2024 4* OL DeAndre Carter commits to AUBURN!!

ellitor

Default Avatar

6-3.5 / 340
Mater Dei
Santa Ana, CA

Notable offers: AI, USC, Texas, Sparty, UGA, Bama, Michigan, Oregon, Penn St, LSU, UCLA, Florida, A&M, FSU, Vols, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wisky, Colorado, Washington, & Utah.
Major target for AU
Top 3 of AU, Sparty, & Texas in no order
Trying to visit AU again for BCW
Could commit by August
Distance is not a factor
Dad's family is from B'ham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This guy have anything to do with all the eyeball monsters on Twitter?

Doubt it. He doesn't plan to commit for another month at the earliest.

3 hours ago, mountaincorgi said:

could he commit at BCW?

@mountaincorgi Unlikely. Still remains to be seen if he can get to BCW. Even if he does, the earliest he says he would commit is August.

Four-Star OL DeAndre Carter talks official visits to Auburn and Michigan State, Texas up next

It's shaping as a three-team race for the talented offensive lineman with Auburn, Michigan State and Texas making a push.

Greg Biggins9 hrs

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei offensive lineman DeAndre Carter took a pair of official visits in June and has one more locked in before decision time.

Carter is one of the nation’s top offensive linemen and is currently rated the No. 90 prospect in the 247Sports Composite and No. 56 in the Top247.

He started the final game of his freshman season at left tackle and hasn’t missed a start since. He’s a mammoth prospect at 6-4, 330 pounds but can move and is dominant as both a run blocker and pass protector.

He took a handful of unofficial visits this off season and then took a pair of official trips in June to Auburn and Michigan State. He broke down what stood about each trip:

Auburn- “That visit was eye opening for me. I had never been to Auburn before but it really exceeded my expectations. It was so family oriented and everyone I met was very genuine. The players and coaches were great with me and I also liked how close the players and coaches were with each other. Coach Thornton is my lead recruiter and he’s a great guy and I’m really comfortable with him.

“I like coach Freeze a lot too and was able to spend a lot of time with him. He sat with me and my parents at dinner and then we had some really good conversations the rest of the weekend. We talked at his house and then on my last day of the visit, we had another nice sit down talk and he let me know how much they want me. I like the SEC a lot, it’s just different out there because of the level of competition. The fan bases are very passionate and I think it would be fun to play in that kind of environment.”

Michigan State- “That was my second time visiting Michigan State and I really enjoyed it there both times. On my unofficial visit, I saw most of the campus, the facilities and the dorms. I think the official trip for me was good because i was able to spend a lot more with the players and coaches on the team. It wasn’t as rushed, not saying the unofficial trip was rushed but I could just relax more on the official.

“My dad was with me on the first visit and this time, my mom was able to come with us too so that was great. They both loved it there and feel really comfortable with Michigan State as an option. I have a good relationship with coach Kap (Chris Kapilovic, OL coach) and like his coaching style. He brings the energy and all the guys on the team love him. I like coach Tucker a lot too and he’s someone I have a lot of respect for.”

Carter has one more official visit left and plans to visit Texas September 30. 

“I visited Texas for Junior Day and had a really good visit,” Carter said. “There were a lot of people there but I had a good time and I have a good relationship with coach Flood (OL coach). He's recruiting me hard and reaches out every week. 

“I was in position meetings with coach Flood and actually learned some new things technique wise and have used them on the practice field. I like coach Sark too and all the players I talked with really like it there.”

As for his commitment timeframe, Carter said it will likely be early in his season. 

“Right now, the plan is to commit early to mid season,” Carter said. “It could be after the Texas visit but if I wake up and feel really good about a school, I get that special feeling, I could commit earlier. 

“I don’t want to wait too long and lose my spot but also don’t plan on rushing things. That’s the good thing about being an offensive lineman, schools take 3-4 every year so I’m just going to play it out and we’ll see what happens.”

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Most important recruit left on the board IMO. 

Not Even Close Bud GIF - Not Even Close Bud Try Again ...

Make no mistake though, he is damn important.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Waiters & waitresses but no Mater Deis. 

