2024 4* OL DeAndre Carter commits to AUBURN!!

ellitor

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So u don't subscribe to the ol " Proof of concept" that JHead refers too ?

@NWALA Tiger I have no clue what that means and he has not explained what it is when I asked. What I can say is a good number of recruits already are deep in relationships with coaches in many cases so those relationships still win battles often times in year 1 of a new staff much more than a new staff's 1st year record.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AUwent said:

Proof of concept is a very nice way of saying "we need a miracle first season to gain any traction." Which simply wasn't going to happen.

J Head has a special gift of being able to communicate situations in a way that sounds very reasonable, logical, and even very likely to happen.  However, I’m not sure that his information and conclusions are based in the actual reality of the situation, much less based on inside information.  Terms like “proof of concept” sound good, but not sure our assistant coaches and Hugh are actually using that tactic or term on the recruiting trail.

Im not bashing him, I just don’t view his AU takes substantially anymore.  Dude would make a killing in the corporate business development world - he has a gift.

Edited by AUApostle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

So…we still in the clear?

@AUwent Nobody is ever in the clear in the NIL eratill they sign.

On DC specifically, Texas is a threat.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent Nobody is ever in the clear in the NIL eratill they sign.

On DC specifically, Texas is a threat.

A little pedantic. I mean, are we still the leader?

are we still the leader?

@AUwent You do realize he's committed to AU right? That's not a valid question unless he decommits.

• Haha 1

A little pedantic.

Not pedantic. That's the reality of the NIL world we live in.

• Like 2

I’m less worried than I used to be about the online. This time last year we had Brayden Joiner. A few weeks after Hugh got here we added Lew, Wedin, and Johnson from High School, then added Miller from JUCO. Next came Senda. This staff will find dudes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, just saw this.  

Imma cry if we lose our ONE Oline commit.  

Sigh.  What is it about Auburn and Oline recruits???  Its insanity.  Third coach we have had that seems to struggle getting decent Oline commits to come.  

Apparently Auburn is like kryptonite to these big guys. 

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

So, just saw this.  

Sigh.  What is it about Auburn and Oline recruits???  Its insanity.  Third coach we have had that seems to struggle getting decent Oline commits to come.  

If Baylor's offense keeps struggling, CJG might be available lol.

Games like AU vs GA help top recruits believe Auburn is just a few key players away from contending for championships. 

Unless they're really committed to the school, games like AU vs LSU, IMHO, make top recruits look for better opportunities to compete for championships. 

While NIL may be one consideration, I don't think it's the biggest consideration.  Top players want to have a positive experience, win, and make it to the pros.  Auburn doesn't have to win out this year to retain commitments, but they can't look clueless and defeated.  Why would anybody sign up for that?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

NIL

Was being facetious.

I’ll remember the yellow font next time. My bad.

• Like 1

I am not liking our lack of offensive linemen and now we may loose our best one to Texas? Not encouraging at all

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

So, just saw this.  

When I was younger, typically only middle school-aged girls bedazzled stuff, I guess TX football does too…😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I have said for months… This is the top player in this class IMO. Not looking good here.

Why wouldn’t he honestly? Forget Auburn, Texas should be able to offer more, they’re already past the proof of concept, UTa will surround him with more talent of his caliber, and from what little I know about ball, etc etc. it was impressive we held them guys back as long as we did tbh 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AUINSY said:

When I was younger, typically only middle school-aged girls bedazzled stuff, I guess TX football does too…😂

Soft and pretty

• Haha 1