riley and Chip Kelly not all over this guy being in his backyard?

@Viper He wasn't as high on their board as he was on ours & 247 or ESPN rankings.

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think the question is why None of the sites have him a 5 *?

@NWALA Tiger easy. IOL don't get drafted in the 1st round often.  5*s are given to recruits projected to be 1st round picks. Little emphasis is based on college production in terms of star rankings. It's not a great system in that regard but that's how sites have often done it, even when they say they don't.

Great pickup. Now lets find a way to get a couple more O-line in this class.  Maybe a flip and a development type that they feel has the potential with the right coaching.  

WAR EAGLE and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Viper He wasn't as high on their board as he was on ours & 247 or ESPN rankings.

The #1 IOL wasn't high on Lincoln Riley's & Chip Kelly's board? That seems quite odd.

Considering Carter's final three schools were all at least a half the nation away, perhaps he wanted out of the area?

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

The #1 IOL wasn't high on Lincoln Riley's & Chip Kelly's board? That seems quite odd.

Considering Carter's final three schools were all at least a half the nation away, perhaps he wanted out of the area?

He has family in Birmingham.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Viper said:

@Viper Again, not everyone sees him the same way. On3 has him as a 3* & the #54 IOL in the class.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, HAPvsOA said:

This is a HUGE win regardless of the rankings. Pun intended. 

It would be great if we could start building an offensive line around him.

• Like 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic

He's visiting Texas next week. Can we hold on to him?

I'll say it again, relying on first year results for recruiting is a recipe for disaster, especially with how badly the previous staff(s) screwed up our roster.

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He's visiting Texas next week. Can we hold on to him?

I'll say it again, relying on first year results for recruiting is a recipe for disaster, especially with how badly the previous staff(s) screwed up our roster.

Who knows if he’s a take for them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'll say it again, relying on first year results for recruiting is a recipe for disaster

@AUwent Assuming you mean on field results that's why people who really understand recruiting don't have that expectation. 1st year results don't often play a factor in that year's recruiting class, unless it is accompanied by a HC or AC coaching change.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Assuming you mean on field results that's why people who really understand recruiting don't have that expectation. 1st year results don't often play a factor in that year's recruiting class, unless it is accompanied by a HC or AC coaching change.

Agreed. But do we feel confident about being able to hold on here?

Edited by AUwent

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

Agreed. But do we feel confident about being able to hold on here?

@AUwent Yes. If there was concern Bird, Zeek, or I would have posted it.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

So u don't subscribe to the ol " Proof of concept" that JHead refers too ?

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So u don't subscribe to the ol " Proof of concept" that JHead refers too ?

Proof of concept is a very nice way of saying "we need a miracle first season to gain any traction." Which simply wasn't going to happen.

Edited by AUwent