Evidence exhibit A for Auburn fans being the corniest fans in all of sports.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Waiters & waitresses but no Mater Deis. 

Love the dad jokes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not Even Close Bud GIF - Not Even Close Bud Try Again ...

Make no mistake though, he is damn important.

That is why I said IMO. He is the most important to me. 
love that movie though ha

31 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That is why I said IMO. He is the most important to me. 
love that movie though ha

Perry and/or Riddick are more important to me because they are 5*s and beating Bama for in state 5*s they led with would be a major game changer moving forward & signify

Oh Its On GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

I know you said it is a weak class for OL"s, but I'd sure like to get some big, uglies moving this way.

I'm still a lot wary when it seems we can't bring any in from the HS ranks.

55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Perry and/or Riddick are more important to me because they are 5*s and beating Bama for in state 5*s they led with would be a major game changer moving forward & signify

Oh Its On GIFs | Tenor

Ha

image.gif

Well very good points, it would show we are starting to beat bama in recruiting elite players, but I will stick with OL. Here is my reason  

Even Gus signed WR and Cain and M Simmons are 4* WR we will get.  We beat Uga for our top LB already, and it looks like we will sign other great LBs. 

…but the downfall for AU for years has been OL and it is crucial. How many OL do we have? 0. We have missed in all of our targets at this point. Just like Gus did. 

Signing the #1 IOL in the country would signify a huge change, and also show we can recruit nationally - one from CA that has USC, MI St, and Texas in top group (yes I know he has local connections). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Ha

image.gif

Well very good points, it would show we are starting to beat bama in recruiting elite players, but I will stick with OL. Here is my reason  

Even Gus signed WR and Cain and M Simmons are 4* WR we will get.  We beat Uga for our top LB already, and it looks like we will sign other great LBs. 

…but the downfall for AU for years has been OL and it is crucial. How many OL do we have? 0. We have missed in all of our targets at this point. Just like Gus did. 

Signing the #1 IOL in the country would signify a huge change, and also show we can recruit nationally - one from CA that has USC, MI St, and Texas in top group (yes I know he has local connections). 

My counter point is getting 1 or 2 5*s over Bama in state would open up the doors many more wins in recruiting at every position so winning the Perry/ Riddick sweepstakes are more important. Carter is talented but if we lose him we can replace him in the transfer portal with quality OL.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My counter point is getting 1 or 2 5*s over Bama in state would open up the doors many more wins in recruiting at every position so winning the Perry/ Riddick sweepstakes are more important. Carter is talented but if we lose him we can replace him in the transfer portal with quality OL.

True.
Counter point.

Not signing PT or Rid would be terrible but not devastating. Not signing a top HS OL in this class would be devastating. 
Again, all this is just my opinion, but as you probably already know I also spent years on this recruiting board bashing Gus for his lack of OL recruiting … and I don’t want the first full class for Freeze to start off the same way. 

• Like 1

Is there some sort of anti-Auburn NIL collective out there from the likes of Alabama, Georgia, and LSU where they pool in leftover money that pays offensive linemen to sign anywhere but Auburn, in addition to what the new/other school gives them to go to that other destination? I could be crazy, but it sure seems that way…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Not signing a top HS OL in this class would be devastating. 

Again no it wouldn't with what we could get & likely will get in the transfer portal after the season.

11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I also spent years on this recruiting board bashing Gus for his lack of OL recruiting

Everyone but Mikey did.

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

and I don’t want the first full class for Freeze to start off the same way. 

With what we will likely get in the portal it won't.

Freeze has shown that he can get OL in the Portal but we also need HS O-line.  This player would be a key get. Then I understand we are looking at an Alabama O-line Reese Baker not rated but is the type player we passed on in the past. Has frame of a tackle very athletic with good feet but only about 260 pounds.  An awful lot of players like this get to college add muscle mass and become very good players a couple years down the road. 

O-line is a tough position to analyze as an awful lot of top players had to be developed over time. So try for the top 4* and 5* players but also grab a few players who you think have the frame and talent to become top O-line.  Last few coaches didn't sign or develop this type player.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1